Turning 15

Hey so I am trying to think of what to do for my birthday (in august) any ideas? I know I wanna have guys and girls and I don`t really want my parents there... Any ideas on where to have it and games and such? I just want it to be really fun and not all that "parental" stuff... Please tell me some stuff!
Posted by K; updated 06/27/05

August is a hot and sweaty time!
Have a pool party! of course your parent will want to be there, so set them to work, like grilling or something. Or if you have a community pool, just go there, your parents might not want to go sit in the heat and watch a bunch of 15 year old kids play.
Posted by party_time; updated 06/29/05

Thanks but I had a pool party a couple years ago and it stunk... Any other ideas?
Posted by K; updated 07/03/05

Uhh, slumber party? or you and your friends can go to get manicures/pedicures. Umm, or u can have a slumber spa party. Hmm, theres always the option of pizza and a movie. Umm, you can go to an arcade type of place. Well, i hope that kinda helps. E-mail me (redskinz08@hotmail.com) if you decide to do a slumber party, i`ve got some ideas for games and stuff!
Posted by party_time; updated 07/03/05

Uhhh thanks but, I want guys and girls... Any other ideas at all? Because I really want it to be a good party and my past ones have kinda... S*cked... Yeaaaaah, help?
Posted by K; updated 07/30/05

Okay pool parties and slumber parties sound boring to you. How about a sock hop? If grown-ups are going to be around, make them dress as their teachers did. You could ask your girls and guys to dress like they did on "Happy Days" (poodle skirts and saddle shoes for the girls and letter sweaters or white t-shirts with rolled up sleeves for the boys). You can get good clothes at vintage stores or just fake it with safety pins, hot glue, and felt shapes.

Food is going to be cheesy, white-bread, fifties stuff like fondue, crescent weiners, a veggie tray with dip, chips, and lots of colored drinks. Stuff you can make up earlier in the day so you can enjoy the party.

Set up a few things to do like a chess set for nerds and some dice near a wall for greasers. Add lots of ribbons and frills to girls chairs and lay down some rugs or blankets, too, with cards or 8-balls or what have you.

You could find a portable record player and ask everyone to bring some 45`s from their family collection. Pick one DJ-type friend to announce the songs or keep the music going. You could also play select songs from bands like the soulful sounds of Weezer or the psuedo-rockabilly of Mighty Mighty Boss Tones. Invite a couple folks who can dance to act outrageous so they will get the party going.
Posted by Mary; updated 07/31/05

Uhh thanks but I was thinking about something more casual, the guys won`t want to dress up.... Any ideas of something I could just manage to do without any dressing up and such?
Posted by K; updated 07/31/05

Sounds like you know exactly what you want, but none of these suggestions are working for you....

Party success is all about ambiance, a feeling of cohesion between the house, backyard, invitations, and food. While hosting a theme party may sound lame, it is the easiest way to ensure everyone will know what to expect, your party atmosphere will be just right (cause you will know how to decorate), and stuff to do is easy to find.

Ok, so a sock hop is out and you feel a pool party is tired. Have your considered a Miami Beach inspired pool party? Think about providing flowers for the girls to wear over one ear. Cuban inspired food and drinks (easy to make them with no alcohol) and even music. You can play regular music too, but some latin music will prompt everyone to lighten up and maybe even dance a bit since the beats are infectious.

Check out my website for pics from teen events I have hosted in the past. I can offer event consultation and do-it-yourself party packages if you are not local to me.

Visit our page for more info: Big Red Boat Parties

Posted by Joni Brennan; updated 08/01/05

Okay so i had da exact same problem and my birthday`s in August too! I decided to have park party, we got permission from the council to set up a bbq and a permit to close of sections of the park! It sounds lyk loads of work but it wasn`t. Everyone had a gr8 day and at night we set up a huge bonfire and had fireworks. People said how gr8 and refreshing it was and I would totally do it again. I hope this gives you a few ideas.
Posted by dani; updated 08/09/05