Looking For An Old Wedding Song

I am looking for lyrics and if possible, music to the song, "It Was Heaven`s Grace that Made Thee Mine". It was sung at my parents wedding 50 years ago and I would like a copy for the "memory table" at their 50th anniversary celebration. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by Cheryl; updated 09/23/02

Hi Cheryl,

Just wondering if you ever found the lyrics to this song. A friend of mine is going to sing this at our wedding and I wanted to find the lyrics for it.
Posted by Janelle; updated 09/02/03

My wife Lou and I were married in Waco, Texas in December 1962. The song "It Was Heaven`s Grace That Made Thee Mine" was sung. We have always regretted not saving the words or music and don`t know where to find them now. Can anyone help us?
Wylie
Posted by Wylie; updated 04/18/04

Are you still looking for the words/music of "It Was Heaven`s Grace...?"

I believe I have it...
Posted by Greg; updated 12/09/04

Dear Greg, You state that you have the song, "It Was Heaven`s Grace That Made You Mine." Yes, please, I am still anxious to have these words and music!

Yesterday (Dec. 8, 2004) was the 42nd Anniversary of our wedding in Waco, Texas, when that song was used!

God bless you. And please reply! Wylie
Posted 12/09/04 by Wylie Fulton
Posted by Wylie Fulton; updated 12/11/04

Hi Wylie,

Next March 15th is our 25th anniversary, and it was my intention to surprise my wife by having my oldest and youngest sons (piano and violin) play that song and I would TRY to sing it... My son tells me he knows where all our wedding music is, so hopefully we can dig it out within the next day or two -- without alerting my wife, of course. :-)

I`ll keep you posted. If I don`t have it, hopefully my sister will...

Best Regards,
Greg
Posted by Greg; updated 12/12/04

Thanks, Greg. I`ll be anxiously waiting! If you could photo-copy the words and music and either send to me as an e-mail attachment, or else by regular mail. I`ll be glad to pay the expenses. God bless your 25th Anniversary; hope the song is a blessing to your wife. Sincerely, Wylie Fulton
Posted by Wylie Fulton; updated 12/13/04

Hi Wylie,

I`m sorry to be so long in getting back to you, but I have some good news. I have the song we were discussing in December and will be glad to send it to you.

However, I have a small problem: your email address is on my portable computer which is now being repaired.

So if you`ll send me your email address again I`ll be glad to get it to you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kindest Regards,
Greg
Posted by Greg; updated 02/12/05

Dear Greg, So you have located the song, IT WAS HEAVEN`S GRACE THAT MADE THEE MINE, both words and music, I trust. You did not give and I apparently had not saved your e-mail address. So, please send it to: wfulton-lfulton@Juno.com Or if you wish to make a photo copy and mail to me, I`ll reimburse the expenses:
Wylie Fulton, 111 Robin Hood Drive, Forest City NC 28043. Thanks! Wylie
Posted by Wylie Fulton; updated 02/12/05

Greg
I hope you will get this and respond. I too have an older brother that is celebrating their 40th anniversary and we are trying to locate this music and lyrics. If you can scan it and send or copy and mail I would be very appreciative and will compensate you for your time and expenses. Please reply as we are in the final two weeks of the planning.
Kent
Posted by Kent Blain; updated 06/18/07

Yes, I`ll look back through my archived emails... I should be able to email it to you if you`ll send me your address.
Posted by Greg; updated 06/18/07

Yes, I`d be glad to do whatever I can -- you can email me at: gcotten@arincorp.com.
Posted by Greg; updated 06/18/07

Is there any chance you could e-mail me the music and lyrics for that song as well? Thanks so much!

Sarah @ norwegian_giraffe@hotmail.com
Posted by Sarah; updated 07/15/07

Yes, I`d be glad to email it to you... Please repost your email address ... Or email me directly at greg@cotten.com.
Posted by Greg; updated 07/18/07

No problem, it`s norwegian_giraffe@hotmail.com Thanks again!
Posted by Sarah; updated 07/18/07

For Greg Cotten
Hi, I too have been looking for the music and lyrics to the song "It was Heaven`s Grace That Made Thee Mine". I sang the song at my wedding in 1989, and wishes to sing it at my niece`s wedding in May 25. Would it be possible for you to scan the music and lyrics and send it to me .... Samormeo@yahoo.com
Much appreciated. God bless you.
Sam
Posted by Sam Ormeo; updated 05/05/14

Hello Sam,
Yes, I can do that. I recently upgraded my computer, so just now getting the scanner going... Will hopefully get that song to you soon.
Because of Christ,
Greg
Posted by Greg; updated 05/06/14

Hi Greg,
I am almost in tears ... , my niece is here now and I told her about that song (I can recall only a few lines) and she said the message is just touching. It is so Scriptural, and that is exactly what she wanted to say to her fiancee in the ceremony. I do not know how to thank you. The beauty of all of this is "you were able to minister" to us even if we do not personally know each other. The Lord is so good and so creative in His ways. I know I`ll see you in heaven someday, and I will surely face to face express my gratitude there. For now, thank you and God richly bless you. Looking forward to getting that song. SAM
Posted by Sam Ormeo; updated 05/06/14