QUINCEANERA PROBLEM

FIRST, I WAS SO EXITED ABOUT MY DRESS. I GOT TO DESIGN IT AND I CHOSE HOW I WANTED IT AND MY AUNT OFFERED TO MAKE IT. WELL, THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHE DID IT THE WRONG COLOR AND EVERYTHING ELSE WRONG EVERYTHING WRONG. IN HER POINT OF VIEW ITS "BEAUTIFUL" BUT ITS REALLY UGLY. EVERYTIME I SEE DRESSES IN THE STORES I START CRYING
( REALLY ) BECAUSE THEY ARE SO PRETTY. MY FRIENDS ALSO HAD PRETTY DRESSES, NOW I FEEL LIKE A LOSER. WAHT DO I DO???? I DON`T EVEN WANT MY PARY TO COME ANYMORE AND ITS IN EXACTLY 20 DAYS. THERE IS NO WAY TO FIX IT AND I CANT WEAR ANOTHER DRESS. I FEEL SO SAD . WHAT DO I DO???
:( CYLENE
Posted by CYLENE; updated 09/24/02

Well I`m going to have mine soon also and my point of view I think you should tell her. This is gonna be one of the best days of your life. What I would say is something like "I really had my heart set on that specific color, and I know you really worked hard and I know theres no time to fix it but I was wondering if I could get another dress and, tell her that you really liked one you saw in a store and if that fails then tell her you don`t like it, but don`t call it ugly, always be patient, and polite and she will see that you deserve it and since its your day she`ll get it for you. If she tells you anything about it`s too expensive just go look for a dress check there refund policy and buy it a week before your party and then refund it and say you didn`t like it.
Posted by Ally; updated 09/27/02

I would confront (tell) your aunt how you feel about your dress and that you want a store bought one and maybe thank her for her help.
Posted by April; updated 07/10/03