STOP TRIPPING ABOUT QUINCEANERA THEMES

HEY, I`M TIRED OF EVERYONE LOOKING FOR A THEME. THAT`S REALLY TOTALY USELESS, THEY`RE ONLY FOR SWEET 16`s. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO FOR A QUINCEANERA IS PICK THE COLORS YOU LIKE AND THAT`S IT. ALL THE CINDERELLA, PRECIOUS MOMENTS.....ECT..ITS A WASTE OF TIME, JUST GET THE PARTY FAVORS AND DECORATIONS THE WAY YOU WANT THEM. DAMN YOU GUYS TRIP TO MUCH.
Posted by anonymous; updated 07/08/02

There are some people that would like a theme to make the day more special for them. Please allow them that. They are simply asking for ideas and suggestions. Now, if you would like yours tacky and meaningless, that is your perogative. So back off and you stop "tripping".
Posted by Anna; updated 10/17/02

If anyone wants a theme for their quinceanera I don`t blame them. A quinceanera is a special time for a girl and they want to make it memorable. As long as they are wasting all that money on the party they should mine as well make it how they want it and beautiful.
Posted by Maria; updated 10/28/02

What is a Quinceanera
A Quinceanera is a celebration of a girls fifteenth birthday.It is a special occasion because it is when a girl becomes a woman. Hispanic girls all over the world celebrate this occasion. The difference between a Quinceanera and any other birthday party is that it is fancier and you invite more people. The first thing you do is go to church the day of your Quinceanera. You invite your closest relatives like aunts, uncles, parents,godparents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, cousin, and close friends. The priest talks to you about becoming a woman. Once the spiritual ceremony is over you move on to the social part of the Quinceanera. At this time your many invited guests come to celebrate your becoming a woman. This is where you celebrate by having a band play live music and dance all night.
Posted by Susan; updated 04/12/03

When one enters womanhood she should guard her tongue. Sometimes sweetness can get a piont across to someone rather than name calling and it usually shuts the other person up faster
Posted by ada; updated 04/13/03

Well i guess i agree whit you my quince is not until may and im not worry about any theme im just going whit two colors why even worry about themes they did not do that back then why worry now but i guess some people just want theme so its their party why tell them what to do
Posted by ******; updated 04/13/03

U are so right why do girls need a theme who cares the main things are the colors and the traditions that you keep there, Quinceneara are for hispanic gurls only white gurls do themes and stuff its not a prom and most of the peopl there wont even notice that you had a " theme" trust me on this one they wont .... Focus on the dancing and all the traditions worry about that later.
Posted by erica; updated 04/14/03

My theme is Cinderella and I had no problem finding things. Plus I chose a theme because I think it`s tacky to have some things roses and hearts and butterflies. To me it just doesn`t combine. But I`m not saying that ppl that don`t have themes are tacky. But also if you get a theme it`s ok. It depends on the person. So if you have a theme ok, if not okay too.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 04/24/03

I completly agree...
All you have to know if your party is goin to be formal or dress down.
Some people dont like to dress according to ur theme
Just say dress up and let the people go to ur party and have fun
Posted by Diana; updated 05/28/03

"My theme is Cinderella and I had no problem finding things. Plus I chose a theme because I think it`s tacky to have some things roses and hearts and butterflies. To me it just doesn`t combine. But I`m not saying that ppl that don`t have themes are tacky. But also if you get a theme it`s ok. It depends on the person. So if you have a theme ok, if not okay too."
Everything of mine is going to be pink and roses, but mainly pink. I hate it when other people critizise others ideas. Why don`t you all just shut up and worry about your own darn Quinceanera! Its not like your gonna be invited to mine or anyone elses. Thats why I`m not coming on here anymore cuz all you gals do is fight about stupid things. Peace-out.
Posted by Ana; updated 07/02/03

We come on to help ppl, if you don`t want our freaking help then don`t come here. Shoot, nobody is even asking you to invite them so shut up Ana.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 07/02/03

"We come on to help ppl, if you don`t want our freaking help then don`t come here. Shoot, nobody is even asking you to invite them so shut up Ana."

She had a very good point, Im leavin` this place too. All you guys really do up on here is fight. So why don`t you shut up. Last time I checked, puting people down and fighting is not help. And you told her not to come here? I thought she already said she was leavin`.
Posted by Kelly; updated 07/02/03

Okay go away!
Posted by Jennifer; updated 07/05/03

I hear what your saying! Quinceanera is a Mexican tradition something that has come down from generation to generation. And to start doing all those Mickey mouse, Cinderella, Precious Moments themes is SO not right. Keep the tradition the way it is. Pick your colors, your chambelanes/damas, recuerdos, dresses and keep it to what it is... A Quinceanera! And leave Themes for Halloween.
Posted by n/a; updated 07/16/03

I think that the people that come on this message board to just insult people`s ideas are being very disrespectful and obviously have nothing better to do with their miserable lives. Let`s continue to support each other`s ideas and suggestions about each other`s Quinceanera. In San Antonio, TX where I live there is a lady who holds a Quinceanera convention twice a year and they are really good. There are lots of vendors and booths and they even have a fashion show and they give out goodie bags. It was awesome. Anyone interested should go to www.quinceanera-event.com to get more information. They also sell a planning cd to track expenses and anything else you can think of. I bought one and it`s great. My daughter is having a quinceanera next year and it will Cinderella theme and I have alot of ideas that I got from the convention. Good Luck to everyone who is planning a Quinceanera.
Posted by Parent; updated 07/17/03

PEOPLE!!!

U can totally have theme, technically is using a special color kinda considered a theme ... Yeah... So everyone has a theme with your against it or not... And on that same note you`re buying a bunch of stuff that says Quinceanera or Mis Quince Anos or Sweet fifteen ...whatever, So in reality the Cinderella`s or Precious Moments isn`t ts all the same as certain colors or only certain colored flowers,,, No one is breaking a quinceanera tradition by going with some pimp out cinderella look, they still got a special color and a special kinda flower, any way, it`s the same thing as you`re doing so god forbid if the invitations have cinderella , and the requerdos are carriges, how much different is that from yours???

If i was to go to a quinceanera where it was considered as alot of you say not to have a theme...just like the color lilac, and then i went to a cinderella quinceanera where the colors were blue, u know what i would think, i went to too totally normal quinceanera`s one`s color was lilac, the other ones was blue, not oh my gosh the party that had cinderella to it was breaking a tradition, in reality the cinderella theme is just another decoration added to the party. The queceanera with lilac probly had a bunch of roses everywhere, or glitter on all the decorations, i`m not gonna be all like "they had a glitter theme, waz up with that, they`re a bad little quinceanera, they broke tradition...Themes are not against tradition, there freaking decorations okay!!!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/17/03

So you c, all quinceanera`s have a certain color, some have roses as another detail or some have a cinderella "theme"

Some are classifyed as having a "theme" and some aren`t

It`s all the same quinceanera with a color and a special detail whether it be lilacs or cinderella,

IT;S ALLL THE SAMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!

Precious moments and Cinderella do too apply at a quinceanera and not just weddings:

Pecious MomentS- I am enjoying this moment in time, or i`ve had a good time as a young girl but i`m moving on and growing up, im celebrating god letting me live 15 years!

Cinderella- wears a tiara, and you wear a tiara because your a princess in gods eyes, and cinderella is infact a what??? A ...could it be a PRINCESS!!! Duh!!!
IT`S not just a love/ wedding story!!!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/17/03

LoL...you`re funny Johanna. Good job putting people in their place.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/17/03

Thank you!!!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/18/03

I think that all you young ladies need to grow up supposidly ya are turning fifteen and it is suppose to symbolize womanhood. Well these petty little arguments are not traditional of women. If this is the generation that is coming into womanhood then I feel sorry for society. I truly believe that a quincenera is a special time for a young lady and this is the ONLY time you can do it up right... DO it UP RIGHT girl and get anything and everything for this is the ONE and ONLY time this will happen.Those of you how smack everyone elses ideas shouldn`t even comment its childish and retarded. But IF you chose to comment then do so. Its you rep not mine. But my advise to you (your choice to take it however you want) IS enjoy this time you have and Make it special. No EVERYONE gets this chance to celebrate this ROYALLY!
Peace, and LOVE
Posted by Bibi; updated 07/29/03

Who cares??? let some1 pick wutever they want...ITS THEIR DAY! mai friend has 1 and she had lyk a flower theme where the grls had all green dresses, u no lyk a stem of a flower, and she had a pink dress lyk a rose so when they lined up it looked lyk a flower. It waz KOOL!
~LolZ
Ps. U guys are really trivial ppl to b argueing over this >_
Posted by lyndsey>_<; updated 07/30/03

For people like Erica who was saying that themes are for white girlz........you don`t sound very mature instead of coming on here to put people down you should be giving advise. I am having a theme for my quince and some of my friends are not. All a theme really does is organize your quince into one idea. Saying that it is for white girls is immature and racist please stop.
Posted by Cindy; updated 08/13/03

WHY THE HECK DO YOU CARE IF SOMEONE WANTS A THEME FOR A QUINCEANERA . IT AIN`T NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS IF YOU DON`T WANT TO HELP THEM THEN O WELL SOMEONE ELSE WILL.SO SHUT UP AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO BRAG ABOUT.
Posted by MOUSIE; updated 08/13/03