WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR SWEET 16?

I am looking for a good place to have a Swwet Sixteen. I have called several locations but the main problem is they want us to cater through them and it is usually exspensive. Does anyone know a place in San Diego that has resonable rates and will let you bring in outside food instead of catering through them? Thanks in advance!
Posted by NAOMI; updated 08/09/05

Would you be interested in having your Sweet 16th birthday party taped to be on MTV`s My Super Sweet 16 ??!!!

If so please email me back

Natbeeone@hotmail.com
Natalie Bayan
Casting director
Mtv Networks
Posted by Natalie; updated 08/16/05

I don`t know if you have a lucky strike bowling alley near you, but I had my daughter`s 16th at the one in Orange at the block. If you don`t know what it is -- it is an adult type bowling alley (although they gave us the private room with 6 lanes for our use) they have large wall length plasma televisions at the end of each lane and they play all the best music. The private room usually rents for $300 per hour, but ours was not booked for that day/time (Sat. 6 p.m) so they just allowed us to use it. All minors must leave the building by 9:00 p.m. (21 and older only after that) She had a blast and the kids loved it. We were allowed to bring in our own cake and they cut it for us and gave us plates and silverware. We just ordered pizza and salad for everyone there. They only thing I had to pay for was shoe rental for everyone which totalled about $250 and the food (another $150) and the Cake ($55). Approx 30 kids attended. The best part, (for me, the mom) there was no mess and everyone had a great time. This is a very trendy night spot where we live (here in the OC) the kids felt privileged to be there and we finished the party at our house with everyone swimming. Good luck and happy birthday.

P.S. If a location doesn`t work out. Try a luau/scavenger hunt. That is what we are doing this year.
Posted by Cathi; updated 08/16/05

I have never been to San Diego, so do not know how things are out there, so these are just ideas for you., as we live in Missouri but I ran into the same problem here in planning for my daughters surprise Sweet 16. I fianally tracked down a historical house, in which we were able to rent for $100 for the day. In the case you do not have those out there, what about checking about renting a beach house for the day? Maybe a local church, VFW hall or something of the sort. Hope this helps, good luck.
Posted by Sheri; updated 09/20/05