Planning A Quinceanera

I`m in the process of planning my daughters quinceaneara. I don`t even know where to start. I`m not real traditional but my daughter heard by mother discussing a quinceanera she went to in Mexico and her little face lit up. She`s 12 1/2 and I know I still have plenty of time but I`m a planner for everything. How much do these things cost? My husband and I offered her a car or a trip to Europe and she was adamant she wanted the quinceanera. Help. I`ve seen so many different traditions that I`m not sure which are true or simply done to make it more exciting. I want it to have meaning to her. I understand the religious side of it but the celebration after is a mystery to me.
Posted by Yvonne; updated 07/13/05

Hi Yvonne

Start by making a list of your daughther`s likes and dislikes. As for traditions, there is usually a waltz done at the beginning w/ all the cadetes y damas. As for invitations and decoration ideas go to http://www.unikkreationz.cceasy.com and type in Quinceañera in the search box it should bring up an assortment of invitations. The party usually has a themed either Cinderella, Precious Moments etc.

Any questions, let me know

Annette
Http://www.unikkreationz.com
Posted by Annette; updated 07/14/05

We at Creative Invitations/Party Favors are here to make your next party “one to remember”. We now carry a complete line of special “party theme” from invitations to the favors to the centerpiece. Everything you need to dress-up your next event.

Visit us on line www.creativepartyfavors.net

Visit our page for more info: Creative Invitations & Party Favors

Posted by Beatrice Ugan; updated 07/14/05

I am in the process of planning my XV & I have recently decided that I am only going to do the reception part because my family is made up of so many different religious backgrounds. I started making list when I was around your daughters age & I have changed it all. The best thing that you can do now is take her to as many XVs that you can so that she can get an idea of how she will want hers. The most that I have ever heard that someone has spent on a XV was 20,000 but I am only spending 5,000. As long as she knows what she wants then you will have no problem making her day special. If you have anymore questions let me know.
Xx_TristeMariposa_xX@yahoo.com
Posted by Mariposa; updated 07/14/05