Quincenera

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!! I am needing some ideas on, How to plan a quince. I`m new at this. Can someone please share with me what all is needed. Starting with my daughter what all she would need, the church, need help on food, what should I feed the quest. We are going with a Cinderella theme. But need help. Thanks
Melissa
(Dallas)
Posted by melissa; updated 08/22/02

At the church you need 2 ramos. Yours and the one you`re going to give to the Virgin Mary. Your also gonna need to take your last doll and your album. They are also gonna give her gifts like her ring, necklace and bracelet and they also put your crown on. All these things are bought by the parents or padrinos. At the reception, the guest eat while they take pictures of the Quinceanera. An hour later the waltz begins. They present the court oh honor and introduce the Quinceanera, then they give her last doll, change her flats to heels and put her crown on again. ( The crown gets taken of after mass so they can put it on back again at the reception) and then the Quinceanera gathers all the little girls and throws a doll symbolizing that she`s leaving them behind. And she can also have a little dance with the muneca and then she dances with her dad, after that she dances her waltz with the court of honor and after she dances with the padrinos and all the other people that want to dance with her. And then she can do a surprise dance. She can get any song she likes and dances it there with the damas and chambelanes ( but make sure you practice first) then the party begins, after( later on at night) they gather family members and the court of honor and then they do a brindis with champagne or cider and after you do the cake cutting and don`t forget, have fun and if something goes wrong, just let it go don`t let it ruin the happiest day of your life!! If you have any more quiestions you can e-mail me at littlegummybears@yahoo.com

Cylene
Posted by Cylene; updated 08/22/02

What I suggest you ask yourself or better yet picture the big event and then ask yourself.

1. What is the Quinceanera looking forward in this event?
2. What are you looking forward in this big event?
3. Will it be traditional or modern?
4. How many volunteer padrinos will there be.
5. And of course the most dreading question. How much can you afford?

You mention church, so I assume this is a religous Quince. You will need to book first the church, the classes that the priest requires. You need to book the ballroom or hotel. Usually they need a year in advance.

Every situation is different. I have some people that know other people or padrinos that can get the ballroom, the food, the decorations, the cake, and even sometimes the dress. Just make sure that you KNOW WHAT YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS. I have come accross where padrinos want things their way and sometime it`s doesn`t make you or the Quinceanera happy. Try not to get to where everyone is running the show but you. Remember, padrinos are to help not make the final decisions.

Every question you asked are legit, but they are very general. For example the food depends if you plan to have a sit down dinner, bufftet, or do you plan to feed the entire party or just the padrinos and family and immediate family? How many guest do you want to feed?

What she needs and want is unlimited it depends on the pardrinos.

Oh, I noticed you are from Dallas I know for a fact that not all churches here do Misa para Quinces. So look for one. And if you know of one look again, because they can be packed. In fact, I know that the priest requires that the Quinces take a one day class to understand the significant of this day.

See the vendor list on this website for a party coordinator. There is even a budget calculator that could help figure your budget.

Good Luck
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/24/02

Hey im going to have a quincenera also here in east dallas if u need help wit n e thang let me know my email is la_nyte_ryder@yahoo.co.uk
Posted by melissa; updated 07/06/03