Quincinera For Foster Daughter

Help, I am wanting to plan a quincinera for my foster daughter. She is Hispanic and i`m not. Neither of us knows how or where to start. Please advise us as to where we can get help and/or information. Please ASAP
Posted by kathy; updated 07/16/02

If u have ever been to a sweet sixteen then u have been to a quincinera...it doesnt matter if u r spanish or not...depending on what area you live in there may already be some on there to help u plan this event for your foster daughter. One main thing that you must do is keep reinforing the idea of 15...14 couples and her try to have one couple that is young to represent here and then you can go any where you want...u also want to have some type of theme...CInderella...Snow White...anything she wants there are no special dances no special food because this is here day and she can plan it as she choses...(with your help of course)

Feel free to contact me by email i will love to help
Posted by the queen; updated 07/17/02

Oh my! You are very lucky. You as a mother will learn many new things about the hispanic culture and your daughter will also feel a sense of orgullo (pride) of what she is.

I think you would benefit finding a party consultant who focuses on the traditions and can give you the whole scoop. I personnally think both of you will be sharing a memorable event and bond both of you for life.

To start there are so many factors. Are you or your child catholics? This is important only if you plan to make this a religous occasions as well.

Do you and/or daughter want a traditional fiesta or modern?

In your city are there hispanics that are willing to help? We hispanics are proud people, and some of us may not be as helpful especially you being anglo. But under the circumstances you might find someone who is willing to open up.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/21/02

Hi ,

May I ask where you are located? I am a special event coordinator and a Floral Designer and I am latina. I specialize in tayloring your decorations ideas from floral themes to whatever you choose.

If possible I would love to help out, what a wonderful idea, this will truly be a special occassion for this young lady.
Posted by Silvia; updated 08/11/02

Hi

Not sure if you celebrated her quince, however you might be interested in a quincenera cruise with Carnival or Royal Caribbean....I am having my daughters on July 12, 2003....

You can contact Happy Holiday Travel in Miami
-oll free number is 800-547-7520 and ask for Lourdes Balado...She is really nice and your daughter will have a great time...It is a 7 day cruise...

Best of luck if you any question feel to e-mail me and I will respond...
Posted by Elsa; updated 09/28/02

First of all is your foster daughter Mexican-American, is she Puerto Rican or...? I ask this because depending upon her nationality of origin there are different traditions. Then you can check on the Internet for traditions for her nationality for quincenearas.

Then decide how many guests will be invited then you can decide whether you want to have it at your home or at a different location.

You can e-mail me and I can give you some additional information.
Posted by Silvia; updated 09/28/02