50TH BIRTHDAY IDEAS PLEASE!!

MY DAD IS TURINING 50 AND MY BROTHER AND I WANT TO DO SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL FOR HIM, SOMETHING FROM THE HEART. WE DID A SCRAPBOOK ONE YEAR WHERE WE TOOK ALL OF THE THINGS THAT HE HAD SAVED FROM US GROWING UP ALONG WITH PICTURES AND SO ON, AND HE LOVED IT, BROUGHT TEARS, SO WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TOP THAT FOR HIS 50TH SUPRISE PARTY, ANY IDEAS?
Posted by DANA; updated 04/05/02

We have many personal favors for a 50th please email us to decide which is best for you. Maine Gourmet Chocolates.
Posted by JCH; updated 04/08/02

I did a "This is Your Life" book for someone, and it included photos and stories from birth. I scanned them into my computer then printed out the photos and pasted them in a "special book". I then read the whole story at his birthday, and it was very emotional. You might not like this idea though if you have already presented him with a book of memorabilia on you and your brother, but it is something about him rather than about you.

Anyway good luck, hope you find something special to do.
Posted by Kerrie; updated 04/27/03

Have people in another room with a wireless mic and play "This Is Your Life!". For guests who couldn`t make it use a speaker phone real close to an open mic.
Posted by Bill James; updated 04/27/03

I specialize in writing THIS IS YOUR LIFE poems. I learn all about his life and write it all in a great poem which you and your siblings would read to him out loud. It`s a wonderful tribute and a lasting memory.

Visit our page for more info: Poems And Writing For All Occasions
Posted by Eileen; updated 04/30/03

Do you have assess to pictures, etc from when he was a kid? You could do a scrapbook of him. You could start with your grandparents pictures (wedding would be great if you have one) and then include pictures of his siblings growing up,any thing else you can find from his past. I have made various scrapbooks for different family members. I start them with a printed page that says.....THE JONES FAMILY ESTABLISHED1950
Or whatever year your grandparents got married.
Include names of schools, graduation years etc. This would be a great project to include your aunts, uncles etc. Even if they don`t have [pictures they may be a great source of information. Dates etc. And include it all in your personalised journaling.Get whatever you can, almost anything can be scanned and printed.( I even scanned swim metals to include in a scrapbook.) If your parents are still together include their wedding pictures and then you could end it with present pictures of yourself and your brother. I usually have a family picture and title it WE ARE FAMILY....just use your imagination. Good luck...let us know what you decided.
Posted by Jemmy; updated 05/06/03