MY BABY`S 3RD BIRTHDAY, FIRST PARTY

My son is turning 3 and his party is exactly 1 month away. I have no idea what kids 3-5 yrs. Old like to do. My son loves balls (any sport that consists of throwing something). It will still be hot and it is outside. What should we do? What kind of games should we have. All I know is that we`re having a Sports Theme, everything else is on opinions. Thanks in advance!
Posted by KAYKAY; updated 08/10/05

If you are near Chicago - A place called "Party Pals" does awesome Character parties for kids!!!! They have all the popular characters in full size - Just like the real thing Barney, Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, Scooby Doo, Hello Kitty, Care Bear etc. The list goes on
Give them a try
708-257-2821
Posted by Melissa; updated 08/13/05

I know a caricture artist who draws and captures your likeness exceptionally well. We got caricatures from him some time ago and he captured our likeness well. We still have them for keepsakes. We laughed our hearts out. This will be nice for your 3 yr old to have framed on his wall for a lifetime. Visit his website @ www.caricaturesbyleonard.com. You can contact him @ support@caricaturesbyleonard.com. If others you know want a caricature that will be attending, just simply email him a photo, send the suggested fees, and he will get your caricatures back to you in about 5 days or less. Just another suggestion for your child`s birthday.

Charlene
Posted by charlene; updated 08/13/05

Im not sure where u are from...but in my area you can rent out a traveling petting zoo....or they can bring reptiles. Kids love hands on things so its really great!...you could also look for a clown, some are really great....puppet show is an idea also!
Posted by Laura; updated 08/27/05

No offense to the previous posts, but I feel those ideas are too over-the-top. He`s only 3 for gosh sakes! Try simple games like you would find at a carnival. The duck pond, bean bag toss, fishing game, a modified version of a cake walk, maybe even pin the tail on the donkey.

For the modified version of a cake walk, you put pieces of paper on the ground, in a circle, like stepping stones. They should all be blank except for one should have pictures of sports balls on it. For durability, you might want to put clear contact paper on the sheets. Have the kids walk in a circle on the paper to music. When the music stops, the child standing on the sheet with the sports balls on it wins a small prize (fruit snacks, goldfish etc.) Continue until all children win.
Posted by Alicia; updated 08/28/05

Haha guess thats ones own opinion. Im more than happy to go all out for my daughters birthday, she`ll be 2 in nov. And i plan on having it at the carousel since horses are her favorite animal. They only turn that age once..but like i said, thats your own opinion!
Posted by Laura; updated 08/28/05

Children`s Parties Elmo 866 333 2623 Dora Visits you 866 333 2623 Philadelphia Spider-Man Kids Party Poo Bear Power Ranger 866 333 2623

Visit our page for more info: Amazing Characters - Just For Kids!

Posted by WE HAVE DORA NJ; updated 12/01/05