Help! I Need Some Ideas

Hey, My name is sammie and my birthday is July 27th! i am turning 12 years old. My sis, Ashley came up with the idea to have a scavenger hunt at the mall! i have no clue what to do. Please HELP me and give me some ideas for what to do and how to do it! e-mail me- anyone -- bornkrazy411@aol.com (p.s) - my b-day party is july 27th and we r doin the scavengerhunt on thursday -- The day after- July 28th- 2005
Posted by Sammie; updated 07/14/05

I know it is too late for you this time but maybe you can still do this next year for your big 13th??

What we did for our scavenger hunt was:

1. Divide your guest into teams of no more than 5 or 6.
2. We bought Poloroid Instant cameras (cameras and film cost a little bit) for each team (camera phones work well too when on a budget)
3. We had a small furby (stuff toy) for each team as a mascott. (pick something that will look goofey in photos and will show up - not too dark)
4. Type up a list of about 40 - 50 items and actions that are somewhat difficult to find or do (ballet shoes, horse, escalator, christmas tree, sizzors, tent, all your team members eating a hot dog, 2 of your team kissing a baby, etc) Do enough so that they have something to pick from, not all items will be found. We set bonus points for about 3 really difficult items)
Allow for imagination........what one team does for an item such as a horse may be a real one and another team may find a toy one.....both should be acceptable in the photos!
5. Set the rules:
The rules are, you have to find the item on the list and take a picture of it for proof. The hard part is that the Furby (mascot) and all team members except the person taking the picture have to be included in the same photo with the item from the list. The same person can not take all the pictures. You can also give extra points for a picture when all team members are included in the photo.

Set a start and finish time (about 3 hours). When all is over, everyone can meet back at the start place and head back to your house to add up points and compare pictures. You can have a prize for the team that locates the most items on the list.

Serve pizza and snacks while viewing pictures!

The adult version of this is two teams divided into two limos and searching all over town for the items and not just in a mall. We did this for 3 hours on each limo and even our drivers got into the fun.
Posted by Judith; updated 08/13/05