I Really Need HELP! Quincenera

MY birthday is in *8 MONTHS* and i am barely getting ideas for the quincenera! PLEASE HELP!
I need ideas and suggestions! anything will be appreciated! email me at kristela_garcia@hotmail.com

Ps. I didn`t even know there was a church ceremony involved!!

Email me ASAP!!!!

I know i want to have it outside (it`s during april) at night
Posted by Kristela; updated 08/12/02

Hey..i got sum ideas..since it`s probably going to be darker for center pieces you could get long or short, fat candles and put flowers white and the color of your dress all around the candle. Get 2 ribbons also white and the color of your dress glue them on the top and start rolling down untill you reach the bottom and then glue it...then you put a ribbon ( the one that has your name....ect..glue it on the top, and then glue a small shinny flower. They look really nice. Do you have a color yet??? do you have a theme??? tell me all that or i can help you find a nice night color...whats the color of your skin???
ANA
Posted by ANA; updated 08/12/02

Hey thanks ~~ANA~~for the tips! i know for sure i want a lilac as one of my colors and i don`t have a theme or know that i needed one( like i said i am CLUELESS about it!!!) email directly @ kristela_garcia@hotmail.com

TELL ME ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP!! THANKS!
Posted by Kristela; updated 08/13/02

YOU ARE VERY LUCKY, QUINCEANERAS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THE HOME ARE THE BEST.

I SUGGEST FIRST YOU TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS AND LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS EVENT. WHEN AND WHAT TIME IT WILL TAKE PLACE. SO YOU DON`T HAVE SOMEONE TO CALL THE POLICE AND PUT A DAMPER ON YOUR FIESTA.

HAVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR HOME AND YOUR ROOM WHILE YOU PREPARING THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY. MAYBE GET YOUR MARICACHI GIVE YOU A SERENATA AND HAVE THE PHOTOGRAPHER PRESENT.

SECOND, QUICK FIND YOURSELF TENTS AND MAYBE A FLOOR IF YOU DON`T HAVE A PLACE FOR YOUR DANCE. YOU CAN RENT THEM OR JUST GO TO A HARDWARE STORE AND BUY A COUPLE OF CANVAS TENTS. IDEA! ON YOUR HIGHEST FENCE, TREES OR JUST A TALL POLES PLACE A COUPLE OF STRING GOING ACCROSS YOUR BACK YARD AND HANG THOSE PASTEL BANDERAS. DEPENDING WHERE YOU LIVE YOU MIGHT HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THEM, BUT YOU CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THEM WITH CREPE PAPER.

IDEA! YOU CAN HAVE MOM START EARLY AND START PLANTING POTS, AND POTS OF FLOWERS THAT WAY THEY WILL BE BLOOMED BY YOUR QUINCE. LESS EXPENSIVE THAN BUYING FLOWERS AT THE FLOWER STORE.

IDEA! HAVE DAD MAKE A TRECEL AND MOM PLANT ROSES OR ANY VINES WITH FLOWERS.

IDEAS ARE ENDLESS.

IDEA! SET YOUR TABLES AROUND THE DANCES FLOOR, LIKE A SQUARE THAT WAY EVERYONE HAS VIEW OF YOUR VALTZ.

YOU CAN GET A COUPLE OF CRATE AND PUT SOME PLY WOOD ON TOP TO MAKE A STAGE FOR YOU MARIACHI, BAND OR DJ.

IDEAS! ARE ENDLESS

LOOK FOR A PARTY COORDINATOR THAT SPECIALIZES IN QUINCES. SEE THE PARTYPOP VENDORS.

DAIMONDS IS YOUR BIRTH STONE MAYBE YOU CAN HAVE A COUPLE OF LARGE WHAT THEY CALL BRANDY GLASSES AND FILL THEM UP WITH CLEAR MARBLE THAT COULD LOOK LIKE DIAMONDS FOR YOUR CENTERPIECE.

WHICH EVER FLOWER YOU CHOOSE YOU COULD TAKE THE FLOWER APART AND SPREAD THE PETALS ON YOUR TABLE.

GOOD LUCK!
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/18/02

Why are home quinceaneras the best?
Posted by marilu; updated 08/22/02

I bettter rephrase (before it could be ugly the attack of DeeDee and Cylene Gang) I THINK they are the best. I Feel a sense of Family, a homey ambiance. Not commericalized. For the Quinceanera and immediate family it can be a long term recuerdo. Especially, when mom remembers bring baby girl home, all of baby girl`s many memories in the home. Also, the community can be a big plus when neighbors are all invited.

I know mom and dad may not have a lot of money to spend but you can stretch those dollars when you can do at home. I understand if you do not have a large home it may be difficult, but the backyard is very traditional. And April is such an ideal time to have a Quinceanera outside.

You do not have to have your Quinceanera like everyone elses in a ballroom. I think they are memorable when they are original.

You might ask dad to put in a pretty fountain in your garden and take some awesome pictures. Even a Gazebo would be neat.

Good Luck Kristela.

It is how you make it.
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/24/02

Why do you always have to reference my name in your responses??

In case you haven`t noticed, it`s not just Cylene and myself who are sick of you. And it`s not your opinion that people are bashing. It`s the fact that you act like it`s only your opinion that counts and not anyone elses.
Posted by deedee; updated 08/26/02

DeeDee:

I was just warning Kristela that is all. But, I knew you would attack that is why I was little cautious of how I came accross. I was right.

I never said my opinion is the only one that counts. Are we feeling a bit insecure? No, I have not noticed but this is a message board and I can`t say it enough we are in America if you don`t like what I say. Oh Well! I thought you said to drop it and act like adults. I wasnt` giving YOU an opinion.

Cylene: You keep on promising not to answer but you just can`t resist huh? Where did you get the idea that I am jealous? And what would I be jealous of? There is nothing that you have nor anything that I would want of you. That makes no sense. When I replied to Kristela there was nothing in the message that should have provoked you. I was trying not to start anything with you guys that is why I repharsed my sentence to "I THINK" not that ii is.

Let see if either of you cant resist on this one.
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/27/02

How amuzing this is. You provoked us by using our name. If your an attorney, as you state, then you should know better than to slander someone`s name. That`s exactly what you did.

By the way, proofed is a word, but it depends on the way you use it. And in your sentenance it should have been spelled proved not proofed.

But, then again, shut up already!

Let`s see if you can resist this!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/27/02

No, I couldnt resist.

First of all why don`t you get off of the spelling. You didn`t spell "sentence" correctly.

Secondly, what are you talking about slander you with your nasty words calling me names. I do not honestly think what I have said about you ruined your nasty reputation. What is the deal with you talking about what I do for a living? I personally think you must have a lot of hang ups.

Let me tell you again, we are in America and I have the freedom to say what I want. So no I will not shut up!

Have a good one.
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/29/02

Helpful - you need some serious help. I hope you get it soon!

Good Day!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/29/02

What is it with you people? Don`t you get sick of trying to piss each other off? You don`t even know one another or anything. I`m pretty sure that both of you are just sitting at home, waiting, and waiting for the other to reply. If you think about it, it`s actually kinda pathetic. If one of you is an attorney, then you must be a sucky one because you have so much time to be "Helpful". And what about deedee? You seem to me to be a very angry person. If you look at it, Helpful replied first to this one, and yes, she mentioned your name, but if you would of ignored it, you would of been the bigger one. Can`t you see that she`s taunting you, purposely. It`s your own fault that you can`t control yourself, or did your fingers type by themselves? Think about it, both you sad, pathetic, probably middle-aged women that don`t have anything better to do than snap at each other. And you know i`m right
L8er
Posted by bored w/ ur shit; updated 08/29/02

You`re right, I`m very angry after she called my daughter a puta (slut) and I think you`d be too.

But, yes I agree, I`m tired of this shit too and I refuse to respond to her any longer!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/29/02

Hmmm "helpful" is a very interesting person. She would be a good candidate for psychosocial assessment. Ms. DeeDee I feel for you and respect the fact that you stand behind your daughter. No one has a right to call her any vulgar names, specially from a stranger. So, my closing remarks...DeeDee ignore "helpful" (who is not helpful at all).
Posted by Affairs; updated 11/25/02

Who are you Ms. Affairs? Are you a doctor? You have no idea what ms deedee said about a 20 year old man dating a 14 year old child that have been dating for two years. Do the math then analyze that doc.

Let see that means he met her when she was 12. YUM he was 18.
Posted by Helpful; updated 11/30/02

I think you need to go back to the original conversation...where he states he just turned 17...now! Which, when you do the math...makes him hmmm 2 years older then she... Like I`ve told you in the past, get your facts straight!
Posted by deedee; updated 12/02/02

I`m in the capacity to refer "helpful" to a friendly "psychosocial evaluation". The first step to recovery is acceptance then action. It`s your call.
Posted by Affair; updated 12/04/02