I Want A Quinceanera But I Feel Selfish Asking For One

Hey girls,
Im a 14 yr old mexican girl and i realy, realy want a quinceanera. I`ve never been to one but i`ve heard tons about the one`s my family in mexico has had. My parents dont know i want one. We dont have a lot money so i feel selfish asking for one. I dont have any hispanic friends to help me out with this. Most of my friends barely know what a quinceanera is. If i do have a quinceanera it would be in mexico because i want my family to be there they dont have much money either. I dont know what to do or how im supposed ask for one. Should i just not ask `cus its selfish. Please help me. I would realy apreciate it.

Thank you,
Laurita
Posted by laurita; updated 07/05/05

Hey i think every gurl should have a 15th even if its simple. I dont think its selfish asking 4 one i mean if i was u i would so regret not having one. Tell ur parents u know they dont have alot of money but its ur dream to have one. I mean if its in mexico u could do it at a family members house thats what we did 4 some of my cousins that way they can help cook and just get family and friends 2 help pay for a grupo if that is not possible a dj. And 4 ur dress jus get a really pretty going out dress or something oh and a crown. Hope i helped : )
Posted by lore; updated 07/05/05

I think you should ask for one because its a great experience that no girl should miss out on. You can just plan a simple quince. It doesn`t have to be all fancy.
Posted by ana; updated 07/06/05

Any more comments welcomed. Please, i need some more advice. Id apreciate it. Thanks.
Posted by laurita; updated 07/11/05

Did your mother have one? Or one of your aunts? Maybe you should ask about it like, "Hey, mom? What is a Quinceanera like?" Maybe she`ll start to tell you and then you start telling her, "Wow! Really!" "I really would like that". That`s how you can drop the dime on that.. I think? Visit me here at www.my15birthday.com
Posted by Patty; updated 07/11/05