Quincenera Dresses

Um...I was wondering if it really matters what kind of dress you have. Some people tell me its up to me, but I am not sure...?!
Posted by Angelica; updated 11/24/02

It really doesn`t mader about the dress the thing that is important is that u are turning 15 and soon going to be woman!!!
Good luck at ur quincequera!!!!
Posted by lorena; updated 11/25/02

Well it depends. Because im hispanic and usually you have to follow the tradition. For us our dresses should be light pink. Because sometimes its called Fiesta Rosa and rosa is pink.
Posted by Sally; updated 06/01/03

Hey its up to you...just make sure that you stand out cuz it is your party after all...
Posted by Mariana; updated 06/01/03

Ok look if your taking damas ppl might think that they look much better than u and u dont want that do u so like other ppl say its really up to u
Posted by Paulina; updated 06/01/03

Well from wut ppl have told me (im goin ot have a quince next yr) u dont want to have an all white dress b/c u wear a white dress when u get married. And u dont want it to look like ur gettin married. But pretty colors are light pink or ice blue. Good Luck
Posted by Bekah; updated 07/21/03

True...your dress shouldn`t be all white but I had a white dress with tiny yellow flowers on it. If you`re having damas I recommend you use white with touches of the color you`re having. But if you`re not have it black if you want....j/k!
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/21/03

I would say that you should probably have a light color for your dress and have your damas put on a color that complements your dress. Your dress should also be like a little fluffy. Do have the dress hugs to your body. Like for my sweet sixteen, my dress is strapless, one piece dress, the top of it is tight, but going lower ,its get fluffy. I suggest that you go to the www.Davidsbridal.com to see what kind of dress you like. But David`s Bridal only have white dresses but you could just go to see which dress style will complement your body.
Posted by Queomi; updated 07/21/03

My parents and my family are confusin me weather i have to get wat and wat i shouldnt dey want me to get the same things as my cousin, but thats just not me wut color of dress should i get pink or babyblue , but i dont like pink soo much but my family does wat do i do???help??
Posted by Vilma C.; updated 07/31/03

Oops...sorry if I confused you but what I meant was that if you`re having damas YOUR dress should be white with touches of whatever color you`re having.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/31/03

It doen`t matter what dress it is . It is good if it`s white because white represets the purity of the quicenera. Quicenera dresses come on different colors and it`s yours and your parent`s desicion what kind of dress you want.
Posted by laura; updated 10/31/03

It does matter what color dress you have because its supposed to be the special day its a day that they see that you are going into woman hood and it also depends where your from like salvadorians have thier dress pink cause the meaning of it is "Mi Fiesta Rosa" so salvadorians usually have it pink so it depends on where you are from too.
Posted by Roxanne; updated 11/10/03

Girl, i know exactly what your going through! my quince is in july and i`m picking my dress. My mom says i can pick any dress i want so long as it`s decent... I saw about 10 or 15 dresses that i loved but i had to pick just 1. The dress ~I~ want is gorgeous! i saw it in a mary`s magazine, but the thing is i don`t know if they`ll approve. Make a list of the dresses you like [let`s say 10] and eliminate the one you like the least [ keep doing this until you end up with only 2 or 3{here is where it gets harder!} and pick the top one] this is what i did in order to pick my dress. I wish you well on your quince and good luck with planning it... It`s tough, tougher than i would have ever thought! good luck again and e-mail me any time you need to talk about how a pain it is planning it but how it`s all worth while!
*laura*
Posted by laura; updated 01/13/04

Girl, i know exactly what your going through! my quince is in july and i`m picking my dress. My mom says i can pick any dress i want so long as it`s decent... I saw about 10 or 15 dresses that i loved but i had to pick just 1. The dress ~I~ want is gorgeous! i saw it in a mary`s magazine, but the thing is i don`t know if they`ll approve. Make a list of the dresses you like [let`s say 10] and eliminate the one you like the least [ keep doing this until you end up with only 2 or 3{here is where it gets harder!} and pick the top one] this is what i did in order to pick my dress. I wish you well on your quince and good luck with planning it... It`s tough, tougher than i would have ever thought! good luck again and e-mail me any time you need to talk about how a pain it is planning it but how it`s all worth while!
*laura*
Posted by laura; updated 01/13/04

When you have your quincenera it will be one of the most memorable moments in your life. In my opinion, tradition states that you should have the white, big, puffy dress. Although now a days everyone is doing their own thing and is putting their own style into it. Its up to you, but remember it is YOUR day!!!
Posted by Allie; updated 02/10/04

When you have your quince, I think the dress should be tradtional, lik a light pink or peach, but if your having your damas make it white with whatever color you love:: remember its your day to shine::
Posted by Amber; updated 02/11/04

It dosent matter
Posted by angie ochoa; updated 03/17/04

Well, it`s up 2 u if you want pink you could get pink, if you want white you should get white. It`s up 2 u its going 2 be ur big day your going to be a woman you need to make desicions 4 ur self now!!
Posted by Maricela; updated 04/07/04

I dunt do the traditionol .. Or w.e u wanna say .. Buh umm traditionol dunt mean MEXICAN TRADITIONAOL iight ... Theres no really right wayy to do itt itz ya own stlye really .. Im colombian n we dunt do many of the thingz other people do . . It really dependz were u from or wha u liek .. N da dress izz w.e u want .. I picked out mah dress first nd den i knew what colorz da party was gunna ... Good luck !
Posted by NENA; updated 06/04/04

If you want to be traditional, you would do the whole big dress thing. But I`ve had friends that wear other types of dresses. Now a days people choose the kind of dress they want to wear. Do what makes YOU feel comforable. Good Luck!!!
Posted by Alexandrea; updated 06/15/04

Its really up to you... But you should still get somthing not too outragous, so it matters for the most part but over all its your decision cuz its your day every girl gets her day n so noone should say NeThing rude cuz either she already had her day or its coming up soo that waz or will be their day but at your time it will be your day.
Posted by carol; updated 08/03/04