Quinceañera

My daughter will be turning 15 next may2003 ... I really can`t afford the cost of such an affair. What can i do to still give her a quinceañera and yet not break my piggybank? any suggestion will be appreciate as for a list of the most important part of this special day.
Posted by carmen; updated 10/14/02

First you might have her ask for help from family and friends. If not, just do the church thing and have a small gathering at someone`s home or at your house. If you need more ideas, e-mail me taz4twety@aol.com I can try to help.
Posted by Rosie; updated 10/15/02

E-mail me and let me know what type of event you want to have. Will it be at your home or will you be renting a hall or?

I have lots of ideas...good luck!
Posted by Silvia; updated 10/17/02

E-mail me and let me know what type of event you want to have. Will it be at your home or will you be renting a hall or?

I have lots of ideas...good luck!
Posted by Silvia; updated 10/17/02

I personally think to have a home event is less expensive and yet very traditional.and you can make it as formal or casual as you want it. Maybe it could take place out in the garden, with your own landscape. Maybe rent a couple of trecels and fill it up with flowers. (this would be ideal for spring or summer event) Ideas are endless. In Mexico they serve a traditional dish call " Mole" for special events. You could set your table with spanish decor. Gather your family to make a couple of your favorite dish.

There is no right or wrong way of doing a quinceanera, I think what is important is what it symbolizes.

Your daughter does not need all those endless sponsors nor damas and chambelans. She could have just a couple or few chambelans for her waltz after she dances with dad.

The church event is the cheapest expense, but I do recommend to donate something to the church and of course flowers to Our Lady ( that is if you are Catholic)

Invitations could be bought at a stationary surplus, then get on your computer and get creative.

You know, this best thing about planning and coordinating a quince was when my daughter and I could work together creating ideas. The event was not the only memorable thing, it was working as a family.

By the way checkout this website under the vendor list. Sometimes coordinators can put it all together and even give you an idea of what it would cost. Or a planner could plan an event with "your Budget".

Good Luck!
Posted by Helpful; updated 10/23/02

You don`t need a lot of money to have a wonderful birthday party for your daughter. I did some research before my daughter`s sweet 16 party in 2001 and found that you can receive support from close family and friends. For example, you can assign a "Padrino" or "Madrina" of a specific task, like flowers, music, or dresses. In lieu of a gift someone may provide food or drinks for her party. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
Posted by Cindy; updated 10/24/02

I`m planing to have a ouinceaera for a lil sister, we will be giving it in may of 2004 but this is are first time. My problem is we don`t know to many hall in phoenix arizona. We want to fit like 500 to 600 people but were looking for a good PRICE!
Posted by denise gonzales; updated 04/27/03