Quincenera

I`m having a quincenera in dec and want to know if you are suppose to serve food or the reception is just for dancing and music.
Posted by angela; updated 03/01/06

You really need to serve food. If you have all that dancing and no food someone could pass out, just kidding but you really should serve food. Good luck.
Posted by Lisa; updated 03/07/06

MAMA yes serving food would be a good idea, especially when there is a lot of danceing, an if your MEXICAN then you know how we are MUSIC+ MEXICANS= PARTY so yes yes yes u need food mija.... Good luck
Posted by missy; updated 03/09/06

Well, you don`t have to serve food BUT, a reception is meant for food, music, socializing and having a good time. If you take just one of those out of the equation, you do not have a party. It doesn`t have to be a 4 course meal, it can be salad, pasta, chicken, meatballs (appetizer), it is not meant to be so full that you can`t dance, you are just to satisfy the hunger. A friend of mine did a wonderful Quinceanera. I loved her entire idea. She had a Tea Party. The cake looked like a teapot, there was colorful decorations, it looked like Alice in Wonderland and the favors were beautiful teacups filled with 3 flavored teas. They served finger foods, shrimp, cucumber salad, cole slaw, garden salad, pasta salad, sandwiches, flavored ice teas and it was very nice. They had it in a garden in the middle of Spring and it was gorgeous. The kids had a wonderful time and it wasn`t a large 4 course meal. What I loved about it was that the wait staff dressed up like the characters of Alice in Wonderland. I remember her party more than I remember my own niece`s party! So put your ideas together and come up with a menu that is delicious and filling to your guest.
Posted by Mika; updated 03/09/06