$$$Cost$$$

I was just wondering how much you guyz spent or are spending on ur quinceanera. Like how much was ur decorations, music, food, ect and how much was it in total?
Posted by Mari; updated 11/03/04

Since I got a bunch of people to be my padrinos of stuff, we`re not spending on that much stuff. I`ve been saving $$ in the bank for this so i`m planning to use $1,000 on food and around $300 on dress. I got padrinos for video, doll, salon, etc.
Posted by Nataly; updated 11/03/04

Lots of $$$, my parents are paying for it. My quinceaƱera is next year in July we have started early all the preparations and have also hired a consultant. It could be up to $10,000-$12,000.00, but because I am having a huge quinceaƱera- My Mom is from Central America and my Dad is South American family members coming form both places. I guess I am lucky $$$ is not a problem. It all depends of what you are doing and what your parents can give you no matter or big or small it will be your day and great.
Posted by Isa; updated 11/03/04

I am doing my daughter` s Sweet 16. Since she has not had a party since her 1st birthday, I really didn`t want to put a price tag on it. The hall/food/decorations/ DJ/ Photographer & Videographer is $10,000 package deal for 4 hours, the dress, shoes, jewelry & accessories is $1200, Cinderella cake $800, Favors $700, the presentation items $1000, the gifts about the same and transportation is $1200 (Hummer Limo for ladies & gents) & $500 Horse & Carriage for her & dad. We bought her a car and had a lesser version of pimp my ride so that is what took us over but she is worth it as her grades have always been great, no teenage problems so far (Thank You LORD!) and she is very responsible. Her trip for the summer with Girl Scouts is $1500 plus spending and then our cruise with her as a birthday gift so we planned for the past 2 years and it may be approx $20,000 but we figured in all the gifts and parties that we didn`t give her for birthdays and put them all in one. She isn`t big on birthday parties but she promised that we could do this one special one for her so we are going overboard a little because she wouldn`t let us do parties for her in the past. I think that no matter what a parent spends, it is still special because a parent who is spending $5000 and if that is all that they can afford, then they have spent the equivalent of what I am spending.
Posted by Mika; updated 11/10/04

Mika, I think that is nice that you are doing that for your daughter. I can see why you are spending so much money. My parents and family are doing all of the cooking, very traditional foods from home and we rented a hall, rented the buffet tables, sternos and things like that from a party rental place. They didn`t spend a lot but it is going to be nice. My Tia Mary is decorating for me because she does a nice job and she is doing the favors so I think we are spending $6000 on everything but just as you said, ours seem like it is $20,000 because they are taking their time to do this and they are giving me what they can afford so thanks for making my parents feel like millionaires. They were able to give me a party for every year and for special occasions so if I put all of that together, that is my $20,000 party! Thanks and I hope you all have a great party.
Posted by Yahnis; updated 11/10/04