Quinceanera

Hi, I am a 14 year old latina. I am cionfused on the preparations of mi quinceanera. See, I live with an African American familia (I was adopted...I`m cuban i look blk) , and i don`t really want them to attend my Sweet 15. I have only lived with them for 2 anos, and I don`t think that it is right for them to take that special place in this important part of my life of nina to senorita. If you can help me e-mail me a message at mis_quince_anos@yahoo.com. Oh, I almost forgot...do I have to be a member of the church in order for the preist to do my ceremony, or can I just go to a church y ask the preist to perform it for me. I have already had my first communion y Christening so...pleeaassee help me. Gracias
Posted by Ana Gomez; updated 11/29/02

I just wanted to let you know that i am planning my daughters quinceanera and when i looked into the church part, they told me i had to be enrolled in the parrish. See i live in new jersey i don`t know if the rules and guidelines are all the same in every state but in mine they won`t do it unless you are a member of the church.
Posted by BEATRIZ; updated 11/30/02

Well duh you have to be a member
Of the church and it`s not sweet 15 it`s mis 15 anos
Posted by yesenia; updated 01/11/03

I`M PLANNING MY QUINCEANERA TOO. I TALKED TO THE PRIEST OF A CHURCH WHICH I`M NOT A MEMBER OF AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY CAN STILL DO THE CEREMONY EVEN IF I`M NOT A MEMBER.
Posted by cando'swifey; updated 04/21/03