Re:What Color Of Dress Should I Get?

My 15 is coming up really soon and I still don`t know what color 2 get my dress or the damas, they`re all burned!
Posted by jazmin; updated 10/24/05

I think that you should have like a white or peach color dress with gold decorations on it. Or maybe a baby blue dress or also pink to show how inocent you are. Forget about your damas. Let them choose what color do they want, after all they are the ones who are going to wear them. Right?
Posted by Jannet; updated 11/11/05

I think that you should get an olive green because it is ugly and goes perfect with you.
Posted by stupidgirl; updated 11/11/05

I imagine by now you may have chosen the dress colors already, but have you thought of perhaps your birthstone color? I think tradition pink is beautiful but my daughter and her twin brother had their quinceanero jan 7 06. She had a white dress with baby blue flowers embroidered with sequins, rhinestones, and beads custom made for her. He had a powder blue tux with tails. They were both adorable. Their father wanted her to wear pink but I told him her favorite color was blue. So I had her to compromise and wear the white since it is the next color in line to pink for tradition and add the blue flowers. It was great.
Posted by joy; updated 01/21/06

You should really take into consideration the season in which it takes place. Then go for colors for that season. Jewel tones (red, green royal blue)are best for the wintertime and soft pastels for the spring. If this is a summer event, there are flowers everywhere and you can get inspiration from those. Fall colors are deep rich tones such as copper, forest green or moss green, chocolate browns and burgundy or wine which are all beautiful. Good Luck!!!!
Posted by Maribel; updated 01/22/06

I have to somewhat disagree with the jeweltone colors. My twins` Quinceanera was in January and as I stated before their colors were white and baby blue. I had suggested birthstone colors to you but failed to mention that January is the month of the garnet. Garnet is deep red. Needless to say, we did not choose this color scheme. I, personally, would tend to go with pastel colors. They are fresh and signify new beginning such as the entrance into womanhood. Call me old fashioned. But it boils down to the individual person and your personal tastes.
Posted by Joy; updated 01/27/06

It`s so funny that Joy would write about the birthstone ideas, because I was actually thinking the same thing for my daughter`s quince, but like you twins, her birthday is in January, actually the 7th. I think that garnet is a deep red, however I think that maybe when paired up with champagne maybe, it would be pretty, my daughter actually wants a Masquerade Ball, and I am all out of ideas for centerpieces for this theme. She also wants to make it a black and white party for the guest...I never thought, that it would be so difficult to plan a quince, I always thought pink and thats it.....If anyone has any ideas for a masquerade ball, your ideas are welcomed....
Posted by Ada; updated 01/28/06

Hey girl i think thats easy u shuld get together and take the ones you like the best. And mayby go to a dress shop and c the ones u look better in. And take a couple of bffs to help u decide. Mayby thell help u pick out the damas`s dresses too. But make shure u ok it with everyone before u pick the dress for the damas. That way no one gets hurt. Hope my advice works!!bye!!
Posted by breanna; updated 05/06/07