Turning Pro

I would suggest taking classes, and workshops and shooting as much as possible. Study photography books. Figure out how someone got a particular shot. If your doing people, study poses and lighting and shoot as many people as possible. Start with family, friends, pets, etc. If you want to do weddings, shoot at every wedding, 8, l0 rolls or more for practice. Don`t throw away those bad shots. Study them and fiqure out what you did wrong. Look at as many websites as you can for ideas. Go to the library and study. Go to their used books section or a Salvation Army store and buy Photography magazines that have articles relevant to what you want to do. That`s how I built my portfolio...shooting anyone who would stand still (or not). It cost a lot but you can only learn in this business by doing it....A LOT. :) And ask questons. You already started doing that. If you have a problem you can`t figure out ask someone who does it. You can also do an internship with someone....work for free or not much in exchange for learning your craft. Good Luck
Posted by Marsha; updated 01/24/05