Quinceneara Themes

I`m interested in getting some ideas for quinceneara themes. My first daughter will be having hers in August 2004 and I want to start planning now.

Please give me any ideas you may have. Thx

EI - San Antonio
Posted by Evelia; updated 06/19/02

Hey, My quincesare in November of 2002 My them is going to be Cinderella looki you look fo a coordinator she can help you My coordinator made a book her name is esthersita andher books name is pretty party by estersita and she realy helps aot se tells you a sggestion of everything like valses, themes,songs and helps you plan it. I`ve amost gt everytin ready I gt y dj from power 96 my banquehall witch is Princess Starlight my theme of cinderella my 14 people to walk in it and by going to the fshion show I evn got 100 dollars off for when I o take the pictures so you should try and find plces to go I wet and they giveyoualot of options even a cruise. And well all I need is a dress
Posted by Elaine; updated 06/24/02

Look up the Party Vendors under Q, she resides in Dallas but she might help out.
Posted by unknown; updated 07/02/02

Dear Evelia and Moms out there.

You are smart to start ahead and I agree with the girl that responded (to be honest I could hardly understand her writing) and is correct about one thing and that is to get a coordinator/party planner and/or consultant. This person can do wonders. They give you great ideas, they show you the order of things, they work with mom and daughter to express their ideas, and also free mom to enjoy these precious moments with their daugter. There is a fee, but worh every penny to eliminate headaches. I think the problem you might have is looking for one that specializes in Quinces. This person should understand the tradition and familiar with the types of party and themes that are popular. Good luck! By the way look in the Party Vendors under coordinator on this website.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/06/02

Hi
My quinceanera(that`s how it`s spelled)is next year. The tradition is to really give god thanks for life by doing this at a mass . Then there`s the party . I don`t think that coordinators are much useful because they just get your money when you can do it yourself and save money plus have a lot of fun. You will need maids of honor (damas) and (chambelanes) the guys to accompany the maids and one main guy for your daughter to dance the waltz. You need to get a hall to hold the reception (sorry too for the writing im in a hurry at least not like the other girl.)bye
Posted by useful; tips; updated 10/13/02

Miss useful tips;

Don`t get me wrong, yes it is fun to do a quince. But there is so much more than just getting damas and chambelans and dance hall. You just being a child, you have no idea of "details" that make such an event successful. The money you spend can be a waist if things are not planned well. I have gone to several quinceaneras where all they did was eat and get drunk.

Once, I went to a quinceanera that my daughter was a part of (a dama) for a girlfriend. Her girlfriend had my daughter go to a couple of rehearsals for the waltz and dance, then the day of the party the whole dance was atotal flop. But guess what? the event was a complete success(according to the girlfriend) because the band was Pete Astudillo and the hall was full of drunken and disorderly people. This is not what you call a "Quinceanera".

I guess it`s what you make it. If you parents out there are working people sometimes it is hard to find the time to coordinate a big party much less to enjoy it with your family and friends.

JUST FYI!
Posted by Helpful; updated 10/23/02

My quinceanera is in august `04 and my mom wants me to start planning now but the main thing i cant decide on is the color of the damas dresses most of my friends are going to have a baby blue quince dress with a different blue for the damas but i want mine to be traditional and my dress is going to be light pink what color should i choose for my damas with out making it look like a easter basket???help

Melissa
Posted by melissa; updated 05/11/03

I`m planning my daughters Quinceneara now. It`s set for October 2003. First of all you need to make a list of everything that is needed then you have to prioritize it by what`s most important. You first have to choose the date, make sure the church and the hall are available for the same date. I think Saturdays are 10 x`s easier than choosing a Friday. Many banquet halls have party packages available, depending in what city you have it in. I`m very fortunate to live real close to the mexican border so I will be able to have a very nice traditional quinceneara party without all the exagerated costs here in the U.S. Plus in Tijuana I don`t have to explain over and over what a Quinceneara is, and no it`s nothing like a Sweet 16. If you would like more tips and ideas feel free to email me directly. I`m used to planning these things. In my family we have one just about every 3-5 months. Infact I just went to my nieces 2 days ago.
Nlmarroquin@sprintpcs.com
Ps: I really disagree with hiring a planner. The whole tradition of a quinceneara is planning it with your daughter and all of her madrinas and padrinos.
Remember this goes back to the axtec indians back to the 1800`s so that the parents could have a coming out party for their daughter letting everyone know she is leaving behing her infancy and now becoming a young women.
Posted by Norma; updated 05/26/03

I am having my Quinceanera in March of 2004.
I need some opinions on what color I should have.
My mom wants only Chambelanes, she says that I would stand out more that way, is this okay?
How many guys should I have?
HELP!
Posted by Eliana; updated 07/17/03

You could have only chambelanes but the less...better. My friend is having 8(well 9 w/hers) guys but if it were me I would only get like 4. There`s less people to look at and more vision time for you.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/18/03

That`s about the number of guys I thought I should get, only about 8.

Well, I also would appreciate it if anyone knew some good websites on dresses.

Also, any good songs.

I would really it appreciate

Thank u!
Posted by Eliana; updated 07/18/03

Alejandro

Myne`s in 8 dayz and my cuzin is the one planning it, and i can tell she`s stressed from it, i hope everything turns out okay and i want her, and everyone else to know how thank ful i am how should i say it? i mean there already getting thank you cards at the party but i wan`t them to reallly know i appreciate it... Big time,,, whats another way of say thankis????
Besides just, thank ya, or what ever!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/18/03

I NEED SONG SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Eliana; updated 07/31/03

I think that the best way to say thanks is to behave during and after the party. And also, being a good senorita, respectful, and obedient, educated and hard worker is also a good way of saying thanks for all the effort your family put during the orgainzation of your party.
God Bless you and your family
Alejandro Cano
Posted by Alejandro; updated 07/31/03

For song suggestions check this page, www.csupomona.edu/~acano/web/QUINCEANERAS.htm
You have to type it with capital and lower letters. Also if you live in southern california and you need a dance instructor it might help you. If you know someone who needs a dance instructor, pasa la voz.
Later
Alejandro Cano
Posted by Alejandro; updated 07/31/03

Cinderella!!!!!!!!!its the best
Posted by VANNY; updated 08/01/03

My daughter is having a quincearnera in Oct 2003 and she was not planning on having a theme I mean do u have to or is it ok not to she also choose not to have anyone in her quince she is wearing a lt pink dress because she wants to save white for her wedding. She said this is HER day to celebrate her new life with God ,Family, & Friends r we doing everything ok or what do u guy`s suggest.
Thanks
Posted by Grace; updated 08/02/03

Hi,
I`m having a Quinceneara for my daughter in February. She will be wearing Pink and the girls in blue. We`ve selected 8 chambalanes and 7 damas (15) to do the waltz with my daughter. The song we picked for my daughter`s dance is the theme from Ice Castles. Great song....she is 1/2 Irish and Italian so we will be doing both English and Spanish songs. And of course the Mariachi`s!
Posted by Lidia; updated 09/26/03

EVELIA,

Well some great themes you can use could be Cinderella, sleeping beauty, butterflies, dolls, fairies, etc.
Posted by ELIZABETH; updated 09/26/03

Where are you from?
Posted by Maria; updated 09/27/03

Maria,

Were you asking Evelia or me?
Posted by ELIZABETH; updated 09/27/03