Agreement Letter

Does anyone know how to word an agreement letter or a commitment letter to parents in regards to having their daughter or son participate in a quinceanera. I would like to make sure the parents are all made responsible for their childs decision to be in the event. This will hopefully eliminate girls or boys dropping out at the last minute.
Posted by Tia; updated 02/09/06

I would like some information on the commitment of the damas and their parents. Can anyone help
Posted by Tia; updated 02/11/06

HI..there is an agreement letter format that a girl had posted on her website. It is called www.Miss Quince.com.

It was beautifully worded. If I`m correct, it is actually part of an invitation that the quinceanera`s parents had sent to each the the kids that her daughter wanted to participate. This was a get together that her parents planned in order to meet other parents and explain to them the event as well as the costs involved. Once this was agreed to, the parents had to sign a permission slip. I think it would involve informing the parents of dates and of rehearsals and the like, as well as informing them that any deposits for attire would be nonrefundable. It would be wise to wait for the gifts of each member of the party in order to ensure that no additional and unnecessary costs were accrued . Hope it helps!!!!
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/11/06

I want to thank you for your response. This will help me very much.
Posted by Tia; updated 02/12/06

This was an outstanding letter and follow-ups! the suggestions are perfect. I hope that more people find this! especially when you are Hispanic, live in a non-Hispanic community and have to get the word out and inform the court! thank you very much :)
Posted by jessica chavez; updated 01/06/08

Hello - The website that is referenced here is no longer available. Do you have the sample letter to share? That would be helpful!!
Posted by Rafael; updated 03/31/09

Quinceañera

Our daughter, Jayde Alexandra Aguirre, will be celebrating her Quince Años (15th Birthday) on May 10th, 2008.

She has invited your Daughter or Son to take part of this lavish celebration.

The Quinceañera is a celebration of a girl stepping into womanhood and leaving her childhood behind. There is a Mass of Dedication and Thanksgiving to reaffirm Jayde’s Catholic faith. Jayde will give prayer to her Patron Saint, renew her Baptism vows, and give her pledge to her family, friends, community and God. A reception with family and friends will also follow in celebration.

Your Daughter or Son will be part of the Court of Honor.

There is a lot of planning for this event and we will have regular updates so that everyone knows what is being planned for the upcoming months leading up to the big day of Saturday, May 10th!

We will be having a Court of Honor meeting in the next couple of weeks and ask that you attend with your Daughter or Son.

Please e-mail me back at [insert e-mail address or other contact info] with your approval so we know that permission was given for your Daughter or Son to be a part of this joyous occasion.

Thank you,

[insert parent names]

P.S. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions in the meantime.
Posted by Jessica; updated 04/01/09