Quinceanera Pa

I WANTED TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE QUINCEANERA! MY QUESTION IS DO WE CELEBRATE A QUINCEANERA AND A SWEET 16 THE SAME WAY? DO WE DO ALL THE CHURCH CEREMONY IN A SWEET 16? PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE REASON WHY I ASK IS BECASE MY DAUGHTER IS 13 YRS. OLD AND SHE IS NOW STARTING TO GET CCD CLASSES FOR HER FIRST COMMUNION AND HER CONFIRMATION. AND I DON`T KNOW WHO LONG IT WILL TAKE HER TO DO ALL THIS. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT WHEN SHE GOES TO DO HER QUINCEANERA AND THAT IF SHE DOES NOT HAVE HER FIRST COMMUNION AND CONFORMATION THAT THEY WILL DO IT ALL AT ONCE BUT I DON`T KNOW HOW MUCH OF IT IS TRUE. SOMEONE HELP ME?
Posted by beatriz rodrigue; updated 08/17/02

They are both the same the quinceanera dose need the girl to go through communion and confermation but if she has not gone through communion and confermation she can have her communion, confermation, and quinceanera at the same time.good liuck to your daughter and best wishes.
Posted by Freddy Lopez; updated 09/25/02

The best bet for you is to talk with the church where you plan to have the mass. You will have to do this anyway so that you can reserve the church. When you meet with the Father explain the situation and tell him that she is currently attending classes. I am not sure how long she will have to go. My daughter did her communion last year (4th grade) and will attend classes until her 8th grade year when she will do her confirmation. She had attended classes for two years before she did her communion. I know that under certain circumstances they will combine them you really need to speak with the church where you will be having the mass to find out what their regulations are.
Posted by Norma; updated 10/01/02