QUINCEANERA........

HEY, WELL MY QUINCEANERA IS THIS OCTOBER AND I SAW THE TABLE DECORATIONS AND THEY ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE. DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS THAT I COULD USE AS TABLE CENTERS, OR ANY WEBSITES WHERE I CAN GET THEM AT OR MAYBE TABLE CENTERS THAT YOU HAD FOR YOU QUINCEANERA OR ONE THAT YOU ATTENDED TOO. IF YOU DO, POST A MESAGE OR E-MAIL ME AT
LITTLEGUMMYBEARS@YAHOO.COM.THANK YOU.
Posted by cylene; updated 07/19/02

I excuse for your useless mumble, jumble comments about me, since you are just 14.

But, let me tell you, you have lot of growing up to do. IN MY OPINION you do not deserve a Quinceanera. If I were one of your padrinos, I wouldn`t spend a penny on your so call $10,000 dollar party. Reading all of your messages apparently you are looking for FREE ride. You criticize, you are vulgar, and you could careless of the tradition. You just want to party and have someone else to pick up the tab, without really being worthy. How do you have the nerve to ask for help?

I think the Quinceanera you kids are looking for is just an excuse to have an elaborate party taking no account the cost that others put in. Today the tradition is fading and most of all the significant behind it all. I think parents are so eager to please and forget the long term effect. Please parents just give the kids the party, but do us old fashion people a favor do not call it a QUINCEANERA.

Helptully Tip: Quiceanera came from an old custom that originated by the Aztecs. Young boy and girls were prepared to enter adulthood and after they accomlished their goal by the age of 15 they celebrated their accomplishments by having a Quinceanera. (There is much more to Quinceanera`s than you will ever know)

Cylene, I wonder if you have accomplished anything in your 14 years of life. To me it appears you didn`t in school since you have no writing skills what so ever but when it come to vulgar language you are quite good. I feel for your parents.

Kids out there I hope you do not have the same attitude as cylene. I hope you kids could find more to this special day than a 100 padrinos to fit the bill.

Good Luck Kids.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/21/02

Don`t mention my parents all right. Anyways, it was used by the Aztecs when the boys turned 13. I know way more than you think, anyways, just drop it right here. You sauy I don`t have manners but what is a older person saying to a 14 year old?
Posted by cylene; updated 07/22/02

When I decided to have a Quince it was and still is about the tradition of it. My mom was the on blowing it out of proportion while i finally talked her down. I would also like you to know that i will not have the traditional alcohol. I dont like it and if they dont come for any other reason than the alcohol then I dont want them there any way because for them its just an excuse for a party but its really important to me.
Posted by Elena; updated 07/22/02

Miss Cylene:

First, you don`t tell me what to do.

Second, I am older than you and I am telling you "you do not have manners"

Third, you sure evaded my last message with regard to the significant of a quinceanera. It`s not what you know but if you are worthy of it. Ask yourself, as a child are you ready to enter adulthood? Do you know the meaning of the last doll? Do you know the meaning behind your crown? Do you know the reason why the event is blessed in a misa?

You asked! This is what an older person saying to a 14 year old child.

Get guidance mihija.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/28/02

Whatever, i`m tired of your nonsense.......i don`t care no more about you useles comments.......i`m not going to pay attention to them no more because the one that needs guidance is you
Posted by Cylene; updated 07/28/02

Flaka or cylene whatevr you call your ugly self

Helpful was jus tryin to help, you definitely need help. If you can`t take it than you shouldn`t dish it out.

You reeeeeally need to grow up. I think we need to ignore you g`rl.

Ya mama shouldnt let you play on the computer.
Posted by Mary; updated 07/28/02

Veronika...hey thanks...i had already seen that site and i got my ramo there..oh it`s in October 12...why..anyways i`m gald you put something good and not those stupid comments of "helpful"she`s such a hoe bag....so......they have recuerdos there????
Posted by LA FLAKA; updated 07/30/02

I was just reading over some of the messages on here and I must say that I`ve never seen such ill-mannered people in all of my exsistance. Don’t get me wrong by saying this, because honestly I don’t know what has been taking place on this message board, but I do have one question? Has the Latin culture and Spanish tradition completely been mangled and thrown away? I’m not just talking about y’ll on this board, but It seems like everyone has lost all remembrance of the way a Quince should be. It’s a time for family, and close friends to share an experience with a special young lady. It’s a showing of growing up, and taking on new responsibilities. It shouldn’t have to be expensive to be precious. A Quince is/should be one of the most important days of your life, and throughout planning it you should be able to reach into your background and be proud of who you are. If you plan on having a Quince Anos then please do it for the heritage and not for the anything else. Follow your dreams, and make the commitment to carry out a tradition and not just a party.
Posted by Crystal; updated 07/30/02

Crystal:

You are right mi hija. Me too. I don`t know what the up roar is about. But, you said the same thing that "helpful"said. People just need to get along and us latinos need to be united. La Raza needs people like you and "helpful" to take pride en los nuestro.

It`s not how much the party cost, but the unity of La Familia y el Orgullo de lo nuestro.

Ojala, that those children out there will understand.

Mamacita.
Posted by Mamacita; updated 07/30/02

La Flaka...
Yeah, i think they have recuerdos there..
Posted by Veronyka; updated 07/30/02

Helpful! You`re just jealous that us younger girls of age fifteen will have a quinceanera. Instead of making comments, go buy your self a poufy dress and dance to yourself or other hor** like you!
Posted by Alejandra; updated 11/18/02

I CAN`T UBDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN. THIS BOARD IS USED FOR POSTING YOUR MESSAGES IN REGARDS TO QUINCEANERA OR TO SHARE IDEAS ON ANY GIVEN PARTY. I CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE USED FOR FEEDBACK ON ANY HELP OR IDEAS THAT YOU MAY SHARE WITH EACH OTHER ON PARTIES AND NOT CURSING OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE JUST TRYING TO GET INFORMATION ON THEIR PARTIES. I THINK IF YOU DON`T HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THEN STAY OUT. THIS WEBSITE IS USED FOR PARTIES AND NOT FOR PUTTING EACH OTHER DOWN AND CURSING AND CARRYING ON. IF YOU DON`T HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN STAY OUT. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO READ SOMETHING NICE AND NOT ALL THIS GARBAGE. DON`T WASTE YOUR TIME COMING IN THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK LIKE YOUR TOUGH , BUT ACTUALLY YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN. PEOPLE WHEN YOU SEE THINGS THAT ARE OUT OF THE ORDINARY DON`T REPLY TO IT. THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION. THE ONLY REASON WHY I REPLIED TO IT BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF IT AND I WANTED TO GET MY POINT STRAIGHT. SO PLEASE LET`S GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE AND STOP THE NONSENE LETS US THIS MESSAGE BOARD FOR WHAT IT IS ORIGINALLY FOR.
Posted by LOST IN N.J.; updated 11/19/02

Hi I`m planning my quince anos too. My family get other centers from other quinceaneras and buy the things we need to do the same thing but different color. You can find any of the things you need in craft stores. They come out cheaper or the same price. And the way you like it.
Posted by Nereida Vences; updated 12/19/02

How about floating candles like in clear glass containers bye, Angela
Posted by Angela; updated 01/02/03

Well you know so called helpful you shouldnt critize the quinces cuz i am havin one and it aint bout havin people pay for a party its bout keepin up your traditions i am proud of my traditions and if your padres didnt want to buy you stuff they wouldnt!!!!also its bout celebrating the fact your a woman now parents throw the party cuz they are proud of you this experience only happens once in a life!!!
Posted by babygurl; updated 12/08/03

I was reading the message boards, and I was really disappointed at what was being said. I for once, really apreciate that fact that our tradition still is celebrated, but you have to remember that it is something very special. It`s not a piece of paper, it`s not something that you just forget and say "Oh well". So if you are thinking of having a XV remember that your parents and family put money, time, effort, and LOVE.
Posted by Jessica; updated 02/11/04

I am just learning about quinceanera`s in my spanish class and i think you all have a really good thing going for you!!!!!!!!!! :)
Posted by Angel; updated 05/06/04

Look I think you are just kind of a little to excited about what you are going to get as a present instead mantally. Thanx bye
Posted by Angel; updated 05/06/04