My Sweet 16 November 20, 2004

I had my sweet 16 on November 20, 2004 and it definitly was the best day of my life. I started planning a year and a half before the big day because I wanted everything to be perfect. I really wanted a simple party at first concidering I`m not hispanic but alot of my friends are and they somehow convinced me to go the whole way just like all of their quinceanera`s plus in my culture we do debutant so I was going to have a big party sooner or later. I hope no one on this board is offended by this but I`ll keep going on with the story. So, I had a court of 7 Couple and one extra friend who worked as my special helper. So, the girls came over at 2:00 to help me get ready. There were 8 girls in my tiny bedroom plus my dress, which was basically the size of another person. The boys all came dressed up at 2:30. It was so funny because some of they boys were like my oldest frends and they were all so cute in their tuxedos cause most of them never get dressed up for ANYTHING. The photographer and videographer came at 3 and the escalade limo at 3:30. Tt rained that day so we couldnt go to the park for pictures like we planned but me and my friends had fun riding through town in the limo and everyone being like OMG whose that. We even stopped at Starbucks. I couldnt get out cause I didnt want to walk around in this huge dress but my friends brought me something back. By 6:00 we got dropped off at Dave and Busters, where my party was and we had to walk through the whole mall to geth there because the limo couldnt go through the parking lot ramp. So, I walked through the mall and even had to go up an escalator because the elevator was being remodled at the mall. There were alot of pointing and stairs and people making fun of me and my partner cause they thought we were getting married but that was their own stupidity. My party was in a private room at D&B called the showroom, so it`s not like it was in the middle of all the games and everything that would have been dumb lol. So, there were like a 100 guests and at 6:15 we were announced into the room. My partner walked in with my mom, and I walked in with my dad where he changed my shoes and then we did the waltz. Since EVERYTHING was Cinderella, my shoes were a clear vinyl type that looked like a glass slipper. After the last twurl from my dad, I clicked off my shoe under my dress and ran away with my dad out of the room. So after everyone realized I "lost my shoe" my partner went around to all the girls in my court and asked if it was theirs while I dusted around the room with an apron on. Then he finally "spotted me and asked me if it was my shoe and of course I said yes. I did the candelighting then and instead of doing individual songs the dj looped 16 candels in the backround. Then we ate dinner and danced the night away afterwords. The cake was great and there was alot of funny stuff with people getting it all over my face and saying I ate it just like when I was a baby and all messy. It really was the best night ever and I really felt like Cinderella. If you want any advice email me and I`d love to help. I`ll be putting pictures up soon!
Posted by Courtney; updated 12/13/04

Hey my name is dennise n datz koo ur tried something different well mine is gonna be on june 4 05 and i want my theme to be cinderella can u hellp me out e-mailed me ay madstylepricnezz@yahoo.com
Posted by Dennise; updated 12/13/04

Hi my name is Vanessa. My sisters quinceanera is August 2005. I was wondering if you could help me. Her theme is Cinderella as well. My email is vlo913@yahoo.com
Posted by Vanessa; updated 12/13/04