I AM TIRED!!!!!

I have been planning my daughter`s Sweet 16 for over a year, it is this year August. I have sent out permission slips for the young ladies, allowed them to choose their own gowns and the gown is only $50 and comes with a wrap, I have asked them to send me a payment of $25 by Christmas and the balance by March, I have yet to get it. I kicked them all OUT!!! I am tired of these "friends" and I told her that the entire court will be boys. Since the girls were not mature enough (can you believe that?!?!? it is usually the boys that you have a hard time with) but since the girls were not mature and responsible enough to get it together, then they would not be in it, they can come as a guest. I have to vent here because I feel like screaming. These little "ladies" (putting it mildly) have been her friends for years, I have called parents, no response from them. I have done everything and now MTV has given me an answer on the show and I can only guess it is because I kicked out the whole court and will only allow boys. Is anyone else having problems like this? Help me out ladies.
Posted by Leanna; updated 02/03/05

I hear you, I too am planning a Quinceanera for my daughter in Sept. 2006, and I told her I will only allow maybe 3 friends (girls) to be in it the rest will be cousins or daughters of my close friends that know her. I told her I did not want to deal with any parents not participating, pulling them out close to the event, no way I am not going to go through that. At first she was upset but she can see my point of view now. I told her she can invite all the friends she wants to the dance. I don`t understand why parents commit to letting their daughters/sons be in a quinceanera and then they get in trouble and pull them out, they are hurting the Quinceanera. Gook Luck!
Posted by RC; updated 02/09/05

Hey, i am 14 years old and my quince is in january. I am having the traditional 14 guys and 14 girls, but here`s the thing: most of the girls are my friends from church, or cousins. Most of the guys are mostly guys from church and a few friends and cousins. This solves my problem cuz im having my quince at my church. What i think would be okay is if your daughter invites like two or three friends for the court and have cousins too.
Posted by Emmy; updated 06/14/05

Your daughter should really not have any friends, or if she does, she should have girls that will reallly go to the practices, pay the money, do what they`re suppost todo. During the planning of the fifteens i had 4 damas. They had already practiced and everything and at the ladt minute(3 days before my fifteens) one of the damas came to tell me that she couldn`t be in the 15 because her dad ripped up her dress after he found out she snuck out of the house to go see a guy during the night. It`s not worth it, it`s better if she just has guys.
Posted by Jocelin; updated 06/16/05