Quincenera

Hi,
Well I would really like to know how far in advance would someone need to plan? For a quincenera of course. And I would like to know what is it exactly that you need to buy or make sure the quincenera`s have on their special day? I mean details I kind of know your basic little things that I would need to get, but I hear every quincenera has a different twist of some sort.. Lol..I would just like to know. And since I live in a area where this is not much a tradition it is very hard for me to get ideas other than the internet....thanxs
Posted by Margie; updated 05/21/02

I agree with Michelle, because a quicenanera there are alot of details, traditions, and people involved that makes this a success and therefore a coordinator is best . Check the Vendor Llst under coordinator in this website.

Good Luck!
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/06/02

Hello i am having a quincenera in about two months and i would really apprichiate it if someone could send me a few websites where I could view different images of invitations for a quincenera. I would like the price to be low. Thanx for all the help that everyone has provided me with. Thank You!

~Davina (mis quince anos) lol
Posted by Davina; updated 09/03/02

I would really appreciate it if anybody could help with my 15 I only know that I want colors like babyblue , silver, lavender, or lilac please post a message or email me at Lbeli12@cs.com
Posted by Angelgurl; updated 09/07/02

I can tell you what I am doing for my daughters Quinceañera; it might help with some ideas. Most of it I got in Down Town Los Angeles (if you live near there). But if you need to travel a few hours, it’s worth the drive. My daughters dress is ice blue. Her colors are ice blue and white. The shoes will be bought from a woman from Ebay. She puts decorations on these shoes that are so beautiful. She will where them first, then the shoes will be switch by her father to heals at the reception. The ring and her necklace, I also got from Ebay. Her centerpieces are a vase with a girl next to it. I am going to fill it with artificial blue roses and fillers. Those will be given away during her reception by playing a game of some sort by the DJ. Her main table will have at Quinceañera girl with real flowers surrounding her. She decided not to have Dama`s & Chambelan`s. She felt it was too much of a hassle to get together. So, she will have a special dance with her father. It’s very easy to learn the Waltz. If you’re a dancer, then you got it made. You can just watch the ballroom competitions on TV or rent videos. It’s a cheaper way instead of hiring a choreographer. I think. Her father will make her invitations from the computer. They are very inexpensive to do at home. You can go to Office Depot or Office Max. I purchased hers at Office Depot for $20.00 for 50 invitations and reception cards. Her decorations were purchased at Party City. I didn`t get much. I just got some streamers and round balls. Clusters of balloons will be around, in the hall. Her tiara, headpiece, bouquet, photo album, pillow, guest book, ring pillow, doll, scepter, bible and her drinking glass were also purchased in Los Angeles. Her photo album, pillow, guest book, ring pillow, bible and doll will have her date and name on them. They sell them all together as a package very cheap with name and date on them for ($129.00where I went). The most expensive things for her party will be her DJ and food. Let me tell you, what makes the party is the DJ and food. I`ve been to many weddings and Quincenera`s and I saw a lot of people leave cause it got to boring. Just make sure you start off by getting the church and hall reserve and then go on from there. The church or the priest will guide you through what goes on or what you should do during the mass. Plus you have to know what your budget is. It can get very expensive. Don`t be shy to ask your family for help. Usually it’s an honor to ask. They way to ask is that it would be an honor if you would be a sponsor for my Quinceañera? They usually will ask what do you need. The easiest thing to say that your getting donations from family it just easier that way cause it’s hard to just ask them to pay for a specific thing. Then they usually will give you cash or check. Then when you say your thank you speech, you would name the people who helped you. Well, I think I have most of it down. If you need any more info from me, I can try to help out.
Posted by Rosie; updated 09/15/02

For Davina, email me at przherrera@aol.com and I can give you an idea where you can get your invitations for a low cost. Let me know
Posted by Norma; updated 10/01/02

I am doing some drafts and some programs for my sister`s quinceanera and I just wanted to know how do you get accent the "n" on the word quincea"n"eara?? I have tried to figure it out but have had no luck. Please tell how to do it or if I have to purchase some specific kind of software?
Posted by Margie; updated 03/16/03

For Rosie~ I really enjoyed your ideas for choreographing the waltz.... Thanks!
My daughter`s gown will be a ice/ sky blue too! Our centerpieces will be mason jars filled with smooth blue stones and a candle. Maggy isn`t using "damas" either. It really started to become a problem, so I nipped it in the bud....so to speak.
The great thing is the use of our church is free, and we have people volunteering to help our daughter. I just can`t believe how fast these 14 years have gone by.

Davila~ if you have Windows ME there should be a disk for office language tools. YOu need to load the Spanish program, but it is really worth it. Especially spell check, in either language! LOL

Blessings,
Posted by Cathy; updated 03/17/03

Ooops! My bad, I meant to direct the last part of my last post to Margie! I am very sorry!

Blessings!
Posted by Cathy; updated 03/17/03

I don`t quiete get you, I have Windows ME in one pc and xp in another and they didn`t come with no special cd`s. Could I just buy the Spanish software and install it? I am sorry for asking too much regarding this but I just need a little guidance on this issue.

Thank you
Posted by Margie; updated 03/17/03

Hello again,

We have a "Gateway" and when we bought it there was a set of disks with it. Some were system restoration disks, and some belong to the PC programs like "home publishing". Sorry I wasen`t much help.

By the way, we had our first "Vals" practice last night using chamberlanes only. It was an excellent ensayo! The kids were great! (Just thought I`d throw that in there, LOL)

Blessings
Posted by Cathy; updated 03/18/03

I`m doing a quinceanera party for my niece and I would like to get information on traditions, I would also like to get information on where to purchase cheap glass carriages since her theme is Cinderella
Posted by adriana; updated 08/05/03

Adriana...I don`t know where you live but if you go to LOS CALLEJONES in L.A...you can find them there. The small ones tho. I got mine there and everything cost about $200...all together.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 08/05/03

Rosie- can you please tell me what did you go under on ebay to get all those items.

Margie- as for the quincea"n"era all you have to do is hold the ALT button down and push 421 that gives you this Ñ. Hope it helps
Posted by damaris; updated 08/05/03

Margie/ or anyone else:

For the small ñ its ALT 164
For the large Ñ its ALT 165
Posted by yngrandma; updated 08/06/03