Unique Theme

My sister had her Quince on Saturday and the hall that we had it in, said it was the very first time he had this theme. We wanted something unique and I was so ready to help her. Her gown was from Mary`s Bridal and crown was like Glenda the good witch, her aisle runner was painted like the yellow brick road, her cake was so beautiful and the bakery has it on her website. It was very colorful and really nice. I was starting to get tired of it as we took Cinderella slippers and thousands and thousands of red rhinestones to make them look like dorothy`s slippers. The wait staff was dressed up like the lion, tin man and scarecrow. The DJ was dressed like the Wizard and it was fun. My sister and dad danced to Somewhere over the rainbow and almost everyone cried. I loved this theme. No, she does not want her pictures given out to people that she does not know but I am posting this here to let people know that you can choose any type of theme, it doesn`t always have to be Cinderella. If you see something that you like use it for a theme. I hope you all have beautiful and unique Quinceaneras. I do have pictures of the cake if you would like to see that but she doesn`t want pictures of her, the dance or anything else like that shown on the internet.
Posted by Joy; updated 01/31/05

I would have never thought of a Wizard of Oz theme, that sounds so beautiful. I am sure that even though it was a lot of work, your sister appreciated it and loves you all for it. I was getting tired of the whole Cinderella theme myself. It seems that is everyones idea to have that and sometimes it is just better to have something of your own. Nice theme!
Posted by Kendra; updated 02/01/05