Need Elegent Themes For An 18th Birthday!!

Well, i`m trying to come up with themes for my 18th birthday party. I don`t want anything crazy..something elegant and classy [not a hawaiian theme or anything..more like a cinderella theme.] i want it to be unique though...something that will suit a function being held at a Hilton Ballroom.
Also, i need suggestions on how to develop the theme [perhaps some ways to emphasize it throughout my 18th birthday program?]
Keep it low-budget please..nothing TOO extravagant money-wise..Remember..ELEGANT and ORIGINAL..
Anyone with expertise is needed!..
Someone please helpp asap!!
Thanks!
Posted by ashley; updated 06/11/02

Since you mentioned the Cinderella theme, I have a few suggestions that may be just what you are looking for. How about a "Shooting Star" theme. You can find Star and Moon centerpieces and decorations, use star confetti on the tables and have stars on the invites as well. Use the same colors in every aspect of the planning (silver or gold and navy blue). This makes for a very classy and original event. Also consider renting a bubble machine for use near the dance floor, hiring a dj, using glow necklaces as favors. I could go on all night with ideas. A few good resources for finding inexpensive favors and decorations are:
Www.orientaltrading.com
Www.sallydist.com

Drop me an email and I can help you put together a flawless event!

Visit our page for more info: Party Emergency
Posted by Nicole; updated 06/11/02

If you do come up with a theme I encourage you to check out our website. We sell favors that I am sure you can find will match your theme and personalize them yourself!
Http://www.geocities.com/personalizedwrappers

Visit our page for more info: Sweetly Unique - Personalized Designs By Leah
Posted by Leah; updated 06/12/02