WEDDING PHOTOS

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON MARCH 11, 2ND MARRIAGE FOR BOTH. FIRST TIME I DID NOT HAVE A CHURCH WEDDING. ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS TAKING THE PHOTOS...VERY GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER. NEED ANY INPUT ON WHAT TYPE AND WHAT POSES FOR PICTURES, HAVE SOME IDEAS, BUT WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT FROM
ANYONE..

THANKS
Posted by SHELLY; updated 02/06/06

In addition to Andrew`s good suggestions, you might want to do a series of close-ups on hands held together (showing off the rings). Hands help up in the sky with rings. Hands over a bouquet of flowers. Both rings in a rose (cheesy for some, others love it).

If the couple is athletic, you might have them running toward you from a distance so as to show off the bride`s hair and dress. This can be especially nice if they are in the countryside ...or even the city. (watch the heels though). This is sorta a "posed" photojournalistic shot.

There`s nice stuff you can do with shallow Depth of Field (small f/stop like f/2.8) -- which can make an image where one part of the image is in focus and the rest is tastefully blurred. A simple version of this kind of shot would be to have the bride hold out a bouquet of flowers, then have the camera focus on the flowers while the bride remains slightly blurred in the background.

Lots of ideas...so little time....:)

Www.photokwang.com
Posted by Kwang; updated 02/09/06