Daughters 13th Birthday

My daughter is turning 13 and I really need some party ideas. She wants to have a sleep over at a hotel but I am not sure if it is appropriate or if other parents would think that also. So I want to think of other ideas.
PLEASE HELP ME
Posted by Kelly; updated 01/06/06

You could make every room in your house a theme. Living room (movie theatre) put a stack of movies, candy, popcorn. Her bedroom could be dance mania. Move furniture and gets lots of music they like. Kitchen should be an area with lots of food buffet style, snacks that they can make. It might even be fun to have cupcakes or cookies ready to decorate. Outside (if it`s warm and you have a pool make it a pool party area. Another bedroom could be the Game room. This way they can spend the night and you can just sit back and relax and let the different themes entertain them. I assist with and party plan so if you would like more help or ideas let me know. I hope that helps you. Have a wonderful party
Posted by Crystal; updated 01/06/06

Thank you very much for the idea the only thing is my house is small and it would be to crowded. If you could give me a few more ideas it would be really appreciated
Posted by Kelly; updated 01/06/06

We did a hotel sleepover for our daughter`s 12th birthday and
She and her friends had a blast! The hotel had an indoor pool so
We got connecting rooms poolside. We had a luau theme so
Everyone had leis and grass skirts to wear with the swimsuits. We had pizza and and snacks and of course cake. We did crafts and made picture frames and decorated them with tropical flowers, cut out letters and other tropical decorations. We then placed magnets on the back. We took polariod photos of our
Daughter with each of her friends both wearing the leis and grass skirts and then glued the photos to the frames. It was a great keepsake for her friends. They spent the rest of the evening swimming and having fun in the pool. We had about 20 girls and
All of the parents thought it was a great idea and had no problems
With the sleepover. My only advice would be to not have that many
People, it will keep costs down. Otherwise it was a great success and all her friends still talk about it today. She has also been to other pool parties since in which there were boys invited. They didn`t stay for the sleepover, but they had a great time in the pool.
I`d recommend doing this if she really has her heart set on it. Have fun!
Posted by Lanie; updated 01/07/06

Thank you so much for the response. Her party is this weekend and we did decide to go with the hotel, so everything is booked. It has a indoor pool (like yours), whirlpool and also a fitness center. I was a little nervous on what the parents would say but I actually had a few tell me that it sounds like fun. Your theme sounds like a neat idea. I was trying to think of something crafty for them to do. Thank you for making me feel better hopefully hers is a hit like yours was.
Posted by Kelly; updated 01/17/06

Um well ma b-day cumin up so im goin skatin not no ice skatin roller skatin i ont kno if it gone help ya but dats jus wat i wanted ta do. But dont go n go skatin cuz dat was MA IDEA go find ya own. Dats really dumb dont kno wat ta do on a b-day how bout u go ask ya daughter instead a askin yaself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by ghettochick; updated 02/15/06