Backyard Sweet 16 Party Ideas??

I`ve never thrown a party before, but i`m throwing a sweet 16 in my back yard. A LOT of people are coming but i dont know what kind of things to do (games) I have the food taken care of, but please help! I want this one and only party of mine to be AWESOME! its co ed, but no kissing games or truth or dare, thats old.... Thnx!
Posted by ashley; updated 01/22/05

Well I`m doing the same thing, i am probably going to have close to 400 people, but anyways for decorations my theme is my life. I`m making collages and putting a sentimental item on each table. If you want me to help you with somme things you can email me at allys29@yahoo.com
Posted by ~*Ashley*~; updated 01/25/05

Well my sister had her sweet 16 birthday outside and what we did was put a Karaoke machine out their and the just listned to music and sang all night long. Another idea is ask around to all your friends and see if anyone of them has a band or get a D.J. Booth and karaoke all night with the D.J.
Posted by Rebecca; updated 01/29/05

Hey i need help planning mine to but mine is a little harder to plan because my birthday is is November so in GA it`s already to cold to be outside, sometimes. If anyone can help me that would be SWEET!
Please and Thank You!!

Oh and i would definatly play twister! I love that game!
Posted by Becky; updated 07/26/05

I have a good friend who regulalry hosts a halloween party at the end of October in PA and it is usually cold, cold, cold. She has the food and stuff in the house, but lots of times people sit outside not minding the cold. You could make/rent/buy fire pits or chimenea`s for guests to sit near if they are cold. This also makes for great ambiance and you can have a smore`s buffet - roast marshmellows and have a variety of fixins - graham crackers, cookies, chocolate bars, caramels, etc.

Have guests create items or write down memories of the brithday person to put in a time capsule to open when they turn 18 or 21. Guests can bring something or write something at the party.

Check out my website for other event ideas and contact me if I can be of service. I can offer event consultation and party-to-packages if you are not in my area. Www.brbparties.com

Visit our page for more info: Big Red Boat Parties

Posted by Joni Brennan; updated 08/01/05

HELP!!! My daughter will be 16 on December 10th. She lives in Hastings Michigan, I need some clues on what to do. She only wants about 10-15 of her friends there but I dont know what to do? It is cold there and cant afford to take them all to a nice sunny place. Any suggestions??
Posted by Shannon; updated 11/17/05

Well call me a kid but try a bounce house even us fifteenth year old`s like to jump then if it`s warm you could have a slip in slide or some thing to do with water so it could be kind of a theme party you could call it back to the good days
Posted by sarah; updated 02/08/11