Hello To All The Mothers And The Quinceaneras

I was reading some of the posted messages.. Adn i ahev to agree wioth the one about a coming of age party...it does represent a religous event in the hispanic community.. Each piece or gift given to the quinceanera represents a symbol.. Her earrings bracelets the flowers she presents to the virgin mary her crown her necklace all iof these have a meaning..in which example... Her earrings represent that fact that hopefully she will listne to the words of god and do good in her time here.. And at the reception part the changing of shoes.. At the church she wears flat shoes because she is a little girl still and afterwards she is sat down and the father is to change the shoes to high heels adn dance with his daughter .. Its not about the party ... Its about representing to the world what a wonderful young respectful lady she ahs grown to be and that she will be continueing such a path... Ture you can have many colors nothing so traditional any more... But my daughter is going to have the traditional colors of pink and white.. Her dress will be pink because to us this represents a young respectful woman... After she gets older we iwll see her in white the day she weds ..:0) any how.. You can ahve a theme if you choose... But we will be going with the balloons and flowers and centerpieces ... So does any one know of sites that i can look at to get some ideas for decorations..?? e mail me if you know some with the addys please.. I do ahve ideas for center pieces but i need like the numbers capias and all thanks to all~irma~ quinceanera mom
Posted by irma; updated 08/10/02