Quinceanera Items Help

Hi i was wondering if anyone can lend me a hand on what things my daugther needs for her 15th celebration as far as church padrinos items and out of church padinos items need ideas.Thank Terry
Posted by Terry; updated 10/27/04

Each Quinceañera service may vary from congregation to congregation, but most include similar essentials:

• The priest or minister welcomes everyone to the ceremony with a prayer to ask God`s blessing.

• Selected scripture readings from the Old and New Testaments are read based on the "theme" that the quinceañera, her family and the priest/minister have discussed prior to the ceremony. Often times, the court shares in the reading of these scriptures.

• The quinceañera and/or her court often renew their baptismal vows during the ceremony.

• A thanksgiving prayer or dedication is said by the quinceañera, offering her now more mature, adult life as a woman to God`s service.

• The quinceañera may light her baptismal candle during the ceremony.

• A change of shoes is sometimes brought: changing shoes from flats to heels signifies her passage into young womanhood.

• During a Protestant ceremony, a presentation of 15 red roses is made to the girl herself. In Catholic ceremonies, roses are presented to the altar of the Virgin Mary. In a traditional Mexican Catholic service, the roses are given to the girl by one of her sponsors and together they place them on the altar of the Virgin Mary.

• A blessing to the quinceañera is demonstrated in the presentation of five gifts from her family or sponsors:
1. A rosary or Bible and prayer book to keep the word of God in her life.
2. The crown, which designates her as a queen before God.
3. The cross and necklace or medal which declares her Christianity.
4. A ring or bracelet which signifies the unending circle of God`s love.
5. Earrings remind her to hear God`s word.
Posted by Mika; updated 10/27/04