Quinceanera Question...

Hey everybody...
Well my quinces are coming up and i am not doing the whole pareja thing because i think its a waste of time, instead i am asking 14 of my friends to hold a candle as i go around lighting them, but can anyone tell me what exactly do i have to do, like if there is a certain tradition that goes with this and stuff! thankyou all! -Vero
Posted by Veronyka; updated 08/30/02

Hey, that`s tight..I`m doing that too....the reason I didn`t get damas was because they complain too much about the dress, color, hairdos..everything...well, I was thinking that maybe you should dress them up in a cetain color, like the one of your dress, don`t make them wear the same thing because then is going to be like if they were damas or something...just the color so anyways....when you`re doing your brindis tell the dj to say good luck and whatever and the girls come up with the candle and you light them one by one...and then cut the cake....also...i`m making my girls a little ramo that you tie around their hands (the one they hold the candle with...that looks really nice and it`s also like a recuerdo...oh you got any ideas tell me..oh and something else..sorry i didn`t write back..i couldn`t and also when in october is your quinceanera???
Posted by Cylene; updated 09/01/02

Hey girl, thanx 4 da reply... N ewayz my quinces are on October 25th. Hey datz a good idea about da lil thang to hold da candle with (the ramos) I might do that. Yeah, itz true about the damas becuz I am dancing my friends Quinces (which are 20 dayz b/4 myn) and we all hate the dress but u kno we kinda have to et it. Lol ;o)
Posted by Veronyka; updated 09/03/02