Cancun Wedding

We got married in Cancun and just got back.
Wow what an experience.
It was really great and all our dreams and expectations were met and mostly exceeded.
After planning the wedding for over a year it was fantastic seeing it all come together and work out perfectly.
We first thought of booking one of the Palace Resorts but good luck had it that I found a message on one of the boards about these hotels.
And after reading more about it we decided not to go there but booked at the Hotel Azul instead. Http://www.karismahotels.com/azul/
From the minute we arrived there we were treated like royalty and couldn`t have wished for anything better.

The best however was still to come.
It was our wedding photographer Michael Maurus.
We were in contact with him and his wife Petra (who is also a Minister) for almost a year, checked out his references and emailed other couples he worked with before we hired him.
Petra was great during the planning. She helped out with advice and suggestions during this year which made my life a lot easier
When we finally met in person a few days before the wedding, both Jim and I knew instantly that we made the right decission.
We could feel immediately that Michael is a professional who takes pride in his work.
After introductions were made, we walked the grounds to choose locations for the formal shots.
He knew exactly what he was looking for in terms of backgrounds and light and explained it all to us patiently. This made us feel really
Comfortable and when the wedding day arrived it felt as if a friend would take pictures.
He and his team was there to take pictures of me getting ready, during the ceremony and at the reception.
His professional and fun style made it a real pleasure watching him work.
When we got the proof pictures a few days later, I couldn`t believe my eyes. I mean I knew that they would be good, but I have never seen
More beautiful pictures of myself or of anybody in my family.
The candids where right on target and the formal shots where just stunning.
I could rave on and on about it but if your are really interested in great photos of your wedding, contact him.
Http://cancun-wedding-photography.com/
I know that he is booked pretty solid since he can`t do the wedding of a friend of mine in November but maybe he is available for your date.

Just one more word about the Palace Resort:
Of course after being so close of booking there we wanted to check it out while we were there.
Good that we did. It just confirmed again that we made the right decision.
While we where at the resort, we got constantly hustled by timeshare sales people and in the couple of hours I think I saw two or three brides running around.
This certainly would have spoiled my wedding day.
Posted by Sarah Moir; updated 08/22/05