Garbage Man Birthday Party

My 4 year old loves the garbage man. We want to have a party that reflects his interest. Does anyone have any ideas?? I am desperate but have several months of panic ahead of me. He can`t be the only kid who love the garbage man.
Posted by shawn; updated 03/19/05

Hi Shawn - How fun! I would love to help you out with items for you son`s birthday theme. We could do bubble wands with trash cans on them. I could also do glasses (polycarbonate so they won`t break) in a garbage man them with maybe trash cans and a garbage truck..?

Visit our page for more info: Uniquely Yours Wedding & Party Design

Posted by Connie; updated 03/22/05

That sounds like fun. Invite a performer ( clown)to dress up like the garbage man and have him bring in a garbage bag
Full of the presents you got him wrapped in funny paper
Or newspaper. Have them covered with that fake slime.
Take small trashcans and fill them with favors.
Garbage candy is actually a sweetart like candy in a mini garbage can. Also you could have a garbage themed
Menu. Dirt and worms cupcakes make with chocolate cup
Cakes sprinkled with oreos over the frosting and topped
With gummy worms. Or a big green frosted cake with
Oscar the grouch favors. Get an Oscar Doll and put it
In a small shiny clean trash can. He can be not only
A gift but , atmosphere. You can think of lots of things
That are garbage themed if you try. It`s very cute he loves
The garbage man. Look around your local party store and
I know you`ll get some ideas.
Make some grape juice punch and put green lime sherbert
On top- it will look disgusting but the kids will love it.
Grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken fingers
For little ones with french fries and red and green ketchup
And barbeque sauce. You can add in some veggies
For the adults. Make some macaroni and cheese
And color it blue. Serve the driinks in little plastic trashcans.
Decorate with sesame street`s Oscar the grouch
And different things you find.
Posted by Kim Catano; updated 03/31/05

Kim, thanks for the ideas. My boy will love them. I found a vendor for the garbage pail candy but I am having a hard time with any small trash cans. (Love the drink idea). Do you know of any sources for small plastic garbage cans? Seems like this is a hot item when school starts but hard to find now. Thanks shawn
Posted by shawn; updated 03/31/05

Would love to know how the "Garbage Man" party turned out. My son just told me that he also wants a garbage party for his 4th birthday--I didn`t think it was possible! I need ideas!
Posted by Chantel; updated 06/27/05

These are all great ideas! My 3 year old is obsessed with trash and recycling! His first word was barrel. Did you ever find a source for the mini trash cans? We are hoping to have a trash and recycling birthday party in July. Thanks for any info or ideas you all may have.
Posted by chelsey; updated 04/18/06

My son is also loves garbage trucks! For his 3rd birthday we are having a heavy hauler party. Being that we can`t find Garbage truck party supplies. But we are doing the mini trash cans with dirt cake inside with the gummy worms for the kiddos, and a cookie cake with garbage truck, dump truck and construction work signs. We have yellow hard hats instead of party hats and tool boxes as the party favors container with tools inside and candy. We found party signs that look like constuction work signs. Dump truck pinata and I am searching for a place that rents out garbage trucks to give the kids rides...or see if one of the local companys will provide this service.
Posted by Tiff; updated 01/06/07

You can also have the party hats be kids hard hats. They have
Them at party city ( the plastic ones). Also ask the kids to
Dress up in overalls or like their idea of a contstruction guy,
Tell them to bring their tools. The caterpillar shovel guys
In your area could be called upon to bring over their vehicles
To give them rides too. You could also do the dirt cake
And put a plastic dump truck on top of it.
Crafts might be fun (depending on what age the kids are)
They could build houses made of popsicle sticks or
Marshmallows spiked onto plastic straws and stacked
Up. Or make gingerbread type houses out of graham crackers and peanut butter and celery and pretzel sticks
Or cream cheese ( since some kids are allergic to
Peanut butter) Or square sugar cookie shapes
Pasted together with frosting and decorated like
Houses with licorice and gumdrups or gummi things.

Since it`s construction.the lego store carries
Really cute favors . Or they could have a lego building
Contest and everybody gets a prize for something unique
About their construction. You can get a huge box of
Legos and everybody can build something.
You could also spell out Happy Birthday in Legos.
I`ll think of more. But the contsruction worker sounds like
A great idea. I`ll try to think of more when I`m out and about.
Posted by Kim; updated 01/07/07

Give us a call maybe we can help you with your garbage man situation
Talk to you soon
Sal from Catrina`s Catering Service
732-642-9209

Visit our page for more info: Catrina's Catering Service

Posted by Catrina's Cat...; updated 01/08/07

Just a thought, but if your children love the garbage man, have him show up for meet and greet....and he could even talk to them about his job. I would pay him of course....just my thought....

Visit our page for more info: Ba Ba Balloons Singing Grams & Kids' Parties

Posted by anna; updated 01/09/07

My son loves the garbage truck too! He recycles and plays the role to a T. In regards to the garbage cans for drinks, you could request mini green bin dumpsters from the city recycling in your area and put the drinks in those. We have 5 from our last city. They are big enough for a kids drink and would add to the party theme.
Posted by Corrina; updated 11/06/07

What area do you live in. Anna

Visit our page for more info: Ba Ba Balloons Singing Grams & Kids' Parties

Posted by anna; updated 01/24/08

I live in Walnut Creek, California.
Posted by Susi; updated 01/24/08

My son is about to turn 3 and he LOVES the garbage man and the garbage truck. For his birthday, we have fought our way to having a city garbage truck come to the house for a few minutes. Also, we have a garbage truck shaped cake. For decorations, it was tough, but we have Waste Management green plates, streamers, napkins, mixed with some white. We are also using our recycling bins as coolers for the drinks, etc. We are also decorating with recyclables such as newspaper flowers, etc. For a game, we have filled a bin with all sorts of paper recyclables (i.e. Trash) and the kids have to see who can find the most plastic bugs in order to win a prize. And for favors, we have canvas recyclable bags filled with garbage truck coloring pages, stickers, etc. And orientaltrading has the best garbage can shaped candy dispenser filled with fly-shaped mints.Good luck with your parties!
P.S. Go to galvanizedpails.com and they have mini trash cans. They are really cute!
Posted by MH; updated 03/12/10

I heard waste management rents a clean brand new truck for kid birthday parties
Posted by apte; updated 01/02/13