Are Sweet Sixteens Better Than Quinceaneras?

Look yall I barely decided to have a quinceanera two dayz ago. But my birthday is on the 22 on January n my mom has saved up no money for a 15 cuz she gave me an option of a 15 or a car since I was 13 and I`ve always chosen the car. I live in Texas and all my family lives in Baja-California so I can`t have any Padrinos or Madrinas for anything! Plus, a quinceanera costs $6000 and up. So she told me to have a sweet sixteen but what iz that? Iz it the same as a 15? Plus I want a 15 while or on I`m 15. DOES N*E*ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS, ANSWERS ETC. ?

IF YALL DO PLEAZZZ LEAVE A REPLY HERE!.!.!
Posted by SKYE; updated 08/29/05

Hey,
A Xv is better to me, but they are pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that in a sweet 16 you dont have the whole church ceremony. I dont know how big your party is gonna be but I am planning on having 300 guest & i dont have padrinos either & im only spending $5000
Posted by Mariposa; updated 08/29/05

Well if money is the issue, u could always just have a cheeper one by findin ways to substitute the expensicve stuff with home made or cheeper things. But since u dont have a lot of time, maybe u could have a sweet sixteen since ud have more time to prepare and plan. If the ceremonial and religious part is important to u, u can have a sweet sixteen and still have the church part. I kno sum ppl that did that. Good luck
Posted by laurita; updated 08/30/05

Isn`t a sweet sixteen 1 better than a XV?
Just kidding.....
Actually i agree, try to cut costs and have your XV (theres no reason you can`t do it on the same budget as a sweet sixteen) but i think you`re in a good spot, getting a car! i had to buy my first car. This way you can save for other things

Visit our page for more info: All You Can Beat ~ DJ at Large

Posted by E; updated 08/30/05

I`m goin through a similar problem n i jus chose da sweet sixteen da way i see it is its more time 2 save more money so its nicer n plus it gives u a whole lot of time 2 look for different things n prices. So i say go 4 da sweet 16 its practicaly da same thing.
Posted by lore; updated 08/31/05

Hey girl I am planning my sweet 15 and I am having 100 people and I am only spending 4,000 sumething here grl email me at crzycubangirl91@aol.com and i`ll help you out i know plenty of halls cheap but they really good look elegant and suff dont worry just email me back
Posted by Jeannette; updated 09/01/05