Maggie Sottero Wedding Gown Cost???

I have seen a Maggie Sottero wedding gown i fell in love with. I am wondering, has anyone had a Sottero gown, did you enjoy the gown? But i really need to know a price range. I have looked at all the websites carrying her gowns but cannot find a price. If anyone has any infomation please let me know. My wedding is next summer and i need to know how much to save!!!! thank you!
Posted by special; updated 06/18/02

I got a Maggie dress for my upcoming wedding in January. (My dress is named Janet.) I got a really awesome deal on my gown from a shop in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have seen my gown in other shops for $840. I paid $650 (including tax) for my gown. I would definitely recommend a Maggie gown. They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
Posted by April; updated 06/19/02

I`m getting married this August and I bought a Maggie dress. It cost me a little over $700 and is worth EVERY penny.
Posted by Danielle; updated 06/23/02

I am getting married in November and I saw the gowns online too. I bought my dress for $800. It was originally $1300 but there are lots of store that will give you a good price. My dress is everythin I dreamed and I would have paid $1300 for it if I had to. My mom started crying when I tried it on and every Maggie dress that I tried on made me look great.

P.S. Maggie Sottero has been rated the number 1 wedding dress company in the world for the last 2 or 3 years.
Posted by Kelsy; updated 06/23/02

I got the Julia dress out of the 2002 collection for 350 off the floor!! It was a store closing sale and everything had to go as is.

I was sure I would have to spend 2k or more for a dress but this one was as nice as a Vera Wang for 2900! I loved the fit, fabric and the coinstruction was excellent!

I am getting married in December so I needed a gown quick - guess I totally lucked out- I am still in shock!

Good luck I hope you can find a deal too!
Posted by andrea, WA; updated 08/15/02

Hi-
I know where you can get a good deal on your Maggie gown. If you purchase through Becky`s Bridal, her website is http://pages.ivillage.com/beckysbridal She can save you up to 40% off of the retail price. All you have to do is email her the manufacturer and the style# and she will give you a price quote on the dress. It`s that easy! Hope that helps! Keep us posted on your wedding plans!
Posted by Robin; updated 08/23/02

HI THERE.....I HAVE PRICED ALMOST EVERY GOWN YOU CAN THINK OF....IF YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF THE GOWN INTO THE BRIDAL STORE WITH YOU MOST OF THE TIME YOU CAN GET THE EXACT SAME DRESS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO IT FOR REALLY CHEAP......MAGGIE DRESSES ARE KINDA EXSPENSIVE BUT IT IS TOTALLY BASED ON WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD.....I PICKED OUT AT MAGGIE DRESS BUT THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAD THEM IN MY AREA WAS ABOUT 6 HOURS AWAY SO I WENT TO A LOCAL BRIDAL STORE AND THEY SAID THEY HAD A DRESS ALMOST EXACTLLY LIKE IT.....THE MAGGIE DRESS WAS 753.00......THE DRESS THAT THEY HAD WAS ALMOST IDENTICAL BUT BY SOMEONE ELSE AND IT ONLY COST RIGHT AT 400.OO.........SO SHOP AROUND....YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME.......GOOD LUCK......IF YOU LIVE IN LOUISIANA EMAIL ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE NAME AND LOCATION OF THE PLACE I`M TALKING ABOUT........
Posted by ALYSSIA; updated 08/29/02

Thanks for your advice everyone. I got the Maggie dress i wanted. I live near chicago so i went to a shop there. I got the dress for 720.00. I love it!!!!
Posted by special; updated 08/29/02

Well, I have a Maggie too, the Davina Marie.I looove the corset back and how it sucks many inches off of you,and is very quality made.I tried on the fake version and it just wasn`t the same.You can get the Julie for very cheap at most places, and some other ones but some are more expensive,just depends on what you want.If you want to buy online you can get way cheaper on most dresses,mine was only $100 cheaper at one online place so I figured for only that small difference I would just rather deal with this shop and she gave me more off anyway.But if it was major saving maybe I would go online,but also I know some people don`t live in major city like me and have access to sooo many shops.But there are so many,try www.bridalbargainsbook.com for really good info or www.bridalgown.com for dress quotes and there you can find info on the best online dress sellers and stuff.
Like there is www.
Rkbridal.com
Pearlsplace.com
Bridesave.com which shows most prices
Bridalmarketplace.com
Netbride.com
Gownsonline.com
Weddingexpressions.com

And try ultimatewedding.com
There is such a wealth of info on there for everything you need, and under gowns and attire...there is even a Maggie Sottero thread.You can see pics and stuff there which I love.
Posted by Q; updated 08/30/02

Most of the Maggie`s range from 800 - 1300.
What is the name of the dress? The one that I want is the Christanna (not on website -fall 2002) and it is 685.

Let me know - if I can help. I will try to give you the websites that have quoted me.
Posted by Nikki; updated 10/02/02

My maggie gown is $1150 in a bridal salon, but at pearlsplace.com it`s only $838. It`s the maggie marceillas in ruby and ivory. :)
Posted by a.; updated 10/02/02

I have tried on quite a few of her dresses for my wedding next year and decided to buy one! The prices ranged from around £750 to £1500 depending on the detail.
Posted by Nic; updated 10/15/02

I got the Davina Marie by Maggie Sottero....because I tried on soo many and even the fake version of the Davina Marie but ....it just didn`t fit the same.My dress has the corset and it sucks so many inches off of me and flattens my stomach.I looovee it.Can`t wait to knock his socks off! I hope you all have blessed weddings and marriages!
Posted by Q; updated 10/15/02

I went looking for wedding dresses for the 1st on Saturday. I found 2 that I really like and one was a Maggie Sottero one. Still deciding which. I am in the UK and the dress was £1245 which seems a lot of money. Not had much to compare with though.
Posted by Yvette; updated 10/16/02

Thanks everyone!! I did get my Maggie gown for $720! I absolutely LOVE it!!! Mine is the Cassandra! thanks for all your advice! special
Posted by special; updated 10/17/02

I got my Maggie Sottero dress from Jinny`s Bridal in Huntington Beach, CA. It cost me $530 with tax and everything. The great thing about this designer is that the dresses fit perfectly, there is virtually no altering since most of them are tie back (mine is) and I don`t have to buy a bustier/bra. I love mine!!
Posted by Salina; updated 10/27/02

I have a Maggie Sottero dress, absolutely gorgeous and will sell you a Maggie dress, for $650 U.S. It`s retail price is $1600 but I am willing to sell it at $650. Don`t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to look the best and still pay a fraction of what you would normally pay anywhere else. Send me an e-mail at Oghiaph@hotmail.com and we can chat some more.
Posted by Phil; updated 10/30/02

Check out ebay there is a lot of maggie dresses there at a fraction of the cost.
Posted by Jeanna; updated 11/14/02

Yes mine is actually on Ebay as well for a fraction of the cost. The price was even lowered this time!! Great offer...Just search under "Maggie Sottero wedding dress" and you will find it.
Thanks!!
Posted by Phil; updated 11/15/02

Just to let you know i also loved one of maggie sotteros gowns which was the davina and i found a replica by another designer alfred angelo and its the same dress and cheaper ..so get a pic of one of the dresses you want from her and bring it in to a bridal shop and see what they can do for you ..My dress is 500 dollars through NEEDLEMANS IN ST ALBANS VT
Posted by WENDY; updated 11/19/02

Hi everyone,
I was married one month ago and was dressed in Maggie Sottero`s "Chantelle". The gown was, and still is, breathtaking and everyone who has seen the gown agrees. The elation of knowing you look beautiful on your wedding day is the only way to feel, and I reccommend a Maggie Sottero gown to anybody. I paid $1700 Australian dollars for the gown and it was worth every cent!!
Posted by Cassandra; updated 11/20/02

I wore one and loved it!! It was beautiful, comfortable and very reasonable in cost. I am going to sell it if you are interested in buying one second hand to save even more money!
Posted by Christine; updated 12/12/02

I am getting married in February in a Maggie dress, the Crystal New York. I live in Alaska, where selections (of anything!) are limited, but was in Portland in September where I hit about eight or nine bridal shops and was able to try on TONS of dresses. The shop where I found this one wanted over $800 for it, so I came home, searched online, and found it for much cheaper (I know they say don`t buy online, use a local retail bridal shop, where you can get the service as well as the product, but this happened to work out for me). A store in Minnesota had the Crystal NY in my size as their floor model, so I got it for $580 AND in less than a week (Maggie Sottero was quoting an up-to-three-month wait)!!! It is flawless, spotless, and incredibly beautiful.
All my life I`ve said I`m NEVER wearing a strapless dress at my wedding, as I`m pretty bust-y...but I`d never tried on a Maggie! How can something be so comfortable and fit so incredibly and yet make you so gorgeous, all at the same time! I can`t say enough about this dress... I just look at it hanging in the closet and think, "I get to wear that??? It`s really going to be me in it???" Because it`s so sparkly and elegant and simply beautiful. I kinda feel like I`m part of an elite Maggie-wearer club now... Good luck fellow members!
Posted by Charity; updated 12/20/02

Okay so I know that I want a M. Sottero dress, but I can`t make up my mind between two. My bridesmaids are going to be in a charcoal silver and the sping flowers are going to be deep rose in color. So my two options are (at the moment) Jewel and Chantelle. I`m an size 6 in normal clothes and 5`4`-5`6"(heels). What would look better?
PS. Outdoor Evening Garden Wedding.
Stressed,
Traci
Posted by traci; updated 01/02/03

Traci,
What two Maggie`s are you considering? I just went yesterday to try on the Munroe, but wasn`t thrilled with it on me. Then I tried on the Nikki and fell in love with it. For a very basic dress, it was so stunning and flattering on. I have one more dress to consider (I`m waiting for it to come in), and if it doesn`t move me, then the MS Nikki will be the one. If anyone is concerned about price, check out the Bridal Originals line. They`re pretty reasonable.
-Becky
Posted by Becky; updated 01/03/03

Woops, sorry Traci. If I read a little further I would have seen the two dress styles you are interested in. I couldn`t find a picture of the Chantelle but the Jewel is beautiful, and with the description of the wedding party I think it would go very nice. Good luck.
-Becky
Posted by Becky; updated 01/03/03

I found someone that buys Maggie gowns in such a large quantity that she gives awesome deals. She quoted my dress at 500 and everywhere else it was 800+. I ironically found her on the internet, however she lives near me and I will arrange to pick it up.

So if your dying for a deal on a Maggie dress I can get a quote, and if everything goes okay I will post her email with permission.
Posted by traci; updated 01/05/03

I NEED THE CHANTELLE DRESS
I love that dress and am looking to by it from a previous bride as I just can`t afford to budget the cost of a brand new dress (wish I could.sighhhhh)
I saw a maggie dress a few years ago and decided there was no way I would get married in another dress. I love almost all he dresses but my most favorite is indeed "chantelle"

Let me know if anyone has the dress in a size 10 and will part with it.

Thank you so much
Faye
Posted by faye; updated 01/14/03

Hi Traci! I bought a gown online and I like it, but i tried on the monroe and it looked the best on me of the two. Can i have her email so i can get a quote from her?

Marilisse1@aol.com
Posted by mari; updated 01/14/03

CHANTELLE design:
Oops, I ws so eager to get the message out, i did not include an address. If anyone has the chantelle dress size 10-12 and is willing to part with it, please let me know. Youd be making a gal on a very tight budget very happy :)
Thanks all
Faye
Fm@torontomail.com
Posted by faye; updated 01/16/03

CHANTELLE design:
Oops, I ws so eager to get the message out, i did not include an address. If anyone has the chantelle dress size 10-12 and is willing to part with it, please let me know. Youd be making a gal on a very tight budget very happy :)
Thanks all
Faye
Email: fm@torontomail.com
Posted by faye; updated 01/16/03

My daughter just purchaced a Maggie, and the cost ranges were between 500 to 1000 dollars; Beautiful gown for the price
Posted by alicia; updated 01/19/03

Emma

I am about to buy a dress through angeldust creations, yours turned up ok?? I am a little concerned because I am in Australia but she has offered me the Sarchi with shoes and veil and garter for $620 US inc postage to Australia, just wanting to make sure it is not too good to be true!!
Vicki
Posted by Vicki; updated 01/20/03

Hey,
I found a chantelle on ebay and it ws going for 100 bucks & I`m pretty sure that it didn`t sell so if some wants one size 12 or 14. I`m pretty sure that I can find it. Ebay is how I found all my connects most people on there selling new dresses have shops & need to get rid of them. I will find chantelle if the people that want it email me. Tracilee@copper.net
PS. The knot is an awsome place to chat heres the link: www.theknot.com/
There`s a few Sottero`s there for sale (do a search in the chat rooms for Sottero (I`m perfectpear)).
Another good spot is www.2become1weddings.com look under classified.
& finally if you can`t find certain dress email me I`ll help you I think I`ve seen almost every maggie for a better price.
Posted by traci; updated 01/20/03

The maggie dealer seemed to be that bate and switch kind she quoted low only on the dresses that I didn`t want. Well anyways heres the Sottero off of ebay that didn`t sell:
Http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2606611060&category=15723
If you contact the seller I`m sure she`ll give it for cheap considering not one person bid on it. I think that you have to have an ebay account to "ask seller a question" & I strongly recommed using paypal to eliminate a rip-off.
Posted by traci; updated 01/20/03

Hi, everyone!

I just tried on some dresses today. I really liked Maggie Sottero`s Christiana. The price seemed steep compared to those you mentioned below. Can anyone help me find it somewhere else for less that $1,000? I am in the Orange County Area (southern California). I also LOVED Eve of Milady #1341... I was quoted a HUGE amount for this dress... I would pay a lot for it but would love to see some competing prices. I really felt like I was the queen in this one! Please email me at Cignat747@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Christina Ignatius
Posted by Christina I; updated 01/24/03

Hi!
I feel in love with the Avalon dress, and was wondering if anyone had one they wanted to sell? I think I`d need a size 14 or 16, but with the tie up back something close would work. Thanks. Email me at lrs06@hotmail.com
Posted by lindsey; updated 01/31/03

Vicki,

Can you give us the contact info. For Angeldust Creations?
Posted by Cathy; updated 02/02/03

Angeldusts email addy is starkeeper_75@hotmail.com sorry i thought i had posted this earlier
Posted by Vicki; updated 02/02/03

Laura,
Please contact me regarding your dress. Cflom2@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Vicki,
Did you end up buying the Sarchi through Angel dust Creations?

I have ordered and paid for my dress but i havent received it yet, she told me it should be ready to be shipped by Thursday this week so hopefully i will get it soon (mind you postage to australia can take a while)
Posted by Vicki; updated 02/03/03

Hi Laura : would you plese send me a photo if you can, I would love to hear from you regarding the dress.
I won`t need it till march 2004 so Cathy if you like it go for it and we`ll justt recycle it here :)
Regards,
Faye fm@torontomail.com
Posted by faye; updated 02/03/03

Vicki,
If you could let me know how your order with Angel Dust creations turns out, that would be great. I was quoted an irresititble deal from her. I am not sure I am wanting the exact dress I checked on though. Anyway, how did you speak with her? Over the phone-is it an actual store? Did you have to pay everything before you received the dress? Sorry so many questions!
Posted by Cathy; updated 02/05/03

Hey everyone,

If anyone is looking for the Chantelle I have it!!!
It is an Australian size 10 and in perfect condition!!
I will only part with it to someone who loves the Maggie Sottero collection. Please e-mail me at cass_aaron@bigpond.com if you are interested.
Posted by Cassandra; updated 02/05/03

Hi Cathy

As soon as I get the dress I will let you know. All the correspondance has been over email. I paid for the dress about a week ago through paypal. I know I am a little nervous as to whether this is the real deal as she has a hotmail address, I really hope that it all works out OK i will let you know

Vicki

Ps if you have any other questions my email addy is vicki@andrewlovesvicki.com
Posted by Vicki; updated 02/05/03

I just went and ordered my dress today, and it cost me $660 for the "Dion". I checked out Pearl`s Place, and then asked the store near me if they would do a price match, and they did. I absolutly love the dress.
Posted by Michelle; updated 02/05/03

Laura,
If you havent already sold the gown can you email me pics at cv3564@aol.com. That sounds like the Julie gown I`ve been searching for!!!
THanks
Posted by cheryl; updated 02/07/03

I brought a Maggie gown "Chelsea" and it cost me 820 but it is worth the price. Im not one for compliementing myself, but damn do I look good in it! The style and the crystals make me feel and look beautiful. It is worth every penny!
Posted by Tina; updated 02/07/03

Well to start off the maggie sottero are not what they seem. I bought a vogue and it cost me 1500 dollars. Well that dress was probably the most beautiful dress there ever was and well the model is a size 5. I bought a size 12 ansd it looked very ugly on me. And it was not like the one in the picture. The picture one seems very beautiful.
Posted by DLC; updated 02/09/03

I too am interested in information on angel dust creations. I am looking for the Maggie dress named Sarchi or Desirae. I love both of these and am having a hard time deciding between them. If anybody has either one of these dresses for sales in a size 8 or 10 please let me know.
Thank you
Posted by Leticia; updated 02/10/03

Does anyone have the style number for the cassandra dress??
Posted by Bridget; updated 02/19/03

If you go into a bridal shop and ask for the Maggie Sottero Cassandra Dress they will know what you are talking about. I think that is the style #
Posted by Leticia; updated 02/19/03

I purchased a MS Davina Marie dress from Linda Lee Bridal for 900.00 back in June of `02. When my dress came in in December, I tried it on and noticed that there was a Private Collection tag on the dress. I brought it up to the sales clerk and was told I probably just missed the MS tag. Then in January, I found my dress in a magazine with the Priv. Col. Label with a price of 625.00! I confronted L.L. And they told me I never had a Maggie Sottero dress and that I ordered the PC brand. I was infuriated. I was lied to and cheated and now with my wedding in March, they told me if I wanted to get the Maggie Sottero dress I would have to pay an additional 400.00! Has this happened to anyone else. What can I do?
Posted by Shanan; updated 02/19/03

Hi There ladies! I got married 4 months ago in the Maggie Sottero gown "JEWEL." It was one of the first dresses I tried on and after a year of looking, I went back to it! He loved ever minute of me in that dress. I was WELL worth every penny paid for it! 100% satisfaction guaranteed! I have already recommended the Maggie dresses to two newly engaged brides-to-be and they are hooked.
ENJOY!
Posted by Heather; updated 02/20/03

Heather,
Did your dress come with the purse and shawl?
Mine didn`t and I wanted to know if I could by it off you.
Posted by traci; updated 02/21/03

I am writing to see if anyone is willing to part with an Ivory Maggie Sottero size 10-12. I absolutely love this gown and am willing to make an awsome offer!
Posted by tamela; updated 02/22/03

Does anyone have the Maggie Sottero Davina Marie in white in a size 8 or 10. I need it for my wedding in a month and a half! Will make a great offer! Shanan
Posted by Shanan; updated 02/24/03

Oh and did you try ebay?? I seen alotttttt of girls get their dresses on ebay. Make sure you read every lil` detail and ask tons of questions. At least you can do that if it`s a last resort. I even see some Maggie`s on there for sale sometimes, and on theknot.com and maybe you could do an web search of Maggie Sottero gowns for sale or try other wording. I`m sure you will come up with something.
Posted by Q; updated 02/24/03

I forgot to put...if you buy something like that on ebay, check their feedback and make sure they answer their emails promptly and ask alllll tons of questions on every detail BEFORE you buy, and pay only with a credit card for a big purchase like that so in case it turns out funky, you can have some recourse.
But most of all....with all of this.....stay in Prayer. God can do wonders :->
Posted by Q; updated 02/24/03

Hey there
I am getting married in mexico and I found 4 maggie dresses that I absolutely liked. Thing is, here, the cost for, say, the Julie one is 1500 dlls!!!!! yes believe it or not...... So, I am seriously thinking of buying it somewhere else, I was wondering if anyone knows of a bridal store that has good prices in texas.......or, how did the angeldust deals turned out.. I have heard online buying isnt very safe for this type of things, so I would like to know what You all guys
Posted by Bina; updated 02/25/03

I am getting married in September, and got my gown in August of 2002. I got the "Sarchi" by Maggie at a local Bridal shop for $950. It was the first dress I tried on and there is nothing out there like a Maggie Sottero gown. I love it and can`t wait to wear it!!!
Posted by Christina; updated 02/26/03

I`m looking for a wedding dress from maggie sottero "marilyn". Can somone please help me find this dress online? I would also like a picture of this dress. Please help!!!! my wedding is in 4 months
Posted by michelle; updated 02/26/03

Vicky-
Where did you say that you ordered your Maggie dress from? Thanks for your help! Good luck with your dress! I`m sure it will be beautiful!

Robin
Posted by Robin; updated 02/27/03

Robyn

I got my dress from starkeeper_75@hotmail.com Angeldust Creations I havent yet got the dress though, i am getting quite nervous as my wedding is the 26th April. The last i heard about it she was sending it Tuesday but I have yet to get confirmation
Posted by Vicki; updated 02/27/03

Hey, Robin

I saw that you were interested in ordering from Angel Dust Creation. I was going to, too. But last minute, it sounded
Too good to be true. So I went with another company. Angel Dust Creation offered the Maggie Sottero Sarchi MS286HC
In two weeks, and everywhere I asked it takes 3-4 months. You might want to try bridalmarketplace.com as another
Option. I bought the Sarchi from them for $690, shipping was $10, and a bridal bag was $10. So it was a total of $710.
I haven`t found anything bad about this site so far. There is another site Pearlsplace.com where they also offer the Sarchi
For $690 and shipping for $12. (but I did find a few complante about the way they rush the bride when ordering.) Hope this
Helps.
-Lilly
Posted by Lilly; updated 02/28/03

Vicki,

I also have ordered a dress from Angeldust and am too nervous b/c she has not returned my emails. When your dress gets in will you please let me know b/c I do not want to pay her the rest of the money until I know that she is for real. Thanks so much.
Posted by Tina; updated 03/03/03

Hello Vicki/Tina,
I really hope things work out for the both of you. I already got my quote from AngelDust and she is actually offering the most afordable price then any other store or website for the Maggie Sottero gown that I want. Please keep us updated and let us know if this person is for real. I will place the order once I hear from you guys. Good luck.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/05/03

I phoned Melody yesterday (my time) and she told me that it left on Thursday, she was very nice and i dont think it is a fraud but will let you know
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/05/03

That is reallllllly a trip how they keep deleting any message I leave with any other website to help in it. I am just a bride trying to help. Just wanted to let yall know that people try to help but they delete.
Posted by Q; updated 03/06/03

Vicki/Tina`
Hey, Vicki just checking to see if you received your gown already. How long has it been since you placed the order?

Tina,
Did you recieve your dress? Are you in the U.S. Or out of the country?
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/10/03

Deb haven`t received my dress yet should get it this week i am in australia so it will take a few weeks to get here
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/10/03

Hello I`m looking for a Maggir Sottero Giovanni 108 with modesty panel wither sapphire or diamond accents preferebly in diamond white size 8. Looking to pay under $400.00 for a used version.
Posted by Ty; updated 03/10/03

Deborah,
I talked to Melody today and she said my order will go out in about a week. I live in the US so I should have it within 2-3 weeks. I will keep you updated.
Posted by Tina; updated 03/10/03

Vicki,
I thought I read somewhere in this message board that the payments are made by paypal. What kind of payment is that? Do you know if they take check or credit cards? I have email angeldust, but they have not replied.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/11/03

Hi All!
I am getting married on New Years Eve and am trying to find the Giovanni style by Maggie. I fell in love with it because of the silver & sapphire beading, which are also my wedding colors. I can`t find it in any bridal store around me, although everyone is more then happy to order it for me. Does anyone know where I might be able to find it for less then $860?
Posted by Trish; updated 03/11/03

Paypal makes it easier for international payments, they take credit cards not sure about cheques though.
Posted by VIcki; updated 03/11/03

Ive just bought a maggie sottero wedding dress i found a stockist in Hull called Deborah Moore`s. I will warn you they are very exspensive i managed to go at the right time and got a bargain £870 dress for £395.if thats not near where you live this number is general enquiries 0151 3399139 they will tell you your nearest stockist good luck
Posted by hannah; updated 03/12/03

I still have the Chantelle. It is an Australian size 10 and in perfect condition. Asking price is $590 US dollars ($1000 Australian). I can email photos if you are interested. The gown is spectacular - it has been dry cleaned and boxed - ready to wear. Please email me at cass_aaron@bigpond.com. Thanks everyone
Posted by Cassandra; updated 03/12/03

Hi there, I am very interested in buying the Davina by Maggie Sottero. I have tried it on already in the white/ice blue but I think I want it in ivory/lavender. No store in Oregon has this dress except the one place I tried it on. If anyone knows someone that wore this dress or is going to be wearing it and has a close up picture of the dress in ivory/lavender, could you please email me at a_baker1@yahoo.com Thanks!
Posted by Andrea; updated 03/13/03

Vicki, Im sorry to keep bothering you, but I guess you haven`t received your dress yet? I went along and placed my order. She is very nice, but I still was hoping to have a confirmation from you or Tina on your dresses. Hope to read your confirmation soon.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/14/03

I`m so glad I found this board. I contacted the lady from Angeldust Creations, she gave me a great quote off the "Munroe." I`ll also be very interested to hear your experience. There was a post on the knot from a girl that ordered her dress through this lady and the girl said she just got her dress and was thrilled.
Posted by Susie; updated 03/15/03

Anyone thinking of ordering from Angel Dust Creations may want to check out the message thread under "COMPLAINT". The email address I contaced angel dust creations under was starkeeper_75@hotmail.com. This appears to be the email address listed on the message thread COMPLAINT & the news about it doesn`t sound good....
Posted by Cathy; updated 03/15/03

Trish,
My wedding dress is Maggie`s Giovanni. I got it in PA for 790. I have found it for almost 900 other places. It is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I tried it on in Pittsburgh and then ordered it from my hometown near Harrisburg. Let me know how things work out for you.
Posted by Megan; updated 03/15/03

Angel Dust Creations is run by Melody Reed the same person referred to as StarKeeper @ aol or hotmail. I would say beware because I never got my order from her and in the process of fighting the issue. If anyone runs into the same issue we must stop it and not count it as a loss. I suggest contact the BBB or the FBI sector that deal with interenet fraud, the local authorities. I belive she is in Frostburg, MD and her number is listed on the website. I am waiting to here that she is legit in some areas but who knows. She definitely gives you the run around. If enough people get screwed she may disappear from the Maryland area. She had told me she was planning to ove to NY but who knows if that is true. We may all be paying for her wedding to be if that was true. I hope she is honest in some way.
Posted by Denise; updated 03/15/03

Angel Dust Creations is run by Melody Reed the same person referred to as StarKeeper @ aol or hotmail. I would say beware because I never got my order from her and in the process of fighting the issue. If anyone runs into the same issue we must stop it and not count it as a loss. I suggest contact the BBB or the FBI sector that deal with interenet fraud, the local authorities. I belive she is in Frostburg, MD and her number is listed on the website. I am waiting to here that she is legit in some areas but who knows. She definitely gives you the run around. If enough people get screwed she may disappear from the Maryland area. She had told me she was planning to ove to NY but who knows if that is true. We may all be paying for her wedding to be if that was true. I hope she is honest in some way.

Vicki--Did you ver get your order???? With your wedding being so close I am so worried for you. Melody if real ship UPS and should have provided you with a tracking number. She kept telling me she had a tracking number for me and promised she`d call back and when I`d call for it, she would come up with an excuse for not having it. With you weddng approaching contact more. I too thought she was too ni9ce and kept defending her to my mom. I just ordered a cardholder box in January and she said she had it and I would have it in less then in week. She is in MD and I am in NY and I never got it. For those who have not received items, please contact me and we willget together to pursue legal issues. I pray that she is not all bad but am still waiting... I am waiting to see if money is refunded as she said she would next week. If it is, i will advise all

I have been dreading this moment!!! I have kept an eye on this post and until now no-one had posted anything bad, i am still yet to receive my dress my wedding is in 6 weeks and i have no idea what i am going to do if it doesnt show up. What i have seen though is the stuff she hasnt been sending appears to be wedding extras no-one as yet hasnt received their dress so i pray that all will be well and i promise the moment i get the dress i will post. Thanks guys for keeping this post alive lets pray it all works out. My email addy is vicki@andrewlovesvicki.com if anyone wants to contact me
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/15/03

Hello Vickie/Susie/Denise,
I contacted Melody myself and placed an order for the dress. I was suppose to make the credit card payment last Friday through Paypal, but did not I guess I still don`t fully trust the lady. She is very nice and we discussed meeting each other when the dress arrives so that I would not pay extra to have it delivered. She does live in Frostberg MD which is about 2hr. Away from me in Silver Spring. I myself was hoping she was real, but now I know to just wait until I have a confirmation from either one of ya. She was also willing to help with the fitting and other things for my wedding. We did not go into details, but just in case she is not legit she did say we could meet somewhere so if we do contact the FBI we might be able to set her up if she decides to meet with me.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/17/03

I will let you know if I get a refund. Please note when I first spoke to her she offered to meet me in NY as well. She said she would be coming to get some items. I opted to not meet since I do not care for the city and did not want to hassle trying to meet a person who may never appear. In either case I ordered in January..... An item she had available and since then there has been one story after the next. I will be glad to state when/IF I get a refund or if a package finally arrives. I spoke with her as well and she sounds so nice, it is why we trust her. I am still waiting to see if Vicki gets her dress who has been waiting for weeks and weeks. There is a person on the know who claims she didn`t get her dress and you can find the message I believe by searching for Melody and then title ha to do something with slander....... If she is legit I am not sure why myself and others haven`t received a refund.....
Posted by Denise; updated 03/17/03

I will let you know if I get a refund. Please note when I first spoke to her she offered to meet me in NY as well. She said she would be coming to get some items. I opted to not meet since I do not care for the city and did not want to hassle trying to meet a person who may never appear. In either case I ordered in January..... An item she had available and since then there has been one story after the next. I will be glad to state when/IF I get a refund or if a package finally arrives. I spoke with her as well and she sounds so nice, it is why we trust her. I am still waiting to see if Vicki gets her dress who has been waiting for weeks and weeks. There is a person on the know who claims she didn`t get her dress and you can find the message I believe by searching for Melody and then title ha to do something with slander....... If she is legit I am not sure why myself and others haven`t received a refund.....

Sorry I tend to hit that darn button multiple times. I actually didn`t order a dress. I ordered a Cinderella Cardholder box which she told me she had available and she is only 2 days in shipping time from me and advised that if I ordered she would get right out and I would have in 5 - 7 days. The first thing she advised which delayed a dispute with Pay Pal was she said she had a death in the family. Being sympathetic we understood and she said she would get right out. Two weeks later we thought wa smore then enough time. She then blamed the weather, a girl she said worked from her, another girl that worked for her because she had said she let the other one go. She also gave me atracking number but it wasn`t for my order. She said that her girl must have mailed this girl in Brooklyn my order, She then told me that she called UPS who had it out for delivery. She said they couldn`t stop the delivery so she said she called the customer and said to refuse it and it would be sent back to her. Needless to say the package wasn`t refused it was signed for. She alerted that she had another one which just needed something glued on and assured it would be sent on the 10th. I called her for tracking number on the 10th which is almost 2-1/2 months later. She assured me it went out but tracking number was in shop. I called next day because she never called me back as stated with number and she mumbled around and said she`d call me back in 5 minutes. She didn`t call me back. I called her back and a friend said that she ran out. Ic alled next day and friend said she went out of town. I called the next day and Mel said she had tracking number and she said something is wrong with it.. She then advised me that she will refund today and if I get the item I can keep. I will advise if I get it. She also said she has the tracking number and it shows it was attempted to be delivered but when asked for it she couldn`t provide. She also told me that she is getting married in June and on the Knot it showed she was getting married in December. She also said she was to soon move to NY by summer time. She also said she worked Part time as an auxiliary Police Office and I have a hard time spelling another part time jpb she has. When you make a payment it goes to a Dennis Reed who she claims is her father. I can go on and on. I always was compassionate towards her story and I am grateful my order was only for $55.20

Okay, I don`t know what to make of this but I guess here`s the homework that I`ve done. I called Maggie Sottero Designs (801) 975-8138 and they did confirm that Angel Dust Creations is an authorized dealer in MD so that part is true, but they would not confirm/dispel whether she was a merchant in good standing. I have also put in a request for report from the BBB. If she is legit, I do not wish to make false claims but at the same time if she`s not, I would not want to support it in any way. Ladies good luck, certainly I hope you receive your dresses and everything turns out great for your wedding day and hopefully you can put your fears to rest. But I say if something in your gut tells you somethings not right, then it`s not right. Anyway, when I receive information from BBB, I will post.
Posted by Susie; updated 03/17/03

Denise, can you give me her number. I wanted to run a report through the bbb and they need that information. I`ve only spoken with her via email

I am not sure if we can post that data here but here is the link to her web page which has her number http://www.geocities.com/starkeeper_75/mels.html

I had put something in with BBB and I have a feeling this is all very new -- because there have been many parties writing that they are waiting and worrying... I kept believing for nearly 3 months and I was to have my item within 7 days. Let me know what you uncover but I can show you how she has promised me a refund and I am waiting

Megan,

I just bought a brand new Maggie Giovanni on ebay for $599. I have yet to see it in person, I know that sounds really silly. But from what I hear from others who have seen this model, I will not be disappointed. And if I am, I`ll turn around and resell it on ebay! I hope I am as happy with this dress as you are!
Posted by Trish; updated 03/17/03

As I stated and I amhonest I received a refund from Mel/Starkeeper/Angel Dust Creations today. I am relieved and grateful.... She states Imay still receive product but my mother and I relieved to have gotten a refund.

Happy to say a refund was given today--I am upset that somehow my order was never received and that I was in a loop for so long but it can at least be considered resolved.

Denise thank goodness you received your refund. I looked through BBB and there are no reports for that company. I hope whatever the issues were, I hope they were just a string of bad luck. Good luck to you all.

Hey Susie,
Thanks for all the information you provided. When you say that there were no reports for this company at BBB is that a good thing?

Dennise,
Im really happy that you got your refund. Hopefuly you will also get the second order Melody sent too.

Vicki,
How are you doing? Did you get your dress? If not have you talked to Melody about it? and what is her response?
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/18/03

I want to buy a Maggie Sottero "Stephanie" but it is 1150 in the bridal salon. Someone online quoted me a price $ 400 less. Has anyone ordered one online and was it the real thing?? Did you get it in time for your wedding. I would really like to order the cheaper one, but am skeptical about buying online

Stacie
Posted by Stacie Slusser; updated 03/18/03

It`s neither good nor bad. The BBB doesn`t generally run a report on a company unless it`s been up and running for one year or had numerous complaints registered with them. I know the prices are great and it would be great if there`s a person out there who`s legit and gives these great deals, the quote she gave me was fantastic but I just was not willing to take a chance.

If she or her sister or whoever wrote the fake postings on the knot as a way to advertise, I think it was a bad idea because that`s fraud and it makes her look more shady. I started getting obsessed with this so I started digging as much as I could and this is all I could find. You`ll have to decide for yourself if you want to use her as a vendor or not.

By the way, I ended up ordering from Pearls Place and they were great. I got my dress for $717 that`s $400 off the original quote I was given and I went to many places believe me.
Posted by Susie; updated 03/18/03

Susie,
Do you have a number or e-mail address where I can get a quote for my dress at Pearls Place?

Vicki,
Haven`t heard from you, is everything Ok? Has your dress been delivered?
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/19/03

Just wondering what color and or style bridesmaids you are putting with your maggie dress. I just ordered my Maggie dress last night. I ordered the Moulin Rouge. I am also trying to find a flowergirl dress similar to mine but am having no luck. My wedding is in May of 2004.
Posted by Amy; updated 03/19/03

I forgot to tell you that I only paid $722.50 for the dress.

I forgot to tell you that I only paid $722.50 for the dress.

This probably will not match your dress but I got my daughter`s flower girl items with Briar Patch
Posted by Denise; updated 03/19/03

My dress will be here Tuesday at the latest I have the tracking information, however, customs may well hold the dress up. Melody has actually gone out of her way to make sure I get this dress in time and for that I am very thankful.
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/20/03

Hey Vickie,
That`s great. I`m really happy to here that. Melody e-mailed and informed me that my dress may be available as early as the middle or end of April. I can`t wait to see it.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/20/03

I have had my eye on Maggie Sottero`s "Tiffany" dress. Has anyone tried this dress on or know what it runs for?
Posted by Jessica; updated 03/20/03

I wanted to know if anyone has used best buy bridal.com (website is bestbuybridal.com) They sell Maggie`s very inexpensive
Posted by Elizabeth; updated 03/22/03

Hello Vicki,
Just wondering if you did receive your dress yet?

Elizabeth,
I did check the website you provided and you are right the dresses for Magie are very affordable, however, I already placed my order with Melody so hopefully everything will work out.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/25/03

My Sarchi arrived today and it is just gorgeous words cannot describe how beautiful it is I ended up choosing the white/blue and am so happy with it. I know can recommend Melody as she really did put an effort in to get the dress to me.
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/25/03

Hey Vicki,
Congratulations, I am so happy to hear this. I`m sure the dress is beautiful. I wish you and your fiance a wonderful life together.
Posted by Deborah; updated 03/25/03

Vicki, So glad that you got your dress, I check the message board everyday to see if you got your dress. Congradulation. Now you can post it on your web page. I can`t wait to see it. -Lilly
Posted by Lilly; updated 03/25/03

Does anyone have the phone number for Maggie Soretto to check if the dealer is reputable? Thanks in advance.
Posted by Elizabeth; updated 03/27/03

Hi Elizabeth

I think it was Letitcia that has phoned Maggie Sottero and confirmed that she was a dealer, a few of the girls have and my Maggie is genuine
Posted by Vicki; updated 03/27/03

I am trying to decide which color of the Sarchi dress to buy. If anybody has a picture of that dress in any color, please email it to me at halcyonhorizon@hotmail.com.

Also, if anybody has used Pearls Place, let me know how it went. Thanks.
Posted by Sarah; updated 03/27/03

Hi I used pearls place and I thought it went well. I didn`t have to pay for the whole thing in advance and I received a receipt from them a week later. I contacted them after I received my receipt and they were able to give me a ship date. Overall, I was very happy with my experience.
Posted by Susie; updated 03/28/03

Hello! I just found my dream gown, the Monica. I just love it, but not the price. Does anyone know of any place close to Pittsburgh, PA that would offer a good deal, or is the internet probably going to be the best offer? Wedding Date 6/5/04
MKR
Posted by Marie; updated 03/30/03

For Stacie - Hi!! it`s for real, my Maggie dress was 1,400 in the bridal shop and I got it for $538 including a purse and shawl. It fits perfect and I love it. Try Bridal Marketplace.com they are very reputable. Maggie gowns however take up to 20 weeks!!! So Hurry and order it!
Posted by Stacey lee; updated 03/30/03

Hi! I ordered my Maggie Sottero Julie from a place in Austin, Texas for only $525.00! It takes 3 months to come in and i`m expecting it anyday now! If you need any dress from the maggie Sottero line, call Melange in Austin, Texas and they`ll find you a good price!
Posted by Lindsay; updated 03/31/03

I did get eth Maggie Sottero Davina Marie you can`t go with a fake... This is the a GREAT DRESS!!!!
Posted by mm; updated 04/01/03

I did get the Maggie Sottero Davina Marie you can`t go with a fake... This is the a GREAT DRESS!!!!
Posted by mm; updated 04/01/03

Maggie gown are beautiful!! Has anyone ever laced it up with the bow on the top instead of the bottom?? just wondering
Posted by SLV; updated 04/02/03

I just purchased a Maggie sottero gown and I love the feel of the material and the gown itself makes you feel as if you are Cinderella this is your one true moment
Posted by Rachael; updated 04/04/03

I bought my maggie sotero gown this valentines day, it was only the 3rd dress i ever tried on!! I fell in love with it. It was a discontinued gown; $900 marked down to $300!!! I couldn`t be happier with my dress and i can`t wait to wear it!
Posted by Courtney; updated 04/04/03

Has anyone purchased a dress through House of Brides? Any problems? Has anyone purchased the Maggie Sottero Tiffany dress? Is it as beautiful as the pictures?
Posted by Cindy; updated 04/04/03

I just found this website, and will have a Maggie Sottero size 8 Tegan dress for sale. I ordered it a couple of months ago, and have decided to go with another dress. So, I will receive this dress in about a month, and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in buying it. I paid $612. It will, of course, be brand new.
Posted by Nikki; updated 04/08/03

I just tried on "Sarchi" at bridal salon today and it was amazingly beautiful! They said the dress "Sarchi was rated # 1 gown in America or something like that (Is that true or what ?lol) Their price was $1070 plus tax, but I just compared the price on line and online is way cheaper, I don`t know if I should buy online or at bridal salon, Is anyone buy Marggie Sottero`s gown online???
Posted by Misha; updated 04/09/03

I bought my Sarchi on-line, i am getting married on the 26th April and will be selling mine if you are interested what size are you after?? mine is the white/blue and is STUNNING
Posted by Vicki; updated 04/09/03

I bought my Maggie Sottero Sarchi from Pearl`s Place online. They sell it for $690. I also called the Maggie Sottero company, and they said Pearl`s Place was an authorized dealer and that they were a really good store.
Posted by Sarah; updated 04/09/03

I am not getting married until next June but being the eager bride I am have already started looking at dresses. I have fallen in love with the Cassandra dress and it is way out of my price range. I have been really lucky and found somebody who bought one for her wedding and isnt wearing it - one of her friends bought the same dress for a wedding which happened three weeks earlier!! I am being really cheeky and going to try it on in a bridal shop and if I like it, am going to buy it from her! I know it is a long way to go yet but I am worrying that I wont get it and when it comes to nearer the big day, I wont find one which I like as much and will be gutted. Also, most shops seem to have a 3-6 month waiting list for them anyway! A friend of mine is getting married at the end of this year and hasnt already got her dress. If anybody has a website addresss for somebody who can ship maggie sottero over to the UK for a good price, please let me know.

Thanks

Emma
Posted by Emma; updated 04/10/03

I purchased my dress from Pearl`s Place on March 29, 2003. I received my confirmation receipt last week. I chose Pearl`s because real people answer when you phone them. I looked at a couple of sites and called bestbuybridal.com they never called back. Pearl`s Place was 200 $ cheaper than the shops in my home town.
Posted by Elizabeth; updated 04/10/03

Hi all- I haven`t had time to post anymore. The last time I posted my dress was on the way. Well here is what has happened since them. Somehow when Angeldust went to ship my dress, the packing slips got switched so I received another Sarchi in a different size and color. Since then Angeldust has gone out of her way to try and fix the problem. She tried shipping it out again but it was returned to her. She has been stuck at home this week due to a bad storm out there. I received an E-mail from her yesterday that she is shipping it out today Overnight through UPS instead of mail. I will keep you all updated on it. I saw someone asked about maggie sottero`s #, I don`t have it anymore but I did call them and they confirmed that the company is a dealer of theirs as well as Melody`s name and address.
Posted by Leticia; updated 04/10/03

It appears Angel Dust can eventually come through but there is always alot of stories on the way
It seems that packages always get misplaced or sent some where else or a storm. I can tell you the storm we had on Monday amounted to nothing
But I guess as long as the dress arrives in time for the wedding....
Posted by Denise; updated 04/10/03

Vicki, I would be interested in possibly buying your Sarchi from you after your wedding. I`ve never seen the blue one and have been wanting to see pictures of it. It must be beautiful. Here`s my email address if you`d like to contact me:) freakdawgy21@aol.com.
Posted by Nicki; updated 04/10/03

Denise- do you live in Maryland. I checked the weather reports this week for frostburg and they said that it was icy. Yes it will arrive well before the wedding. Since I was expecting it to take 4-6 months, like everywhere else, I ordered it for my wedding in Nov. I ordered it and withing 3 maybe 4 weeks she had the dress.
Posted by Leticia; updated 04/10/03

Yesterday I went looking for a gown in Amsterdam - The Netherlands. I live in Belgium. When I compare the price with the prices I saw on this website, I don`t understand the difference...
The price was 2059 euro (2234 USD). The dress was Dion and I could get a discount of 20%.
I loved the dress, but I wonder if it is a fair price?

Can someone explain the price difference? And help me found some addresses in Belgium or the Netherlands where I can find a Maggie Sottero?

Heidi
Posted by heidi; updated 04/16/03

Heidi

You will probably find the same thing I did in Australia, 1 company imports Maggies and therefore can charge what they like, that is an incredibly expensive price to pay for a Dion, there are on-line bridal shops on the web that you will be able to get it for at least 1/2 that price
Posted by Vicki; updated 04/16/03

It is really unbelievable.
I `m not keen on ordering a dress via the internet. Is it real, what s the quality and so...
So I will probably buy the dress at that price.
But when I compare the prices it is a lot of money for a one-day-dress.

Heidi,

Don`t you think it would be worth it to spend 600-700 USD and risk buying from the internet as apposed to spending over 2200 USD? I haven`t ordered a dress online, but from reading all these other girls` messages, they seem to have good things to say about it. I guess it just depends on how much money you have to spend:) I`m considering buying online. It`s just a thought.
Posted by Nicki; updated 04/16/03

Heidi- What Maggie Dress are you looking for? E-mail me directly. Ldiaz@cardiotheater.com
Posted by Leticia; updated 04/16/03

Heidi, what style Maggie are you looking for?
Posted by Tamikia; updated 04/16/03

I`m looking for the dion dress, colour ivory.
Yesterday I called a few other shops and it seems that 2.200 USD - 2.100 EURO is the price for a Maggie Sotero dress in the Netherlands.
And in Belgium there are no shops that sell Maggie Sotero dresses. If I order a dress over the net, will it fit?
I have never ordered anything over the net.

I think the threshold is to big for me, and certainly to buy my weddingdress.

Hi Heidi

What I did is try on the dress here in Australia then I knew what size to buy, with the corsett back you do have around 2 sizes to play with so it not quite as bad as zipper dresses
Posted by Vicki; updated 04/17/03

You will need to email me your measurements and I can get the size for you. Also the price will save you a lot of money email me at impressivedesigns@hotmail.com and I can send you a pic and price for the Dion dress.
Posted by Tamikia; updated 04/17/03

My daughter is looking for a Maggio Sottero "Suzette" (b283) size 4. The cheapest that we have found is about $600.00 on the internet. Can anyone help find it cheaper?
Posted by Jamie; updated 04/19/03

Hello Everybody,
It is 2 months ago that I paid Melody Reed from Angel Dust creations (starkeeper_75@hotmail.com )through paypal and ever since I have no contact with her any more. I tried e-mailing her and calling her but I could not get hold of her. I had a really good contact with her before and she always gives me a promp answers with my emails. Eversince I paid her I lost contact with her. I could give her up to crediet card fraud department here in Europe (I am from Holland). They then will check her up in US. But I really do not want to do that. What I want is that she just send the things that I ordered. Please give advice what I should do! Does any body know how I could get intouch with her?? Please help. Thank you.
Posted by jen; updated 04/28/03

My story is the same. Tons of responses up until the time of payment. I keep getting told she is sick, but things aren`t adding up. She hasn`t been online in a while, so I am hoping for the best. But, I too am worried.

Leave your email address so we can talk about this more.
Posted by a; updated 04/28/03

I am getting the same stuff from Melody also. I have written her three times this week and called her and still no response. I am really worried b/c my wedding is in September and I want to have time to get new dresses if necessary. My email is cutiep99@aol.com if anyone has any advice for me. Thanks
Posted by T; updated 04/28/03

Hello Jen/A/T,
Im also having problems with Melody. Melody lives about two hours away from me, she offered to personally deliver my dress and do the fitting since my house is on the way to where her boyfriend lives. My dress was ordered a little over two months ago. It was paid for on the first month, but Melody continued to keep in touch. She received my dress exactly 1 month ago, and ever since it`s been impossible for us to meet. The first weekend she said her boyfriend would be visiting her, the weeked after that it was Easter so she said she had plans for the weekend, the weekend after that she was hospitalize cause she had cought an amonia and last Friday she was suppose to call me at 3:00 p.m. To confirm if we would meet on Saturday, but I never heard from her. Now I can`t even get ahold of her. My wedding is on August, so Im getting very nervouse. If anyone does get ahold of her, please let us know what is her situation.
Posted by Deborah; updated 04/28/03

Deborah- what dress did you order?
Posted by Leticia; updated 04/28/03

Leticia,

I ordered the Savannah Style.
Posted by Deborah; updated 04/28/03

I was just asking because she sent me a dress that she said belonged to someone 2 hours away from her. But it is the Sarchi. I spoke to Rachel, Melody`s assistant and she said that Melody was in the hospital. SHe might of gotten release on Saturday but they were not sure yet
Posted by Leticia; updated 04/28/03

Unfortunately, everyone seems to be in the same situation as myself with Melody Reed. My story reads JUST LIKE everyone`s else. My fiance has already placed a dispute with pay pal and his credit card. Has notified Maggie Sottero website and the Better Business Bureau. I suggest that everyone do the same. If they get enough complaints, someone will get the message to her. She may have a legitimate excuse, but if she indeed has an assistant I can`t see why this person cannot intervene with her customers in her absence. This certainly is not a way to conduct a business. If anyone else has any information or would like to discuss please email me at chars1k@msn.com
Posted by J McD; updated 04/28/03

Again I`m sorry to hear of a new batch of women that have been taken in by Melody Reed/Schenck. This message thread and others... Read one titled COMPLAINTS, or ANGELDUST CREATIONS, ANGELDUST ISSUES. They are strewn with women who have experienced the same frustrations that you have. I honestly believe that Vicky received her dress only because there were so many people waiting to see how the transaction went and they were planning on ordering if it all worked out. Women, you need to act quickly, that`s what I`ve been telling everyone that asks me.
Posted by Susie; updated 04/29/03

Goto www.houseofbrides.com and look at wedding gowns. Then to the right they give you a choice of designers Maggie Sottero is one of them. Click on it then search the site and on the top of the screen there will be a tab for price and it will give you the price for any of her gowns.
Posted by Michelle; updated 04/29/03

Goto www.houseofbrides.com and look at wedding gowns. Then to the right they give you a choice of designers Maggie Sottero is one of them. Click on it then search the site and on the top of the screen there will be a tab for price and it will give you the price for any of her gowns.
Posted by Michelle; updated 04/29/03

I found the Maggie Sottero dress at Bridal Mart and tried it on this weekend. The dress is expensive and very difficult to find. Unfortunately, I found it and it`s beautiful. It was meant for me to have this dress. If you truly would like to have this dress. You need to get to Bridal Mart in Burlington, NC. I purchased the dress for $578 with tax. That was a $422 savings. Savannah actually runs $1000.00.
Posted by Gracie; updated 04/29/03

I ordered all of my BM dresses from Melody over 2 months ago. Promised shipping on numerous occasions. Good contact up until about a week ago. She moved and was hospitalized and gave me a new phone number (cell?). I have always been very suspicious, but all of the pieces came together yesterday. Today I was in contact with Impressions Bridal and they have no record of her or her company. My dresses were never ordered! Two months until my wedding and I have no BM dresses. I had to order them from a local shop and am having them rushed delivered. They will arrive only 3 weeks before my big day. What a fraud! I don`t see how someone could do this and ruin someone`s wedding day. I will be taking action!
Posted by soontobebride; updated 04/29/03

Please check all boards on this site for more info on Meldoy Reed, AKA Schenck, Angel Dust Creations and Starkeeper. She is becoming a name that no one wants to trust. Also on one of the messages, I believe an officer has her current location and is looking for all compalints. Also, please complain through BBB, FBI internt fraud, police. There are complaints on 101bridalgowns such as http://www.101bridalgowns.com/forums101/show_message.htm?mid=33510#m33534 and search the knot for Melody. The same problems have been going on for months. Don`t let this ruin your wedding but definetly fight
How wrong to take advbantage of us brides
Occassionally I have seen soem folks get their dress but I believe it is rare and only the reason why she may have gotten some more orders
Posted by Denise; updated 05/01/03

Please see this message:
Our office recently received a complaint in regards to Ms. Reed. In order to direct your calls to the proper agency, you may contact Deputy Warren Carter at (301)777-5959, Allegany County Sheriff`s Office. I am familiar with this subject and I am in possession of her new address. I hope that our department is able to assist in this problem. Deputy Carter can be contacted Monday thru Friday during the daylight hours.

Lt. Craig Robertson
Posted 04/30/03 by Lt. Robertson
Posted by Denise; updated 05/01/03

I contacted Deputy Carter this morning and he advised me to pass the word on to have any other victims contact him with their details.
Posted by soontobebride; updated 05/01/03

You can email Deputy Carter at wcarter@allconet.org also.
Posted by soontobebride; updated 05/01/03

Attention to all ladies that did not receive their wedding dress/supplies from Melody Reed. E-mail deputy Warren Carter at WCarter@allconet.org

Thanks
Posted by Ray; updated 05/02/03

Melody Reed is a TRANS-SHIPPER. This vile business practice entails ordering items from another store that actually has an account. In the bridal industry, this is a tactic only used by the lowest-of-the-low...normally, people who don`t have good enough credit to get their own account with the manufacturer. All her "excuses" seem to be LIES. What`s next? Is she going to fake her own death?@!
Posted by Michelle; updated 05/12/03

I`m sooo sorry for you brides that this woman of AngelDust has taken advantage of. It`s soo hard to believe that someone would ruin the most special day of someones life for gain, that is low. I realllllly hope you all press charges and get her.

For the brides in Australia, I can`t believe how much they charge you for Maggie`s because Maggies are really made in Australia. They are shipped here. I got my Maggie Sottero shipped over here from there, but most people don`t know they come originally from Asia and Australia, but my bridal lady that knows hipped me to the deal. It did take a long time to get mine, but it was sooo worth it. I loooved the way it sucked my waist in sooo good with that corset back. I got the Davina Marie, and I am having it cleaned and pressed right now, and will be selling it soon. It`s fits size 14 or 12, or reallly a couple sizes above or maybe 10 cause it`s sooo adjustable because of the corset back. I had tried on a size 10 but they told me it was more like a 12 because so many girls had tried it on, and it was just a tiny bit too small for my behind in the back, where the laces go into a bow, so I got a 14 and it was perfect...even though the 10 and 12 fit me too. I had tried on many dresses and lots of Maggie`s but none made my figure look like this. Everyone was raving about my dress saying it looked like the perfect balance of classiness and sexiness at the same time.
I am GodsQQQ@aol.com if anyone is interested in talking about the dress. And I have some other stuff leftover too.
Posted by Q; updated 07/05/03

I have purchased my Maggie Sottero "Giovann" dress and am wondering what type of flowergirl dress do you think would look good. My bridesmaids are wearing a similiar type dress from Bari Jay that looks somwehat like the Giovann. Any suggestions?!
Posted by Lorilee; updated 07/11/03

I have been engaged for 2 years now (finally the date is set for May 2004) and have done some serious research via internet on gown quotes. I have been looking at "JULIE" and "COURTNEY" for awhile now. The cheapest place, by far, has been weddingexpressions.com. I was quoted $338 and $340 that includes shipping, garment bag and a wedding emergency kit! I will be placing my order soon. If anyone knows of a better quote (online) please let me know. Thanks!
Posted by Holly; updated 07/21/03

Hi I am getting married on 04-03-04. I want the `desirae`, but can`t find in in the town I live in. Not even a similar one to try to see how it may look, should I order this online and hope that it looks fine? Have found gown for $636 is there a cheaper one? I want it in White with black. I would even buy used - is there one out there. I know it is sappose to be discontinued in Oct. Should I just order it and hope?
Posted by ana; updated 07/28/03

ANA -
I just bought my dress online through weddingexpressions. I paid with a money order and in 12-14 weeks I will recieve my beautiful Maggie dress (Julie) I looked on there for your dress (desirae) and it is $542 (that price includes shipping, garment bag, and emergency wedding kit) If you really love this dress, then I would go ahead & get it befor it is discontinued.....cause then you will be kicking yourself for not getting it. It is hard to believe that a Maggie dress will look anything but beautiful on you. Anyhow, if you want to know how my transaction goes (if you are ify about buying online) give me a holler.
I say GO FOR IT!!!
Posted by Holly; updated 07/29/03

Hi, I am getting married in sept 2004 and have been toying with the idea of buying my dress of the internet. I live in Scotland and the prices for dresses are at least double then on the internet. Does anyone have positive feedback about purchasing a dress online? Its a Maggie Sottero dress, (style Celeste) that I am looking to buy.

Kerry
Posted by kerry; updated 07/29/03

Holly - Please let me know of the details of your purchase. I am leary of the internet sales. Hope to hear from you soon abelle2002@msn.com
Posted by ana; updated 07/29/03

ANA - It will take awhile (12-14 weeks) to get the gown....but I will definately let you know how it goes. My email addy is foolhearted1@hotmail.com ---- I will put something like "maggie sottero dress" in the subject are so that you dont delete it :) Until then, if ya have anything that I can help ya with email me. :)
Posted by Holly; updated 07/29/03

Hi all,

I ordered the Maggie "Diva" for my November wedding, but I have not been able to find the dress anywhere on the Internet. This only concerns me because I had a friend who ordered a dress which was discontinued, but the store never told her that, and instead tried to sell her the one off of the rack.
Has anyone had the Diva and/or do you know what model year it came out in? (It looks like the Moulin Rouge, but the top and back are different.) Any verification that this dress is not discontinued would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
MB
Posted by mbs; updated 07/31/03

MARIE!!!!!!!!!
I have a Maggie Sottero Miranda for sale. It is the one that looks like Monica. Email me for more info and for a pic. If it is the right size and style maybe we can make a deal.
Mamaspudof3@yahoo.com
Posted by Nicole; updated 08/08/03

Hi there,
I just received my Jill dress and did not get the purse and shawl that normally comes with a Maggie Sottero. I am afraid the place that ordered it for me is trying to pull one over on me. My question to all those that received the Jill, did it come with a shawl and purse? I need to know asap!!!!!

Thanks
Posted by Amber; updated 08/12/03

Well when I ordered my Dion their were two packages to order from one was just he dress and the other was the dress, purse, and shaw (which was more money). So maybe you didn`t specify that you wanted the purse and shaw also.
Hope this helps
Posted by Ray; updated 08/12/03

Well, you`ve probably already had your wedding right now, but I have been looking at Maggie Sottero for my wedding next summer and found that most range from $1040-$1500.
Posted by Christy; updated 08/12/03

Christy,
My maggie dress cost about $850. It really depends on what city you live in. I had the dress priced for $100 more in Pittsburgh, and then I got it back home near Harrisburg. I hope this helps, what maggie dress are you looking at?? Good Luck!!
Posted by Megan; updated 08/13/03

Hi Megan! I REALLY REALLY want Maggie`s new dress, Royal Romance. It is absolutely gorgeous! I am from New Orleans and that is where the closest dress is! Right now I live in Birmingham, AL which is about 5 hours away. I am driving down there this weekend just to look at that dress!!
Posted by Christy; updated 08/13/03

Yea, my Davina Marie by Maggie retails for $1500, but I am selling it for under that of course. It was gorgeous though, I looveed the corset back. Whatever dress you get, the corset really helps with any adjustments, cause you can loosen or tighten and it sucks in your waist sooo great. Everyone said it was the most beautiful dress ever with the perfect blend of classiness and sexiness. Mine came with a matching wrap. Some come with a purse too. It took like 6 months to come from overseas, but it was worth it. I didn`t even need to alter the top, only hemmed the length a lil. You can see alot of the Maggies that aren`t even on the Maggie website cause they are not in the new lines which are usually the only few they have on her site...but you can see almost all the Maggies on www.bridesave.com

GodsQQQ@aol.com
Posted by Q; updated 08/13/03

Christy,
That is great that you found a dress shop that has the dress you want. Mine took four months to get in, but they send the wrong skirt so know I have to wait a little longer, but that is okay because I still have a while until my wedding, I am just glad I found the dress of my dreams. What does the Royal Romance dress look like, I went to maggie`s website and it was not up there. Let me know how this weekend went!!!
Posted by Megan; updated 08/18/03

I`ve been trying on few dresses and i must tell you that when you wear a Maggie Sottero dress you feel like a princess. I feel in love with "Symona" and the price is CAD 1800.00 including taxes. Now my wish is to find it for less expensive..... On The Maggie Sottero web site you can find store locators.....you must go try it before you buy your final wedding dress.
Posted by Nathalie; updated 08/19/03

Alyssia,

You said you knew of a salon in Louisiana that sold dresses taht looked liek Maggie Sottero`s but cheaper. Please advise.
Posted by Anita; updated 08/19/03

Ana,
My daughter bought her Maggie Sottero Suzette from Best Buy Bridal. It is great. I found the Desirae bt535 for $499.00 from Best Buy Bridal. (no garment bag)Also Wedding Expressions has it for $542.00 (with a garment bag) Both have free shipping.
Jamie
Posted by Jamie; updated 08/24/03

Natalie,
I found a Symona Mem 127 on Wedding Expressions for $406.00. Is that the same dress that you are looking for?
Posted by Jamie; updated 08/24/03

I`ve been reading everyone`s comments and suggestions about Maggie S. Dresses and i definetely agree with all of you. They are beautiful and comfortable.....but most of all they make you look like a Royal Princess. I`ve been shopping around few Bridal Stores and only one store had the dress that i want "Yvette" no one else knows what i`m talking about. The quote i got was CAD 1600.00 (i live in Montreal) Can anyone please help me find it for cheaper. I`m not a very big "online buyer" so i am willing to drive or fly for the dress.
Any help will be so gratfully appreciated.
Msmorgan_de_toi@yahoo.com
Thank You
Posted by Nathalie; updated 08/24/03

Jamie,
Thank you for your help. Yes i did want the Symona but now i`m confused about the Yvette (Cad 1800.00) or Andrea (cad 2400.00)
Your web site is so great i found both dresses for so much less Yvette (usd 571.00) or Andrea (usd 884.00)
And the best part is that they are located in Burlington which is a 2h drive for me.
Thank you so so much, from Myself, my parents and my husband to be.
Posted by Nathalie; updated 08/24/03

I have a maggie sottero julie dress for sale. It has been turned up to fit me 5 foot 4. It is ivory with white beads - size 12.

I also had string straps added - which you could easily take off.

I still have the wrap it came with.

It needs dry cleaning but i would be prepared to sell it for £250 (paid £650) for it.

Let me know if you are interested
Posted by kate; updated 08/29/03

Hi Megan,
I drove all the way to Lafayette, LA to try the Royal Romance Maggie on and it was sold! I am going to try yet again at another shop in New Orleans this weekend. I`m taking all 7 of my bridesmaids there for a get-together! It isn`t on the website yet, but it usually pops up whenever you go to Maggiesottero.com. It`s really gorgeous: strapless with an asymmetrical bodice, ball gown, and beautiful embroidery and beading on the top and along the bottom of the gown. I`ve been told it costs $1100, but the lady who owns the shop in New Orleans said she`d hold it for me and if I decided I wanted it, she`d give it to me for $900. What a deal! I just hope it looks as good on me as it does on the model!!
Posted by Christy; updated 09/03/03

Christy,
That is great!! I am sure you will look beautiful in it. All maggie dresses make you feel like a princess and you should because it is the best dress you will ever wear!! Let me know how it goes. $900 is not bad, I really think it is worth it because maggie dresses are so nice. Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.
Posted by Megan; updated 09/03/03

Christy,
I dont know how you feel about buying online, but I know where you can purchase your gown for cheaper than $900.00. (I am not a dealer or sales rep or anything) I`ve ordered my dress (julie) for waayyy less than any price that I have found elsewhere. The place that I am getting my dress from has your gown Royal Romance for $707.00 (which includes shipping, an emergency wedding sewing kit, and a garment bag). You might want to check into wedding expressions. Email me if you have any questions that I might be able to help with. And like I said before.....I am not a sales rep or anything, I just want fellow brides to be to save as much money as I have. :) My addy is foolhearted1@hotmail.com
Good luck with your wedding plans!
Posted by Holly A.; updated 09/03/03

I know you can also get a maggie for a lot cheaper at pearls place and at best buy bridal. My Maggie would have cost me about $1000 but I got it from Best Buy Bridal for $450
Posted by Leticia; updated 09/04/03

A reply back to Christy:

I saw a Royal Romance on Ebay just yesterday. If you go to Ebay and just type in maggie sottero on the search it should come up.
Posted by LJ; updated 09/04/03

Thanks so much for all of your advice! I got the dress of my dreams! I bought the Royal Romance gown this weekend when I went home to Louisiana and got it at Antoinette`s in Lafayette. I LOVE it and I got such a great deal! Thanks again!!!
Posted by Christy; updated 09/09/03

Hi everyone! I loved reading all of your messages. I am looking for the Sarchi dress in all white, blue and white, or the lilac. I am a size 8 or 10. If anyone knows where I can get a clean used dress please contact me or send pictures. Thank You!
Posted by Debra; updated 09/18/03

Maggie Soretto dresses are in the $1000 range. There is a sight that discounts them for a few hundred less depending on the style you go with. That site is www.weddingexpressions.com and another is 1-877-bride21. They are beautiful dresses and I am looking forward to purchasing Felicity here in the next few months.
Posted by theresa; updated 04/22/05

I tried on the "Julie" dress as a store and I fell in love with it. It was $518 in the store but I would try and look on ebay if you want to go for something cheaper. The dress might be worn but for savings and a dress that no one knows someone else wore, I figure why not? Just wanted to give you an idea. I loved the dress I tried on, it was simple yet elegant and it wasn`t too heavy so I felt like I could be comforable in it too.
Posted by Trina; updated 10/07/05

I just bought a Maggie at Andrea`s Bridal in Jackson, Ohio. The name of it is Kayla Marie. It was $595, but is was well worth the money.
Posted by Jenny; updated 01/06/06

You wont be dissapointed.I have bought a gown from Abbey Bridal in Australia and I couldn`t be happier with my dress..I cant wait to wear it in September..The price was under my budget and I got my veil for free.The staff were amazing I cant believe the assistant got me into a size 6....we had a lot of fun.
Posted by Kim; updated 03/07/06

I bought one for my wedding and I love it. They`re beautiful, made well, and very elegant looking. Prices range from $1000 and up. Although, you can find them for a lot cheaper on Ebay if you know the name of the dress you want. Just search for Maggie Sottero (Celeste) or whatever the name of your dress of choice is.
Posted by Liz; updated 03/31/06

Watch out for Maggie dresses. I paid 1200$ for Daniella. They sent me a shoddy piece of junk. The bridal shop agreed and we took photos of the poor stiching, the pulls, piles and misstrimmings in the lace, the crazy puckering and misplacement of the seams etc etc etc. And Maggie`s refused to give a refund. Its ridiculously horrible. It is so a case for Small Claims, but I am not wanting to stress myself out anymore over it. I`ve heard rumors that Maggie`s is switching their standard of quality, so beware. I would NEVER recommend Maggie Sottero to anyone further after my experience. Was NOT worth the omeny. And the bridal salon agreed, felt badly and has offered to pay to have the dress re-put together and altered....I am lucky..
Posted by NCNC2; updated 04/11/06

I agree COMPLETELY with the previous post. I have been trying to get a resolution with their company for months! I always try to give the benefit of the doubt. But, it is getting to the point where BBB & court look like they are going to have be part of getting me a resolution! Their dress is the WORST QUALITY thing I have bought in my life- seriously- even taking into account what I buy at thrift stores!
Posted by DON'T BUY MAGGIE; updated 04/29/06

Hi. I`m just wondering if anyone has purchased a Maggie Sottero gown direct from a retailer in the US and then had it sent to Australia? My sister lives in the US (and I live in Australia) so I was thinking of purchasing it from a US retailer, having it shipped to her, and then possibly having her bring it back for me. The gowns i`m looking at end up being almost $1000 Australian dollars cheaper than purchasing it direct from a retailer here! So im just wondering if anyone else from Australia has done the same thing, and if it all worked out etc? :)
Posted by Nadia; updated 05/21/06

The price range is $650-900. I got a maggie gown for my wedding , (it was named michelle) and it was gorgeous. It cost me $800
Posted by Ashley; updated 06/23/06

Anybody get a Rachael...I tried it on today and bought it right on the spot with no real knowledge of Maggie Sottero before. I just got online to check out my dress again...and I almost cried. I cried when I put it on earlier...that`s how I knew it was the one. I check out David`s Bridal earlier in the day and was very "blah" about the other dresses, but this one moved me. Mine was about $678 in Delaware.
Posted by Jen; updated 08/19/06

Where in Delaware did you buy your dress?
Posted by Pat; updated 09/07/06

I purchased the Maggie Sottero "Marilyn" gown
The dress was about $900
It is a limited edition dress, stores are only allowed so many
You will not find prices or pictures found online because the dress is not photographed.
You can try to contact Maggie Sottero through the website but there are really none of these gowns left for sale

How did you here about the dress?
Posted by amy; updated 06/19/07