Quincenera In Oklahoma

Okay, here`s my situation. I am planning my sisters quincenera but the problem is that we live in Oklahoma and we have NO family here whatsoever. They all live in El Paso, Tx, so me and my mom will be doing this by ourselves. I`ve been to a few quinceneras when I was younger (I`m 21 now) and I remember some stuff, but I don`t even know where to begin! We live in a pretty small town (16,000 ppl) and theres not that many Hispanic people here. I could probably count them! I live 45 min away from oklahoma city, which has a larger hispanic population which I`m sure I`ll find all the stuff I need. Debbie (my sister) will be 15 on June 15, 2006, so that leaves us with like 17 months to plan this. So, can someone please point me in the right direction? Also, how much did yall spend on ur quincenera? Just wondering, money really isn`t an issue with us, but we`re not millionaires either. Thanks in advance!
Posted by marisela; updated 01/05/05

I know how you feel my daughter will be 15 in sept and all my family is in new york i have found some good site go to ask.com and type in quincenera and it will give you alot of site also i will send you one where i have gotten ideas for favors www.daisy-days.com
Posted by rosa; updated 01/08/05

Hey I live 25 minutes from Oklahoma City ...lol... I had my Quinceanera on Dec. 25th in Mexico...but I got everything here...My parents spent a little over 3,000 dollars. That included renting the tables, chairs, the place,etc. Be more specific on what you need help on, and ILl be glad to help! Also...I got my dress at Pomp and Pageantry in OKC, they carry all of Mary`s Bridal dresses, you can look at them at marysbridal.com.

-Drea
Posted by Andrea; updated 01/11/05

Thanks for responding! Ok, my main concerns are catering, tables & chairs, band and/or dj, cake, photographer and the limo. I have no idea where to get/rent/hire these items b/c i live in a small town so I will have to go to the OKC, which I`m not very familiar with. Since u had yours in Mexico, you probably didn`t get any of these things here, right? Well if u did, please let me know the places....I`m sure you`re more familiar with the OKC than me....LOL
Posted by marisela; updated 01/12/05

Oh yea, I forgot something...a choreographer! We have no idea how to do the valz or any of the dances. Do you know of any choreographers or where we can learn the dances?
Posted by marisela; updated 01/12/05