Quincenera

I am looking for ideas for center pieces.
I am looking for balloon decorations.
I live in Dallas, so if anyone can give me information on places I can go to. Thanks.
Posted by Rosa Flores; updated 09/18/01

I liked the Precious moments Idea and I have found a dollar store that carries the figurines, but I dont know how to arrange them. Colors will be spring colors like, yellow, pink, blue, green. Her dress will be a silky blue kinda of like a wedding dress material.
Posted by Rosa Flores; updated 09/24/01

You people out there do you not know that Quinceanera means 15 year coming out party. It does NOT symbolize romance! Cinderella was a love story not a child story and precious moments has romantic conotation. What does all of that means to a 15 year old?
Posted by unknown; updated 11/23/01

To Unknown:
This means a dream of being a cinderella for 1 night and @ 15 they start dreaming of the boy that they think they are going to fall in love with. And @ 15 it means alot to a young lady.
Posted by Rosa Flores; updated 11/26/01

Im having a 15 as well from dallas and i believe its to show that a girl is becoming a woman and learning to be responsible! whoever wrote that other message (unknown) was very clueless.
Posted by britt; updated 02/17/02

I am going to have a quincenera in June and I really would like help to plan my quience from people who have been through one. I am starting off fresh and with no ideas so can someone please help me I have 1 year and 4 months to plan. I live in Fort Worth, Texas. Iwould really apprecate the advice on prices and ideas too. I am looking for cheap but pritty things lol . I would really appriciate it so much
Posted by Lydia Lopez; updated 02/18/02

Email me and I`ll send you all the details of my daughter`s quinces.

I`m selling some Quince stuff at http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=ma-l&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25
Posted by Crystal; updated 02/25/02

To the unknown person who replied about the Cinderella idea.I think it is a very good,unique idea.I also agree with the other ladies that replied to you. I am 14 yrs. Old,and it seems to me that all you are thinking about is the "party" and not worrying nothing about coming forth to thank the Lord for the first fifteen years of your life.
Posted by unknown; updated 03/15/02

Hey i have been through a great quincenera and it is so much fin to plan i have lots of experience if you need any help e-mail me i can help you with ideas and anything you need to know.....
Posted by Silvia; updated 04/15/02

Hi,
Well I would really like to know how far in advance would someone need to plan? For a quincenera of course. And I would like to know what is it exactly that you need to buy or make sure the quincenera`s have on their special day? I mean details I kind of know your basic little things that I would need to get, but I hear every quincenera has a different twist of some sort.. Lol..I would just like to know. And since I live in a area where this is not much a tradition it is very hard for me to get ideas other than the internet....thanxs
Posted by Margie; updated 05/21/02

I would plan one like if it was a wedding or just a regular birthday party. It doesnt have to be traditional anymore. You can hold the pary whereever you want. Start off with your basic colors and work from there. If anyone would like i can make them a check list for it. The only thing big that you have to work on is the dancing. Thats all up tp you if you want a traditional dace.
As for your precious moments you can stack paper mache boxes and make a cake to match your colors plus you can ad flowers going around. You can even put a candle on top with little plastic numbers hat say 15 glued everywhere plus you may want o throw glitter around. I would also hang ribbon from the top.
Binkys creations@aol.com
Posted by BINKY; updated 05/22/02

I am very interested in having a Quincenera, but i am lost on how to. I have never had one before and i have never gone to one...how many guests to invite? what to serve? where to have it? does there need to be a theme?....these are some questions i have. Will someone who has had one reply to me please.
Posted by monica; updated 05/26/02

HAVING A QUINCES IS THE MOST EXCITING DAY IN A YOUNG LADY`S LIFE. I HAVE HAD THE JOY OF CELEBRATING TWO QUINCES. BOTH MY DAUGHTERS WERE CROWNED REINA DE SUS QUINCES.. WITH THE HELP OF MY HUSBAND AND BOTH OUR FAMILIES WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL QUINCENERA`S. THE MOST PRECIOUS MOMENT WAS TAKING BOTH OUR DAUGHTERS TO GOD`S HOUSE , TO RECEIVE THEIR BLESSING. IN A TIME WERE SO MUCH EVIL TORMENTS OUR YOUNG PEOPLE IT IS OF MOST IMPORTANCE TO REACH THEM WITH GOD`S LOVE AND HIS HOLY WORD. A QUINCES IS FIRST OF ALL, A DAY WERE A YOUNG LADY IS RECEIVING HER BLESSING FROM GOD, PARENTS, CHURCH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I CROWNED BOTH MY DAUGHTERS, AND AS I CROWNED THEM, I THANK GOD FOR THEIR PURITY. MY HUSBAND CHANGED
THEIR SHOES FROM ADOLSENCE TO WOMANHOOD. MY MOTHER ( THEIR GRANDMOTHER ) WAS BY MY SIDE AS I CROWNED THEM SHE IS BLESSING TO ME FOR SHE HELPED RAISE THEM AND SHE IS A CANCER SURVIVOR SO I FEEL GRANDMOTHERS ALSO HAVE A PART IN THE QUINCES CEREMONY. YES THE DECORATING AND DINNER PARTY ARE ALSO IMPORTANT, BUT KEEP IN MIND YOUR DAUGHTER `S PRIORITY IS TO FEEL LOVED, BLESSED AND SPECIAL ON THAT WONDERFUL DAY!!! E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED IDEAS.
Posted by PRINCESS; updated 06/24/02

Princess, i need your ideas but how can i email you?
Posted by carla; updated 06/26/02

Posted by cindy; updated 06/26/02

Hi girlies
I`m a mexican girl in desperate help since I`ve never planned for a 15 before so anybody please espond my email is Sweetstuff77530@yahoo.com
Posted by cindy; updated 06/26/02

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT LIGHTHOUSE1131@yahoo.com WILL FEEL BLESSED TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR QUINCES... PRINCESS
Posted by princess; updated 06/27/02

My friend is planning a quincenera and her theme is basically "a midnight dream" i need a checklist and everything in the traditional mass and reception.
Thanx...email me at angier@brooksdata.net
Posted by Angie; updated 06/28/02

Dear Unknown,

You are right today the young emphasis too much in this romance. I believe that they need to instill more in life than finding what you called a "Prince". She is not clueless. "Quinceanera" symbolizes Childeren entering adulthood. Maybe you girls might try to get some history behind this beautiful event. A traditional Aztec event, it did not begin with you "Girls" but for all 15 years old children. And if you new your Mexican hertiage the tradition became a Christian event, therefore, the church recognized it as a holy event and blessed the ceremony. It represents "Children" ( not girls) entering adulthood, that does mean finding the boyfriends or as you call "prince". Adulthood means responsiblilty, goals, acheivement, and making the world a better place.

Enough of that I think these Quinces are in the party mode not the TRUE MEANING of it.

Miss or Ms Unknown thanks for the great advise. Its funny but I don`t understand why the kids are planning there own quinces. Where are the MOMS?
Posted by Unknown No 2.; updated 06/29/02

I`m a 14 yr. Old planning my quinceanera. My mom wants everything her way and she got really weird ideas and wants eveything her way not mine so i told her that it was my party, i was going to have everything my way adn i told her that i can do the planning myself. Now adays moms want everything their ways.thanks for helping mom but its my party.
La flaka
Posted by la flaka; updated 06/29/02

Flaka:

Get real. Mom is pay for the event. I truely believe mom looks out for your happiness. I suggest that you and mom talk it out, rather that who`s way it is. I think the event is memoriable not just for you, but for mom too. You see mom also, has to face up that her little girl is a grown up. Don`t reproach her. It should a happy day, but yet it can be a sad day for mom. Flaka`s mom please work with her. I think you should be apart of this specail day.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/06/02

To Princess:
How and where did you crown your daughter(s)?
My 2 grandaughters will be celebrating their 15 on Aug 17,2002
Posted by Hope; updated 07/09/02

I CROWNED MY DAUGHTERS DURING A SPECIAL CEREMONY AT CHURCH. IT WAS VERY EMOTIONAL. I THANKED THE LORD FOR THEIR PURITY AND THE BLESSING THEY ARE TO MY LIFE. I CRIED... I QUOTED THE BIBLE, TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL LEAD YOUR PATH. YES IT WAS AN HONOR AND MY MOTHER WAS RIGHT BY MY SIDE. WE BOTH HELD THE CROWNS TOGETHER AND PLACED THE CROWNS ON THEIR HEAD AND DEDICATED WORDS TO BOTH OF THEM. GRANDMOTHERS ARE SUCH A GREAT BLESSING....I PRAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED TIME WITH YOUR GIRLS AS THEY CELEBRATE THEIR QUINCES.. GOD BLESS, LOVE PRINCESS
Posted by PRINCESS; updated 07/09/02

Ok to unknow no.2 MEXICXAN GIRLS AREN`T THE ONLY GIRLS THAT HAVE QUINCENERAS IM NOT TRYING TO PUT DOWN THE MEXICANS OR ANYTHING BUT THER ARE OTHER LATIN CUNTRIES THAT DO 15ERAS AND EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW IN THE WAY A 15ERA IS SUPPOSE TO GO AND BECAUSE THEY ARE PLANNING OF A 15ERA DOESN`T MEAN THER MEXICAN SORRY IF THESE PISSES SOME ONE OFF JESSICA
Posted by Jessica; updated 08/10/02

Thats true i had a quincenera and i`m cuban and we made center pieces by getting dolls that were wearing the same color dresses as my damas at the dollar store and put flower rings around them they`re were really pretty.
Posted by Andrea; updated 08/11/02

If you go to your ,mall than there are really cute stuff in the mexican bridal shops
Posted by lauren; updated 09/08/02

To: UNKN #2

WELL SAID ......I AM A DAD OF AN ALMOST 15 YR OLD. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.......AFTER THIS PARTY MY DAUGHTER IS READY TO FINSH HER EDUCATION ..... AND BECOME A DOCTOR,LAWYER OR INDIAN CHIEF IF SHE WANTS TO ....NOT SOMEONES WIFE

THANKS
Posted by cst; updated 10/17/02

I WANT A KIND OF ROMEO AND JULIET SORT OF THEME. WHAT KIND OF IDEAS CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE FOR ME TO HELP?
Posted by LISA; updated 10/18/02

Im doing my quincenera and i want a romeo and julliet theme and i dont know where to start with that theme i need some help i never done one before
Posted by heather; updated 10/20/02

Like unknown #2

Heather and Lisa why don`t you save it for when you get married, not on your quince.

I hope your parents do not agree to this riduculous therme.
Posted by Helpful; updated 10/23/02

Hi, I`m 15 going on 16 and I`m having a sweet sixteen in the form of a quince. I have no clue of what kind of theme I want. I would appreciate some comments if anyone has some about a theme for my event.
Email: CoquitoRallado@aol.com
Thanks
Posted by Mila; updated 10/26/02

Andrea im cuban also and im having my 15s next year maybe in may or april... I need some advice on the color of my damas dresses im having like a pale pink like a baby pink dress and the 2 colors like my dress color and my damas dress color are going to be the color of my flowers in my bouqet u know? well if anyone has advice please email me at JenDaDancinChica@aol.com i would love your advice thanks a lot in advance

Jennifer A.K.A Jen or Jen-Jen
Posted by Jennifer; updated 10/30/02

Hello:
I am replying on your help for centerpieces I have great ideas if you are intrested you have email me and I will be more than happy to help you.
Posted by Monica; updated 11/09/02

Need centerpiece ideas
Posted by isabel; updated 11/17/02

Monica i need your e-mail address so i can e-mail you in regards to centerpieces. I need some help with centerpieces.

Thanks, Beatriz
Posted by Beatriz; updated 11/19/02

Hi,
I am completing a ten minute presentation on Quinceneras for my Spanish 4 class. If anyone knows of any web sites, that post good information/ pictures please e--mail me. Thanks!
Posted by Alicia; updated 11/30/02

My sister and I will be having a Sweet Sixteen and Quincenera in late July of 2004. We have already bought red plates, napkins, cup, silverware, ect.. I didn`t want the color red but my mom did; we are now trying to think of a theme with the color red. Please help me! I was also thinking about a red, navy blue, and silver (July 4th theme) since the event will take place in July. Thanks for any ideas! Please e-mail me at oldnvy138@yahoo.com
Posted by Briana; updated 01/07/03

Do you have your Photographer yet, I service the USA.

Visit our page for more info: Model Images Photography & Video
Posted by Nina Porras; updated 01/08/03

I need some verses or quotes for a quincenera guest book fo the main page.Anyone I need help.This will be in March15 2003

Thank-you
Posted by Lou; updated 01/09/03

Hello everyone...
I am a mom helping her daughter plan her "Quince Años". The only conflict my daughter and I have had is whether to hold the ceremony here in the US where her close friends and my family are or in Morelia with my husband`s side of the family.
Although her "Quince" is not until January 10th, 2003 we have everything except the valtz worked out.
My daughter being a January baby is having a snowflake / winter theme.
I think she has decided only to have chamberlanes so that none of her close girlfriends feel left out.
Outside of our church we will have 15 glass luminaries lining the sidewalk. You can use glass mason jars with candles and ribbon. In-expensive and elegant.
Table settings white table cloths with blue squares catty-cornered; small glass bowls with blue stones and blue or white floating candles and peppermint candies with gliiter scattered around.
Being a winter theme white lights and light blue tule will be used. After Christmas sales will more than likely fit our budget well.
Favors can be as simple as buying "Hershey Hugs and Hershey Kisses", wrap them in tule and on the computer make up tags saying..." Hugs and Kisses from_________
Thank you for sharing this important step in my life!
January 10th, 2004"
We also will have a decorated timeline of my daughter`s pictures.
I have written down the party part, but the church ceremony to our family will be the most important part.
Being from Central Penna. Where there are not a whole lot of Latino families, and because my side of the family is not Latino we will have an explanation of what a "Quinceñera" really means inside of the bulletin.
My daughter will be choosing 2 close friends to read "Psalm 1 and 1 Timothy 4:12 scriptures relating to purity. With in the ceremony my husband and I will be giving our daughter a lighted candle signifying her carrying her own flame/ responsiblity; her mentors a bible to remind her to keep God`s word in her heart; I will place her pendant/ necklace on her neck, and then there will be a special place where my daughter will receive a ring from her dad. There my daughter will make a promise before God and her guests to remain pure and keep her ring as a symbol only to be given one day to the man will spend the rest of her life with.
Obviously communion will be a part, she will be annointed, receive a blessing and give a testimony of what God has done in her life, what she is thankful for and her plans.
During the reception we will have the presentation, and valtz. We will also have the brindis and dancing. There her zapatitos will be changed, and she will cut her cake. My daughter will give her little sister a porcelin doll to signify leaving behind her childhood, and my husband will in turn give her a porcelin doll as her last toy. My son will also present his sister with 15 roses.
I hope that this post wasen`t too long, but gave some ideas to some of you.
My oldest daughter will not be crowned as that will be reserved for our youngest.
By the way, thank you all for your ideas and the list of excellent web sites.

Blessings!
Posted by Cathy; updated 01/12/03

Ok, im having a quincenera and i heard that there is a story that goes with what the ring symbolizes and soo forth and i would really like to have that read when the gifts are being presented so if you have that story or know where i can find it please email me at LILSHORTY7634@AOL.COM
Thanks alot
Erica
Posted by erica; updated 01/13/03

First I have one quick comment to make regarding all these threads up above that talk about "why make a quinceanearas party of cinderella" and "romeo and juliet is a ridiculous theme" I think it is nobody`s business what people decided to do for their parties and I thought this was a message board to get ideas and share information not to critize and judge. If you don`t have an answer or suggestion to the postings then keep your opinions to yourself.

On a second note, Can someone please share any interesting websites that has good information on quinceanera ideas and decorating Thanks!
Posted by Emma; updated 01/14/03

Hello everyone!!!
I`m having a Quinceanera in June 2003 and I need some ideas for centerpieces, colors, and decoration. The theme for my Quinceanera is going to be Hawaiian, we are going to give out some lays and decorate hawaiian style. I wanted the table cloths to have little palm trees(hawaiian style looking), but I dont know where to find them and I need them to be at a low price range. If anyone haves any ideas or information please e-mail me at MistyDancer03@yahoo.com THANK YOU!!!!!
Posted by Missy; updated 01/16/03

Your going about this the wrong way a 15nera is a mexican tradition i dont mean to offend you if your hawaain. But i dont think you should decorate that way.
Posted by carmen; updated 01/16/03

Hey u guys.
Wat do u think about the colors navy blue, silver and black for a quinceanera? i want to do these colors because i personally think that the pinks and baby blues are being done too often. Im not gonna have a theme because i`d rather do a color scheme.
Posted by maribel; updated 01/19/03

I said before that i wasnt gonna have a theme but now im starting to like the precious moments idea. But i dont think that precious moments goes well with my color scheme of : navy blue silver and black. HELP!
Posted by maribel; updated 01/19/03

A girl who evr tol u that a 15 was mexican lied to u! b/c imcolombian and my momos had one and im having one! my cousin did one and even sum of my friends who are cubsn NOT mexican did it! so u needs to get ur shyt str-8 b4 u come on here saying its mexican! gurl! n i wouldnt be proud to say its only mexican b/c nothing these days are just blah blah blah!naw mean!
Posted by nani; updated 02/05/03

Nani

I dont know who ur talking bout but i read ur post. Quinceaneras did originally start in mexico (i think with the aztecs). Quinceaneras are also in many other cultures and have different traditions. Like Puerto Ricans have quinceaneras but they call it Quinceaneros (if im not mistaken). So I think ur the one that needs to get her shyt straight!
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/05/03

Well sorry to tell u its not just mexican! it evryone! i hope u don think u special b.c u mexican or something b/c any1 can do a 15 if they want and w/e way they want so it aint just mexican!
Posted by nani; updated 02/06/03

THATS WAT I SAID!
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/06/03

HI GIRLS,
HAVING A QUINCEANERA, IS A BLESSED EVENT. I HOPE I AM ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH THIS SHORT INFORMATION. " MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED YEARS AGO THE PROUD INDIAN NATIONS OF LATIN AMERICA HONORED THEIR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN WITH THIS KIND OF FESTIVAL... TODAY THE TRADITION NOT ONLY SURVIVES, BUT FLOURISHES IN LATIN AMERICA AND THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.

QUINCEANERA IS A GREAT HISPANIC TRADITION. IT IS BOTH A THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION OF A GIRL`S FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY, AND A SOLEMN REAFFIRMATION OF HER FAITH AND A BLESSING FOR HER FUTURE.
I HOPE AND PRAY THAT EACH YOUNG LADY CAN HAVE THE QUINCEANERA THAT SHE SOLELY DESIRES. DON`T LET ANYONE MISLEAD YOU. PLAN YOUR THEME AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME SHARING YOUR IDEAS WITH YOUR PARENTS AND BEST FRIENDS. DON`T FEEL DISCOURAGED IF OTHER PEOPLE DON`T AGREE WITH YOUR THEME.
IT`S YOUR QUINCES AND THE REALITY OF LIFE IS THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE 15 ONCE IN A LIFETIME. I CELEBRATED TWO QUINCES AND THEY WERE BOTH FORMAL. I LIKE THE HAWAII THEME, I MADE MY DAUGHTER A HAWAIIAN LUAU FOR HER 13TH BIRTHDAY. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. GIRLS REMEMBER WE ARE ALL LATINAS . HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME CELEBRATING YOUR QUINCES.......GOD BLESS YOU ALL. LOVE PRINCESS
Posted by princess; updated 02/09/03

MARIBEL,
I LOVE YOUR COLORS. VERY ELEGANT AND FASHIONABLE. I WOULD HAVE THE GUYS WEAR BLACK TUXEDOS OR SUITS, GIRLS WOULD LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN NAVY BLUE GOWNS OR DRESSES. THE GIRLS COULD WEAR SILVER ACCESSORIES AND YOUR HALL DECORATIONS WOULD LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN NAVY BLUE AND SILVER. YOUR TABLE CENTERPIECES COULD BE IN SILVER AND NAVY BLUE BALLOONS!! HOPE THIS HELPED YOU OUT. LOVE PRINCESS

MARIBEL,
I LOVE YOUR COLORS. VERY ELEGANT AND FASHIONABLE. I WOULD HAVE THE GUYS WEAR BLACK TUXEDOS OR SUITS, GIRLS WOULD LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN NAVY BLUE GOWNS OR DRESSES. THE GIRLS COULD WEAR SILVER ACCESSORIES AND YOUR HALL DECORATIONS WOULD LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN NAVY BLUE AND SILVER. YOUR TABLE CENTERPIECES COULD BE IN SILVER AND NAVY BLUE BALLOONS!! HOPE THIS HELPED YOU OUT. LOVE PRINCESS

MARIBEL,

Thanx but everythings totally different now.Im not gonna have a traditional quinceanera anymore.;

We went to Sam`s Club today and we saw like this really cute big gazebo type thing for like $500 and then a table with chairs that matched the gazebo for $600. And me and my mom started to think that we could buy that and fix up the house and the backyard and have a party instead of the traditional Quinceanera. At first I was like "Nooooo, I want to have damas and chambelanes and do all the tradtional quince stuff". But then I started to think about it. It would be kinda of fun. And the gazebo and the patio set would cost the same as the hall and the bonus is that we would now have a patio set for the yard.

Im still gonna have a dress and a big cake though. :)
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/09/03

I dont think Im gonna do the home quince anymore.;
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/10/03

MARIBEL.,
THAT`S GREAT YOU AND YOUR MOM HAVE MADE A GOOD CHOICE. A QUINCES DOESN`T HAVE TO BE TRADITIONAL . IT`S YOUR QUINCES!! MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL AND REMEMBER TO INVITE YOUR MINISTER OR PRIEST TO PRAY GOD`S WONDERFUL BLESSING UPON YOUR YOUTH. LOVE PRINCESS P.S. I SAW THE PATIO SET AT SAM`S IT`S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Posted by princess; updated 02/12/03

Well said "Princess" !

Blessings!
Posted by Cathy; updated 02/24/03

Iam planning for my 15 my dress is going to be a baby pink but i can`t find the perfect color for my damas i don`t want another pink because my mom says it draws attention away from me and i really dont want my 15 looking like a basket full of easter eggsiam kind of want a light glittery color what color should i have??????HELP
Posted by melissa; updated 03/16/03

Iam planning for my 15 my dress is going to be a baby pink but i can`t find the perfect color for my damas i don`t want another pink because my mom says it draws attention away from me and i really dont want my 15 looking like a basket full of easter eggsiam kind of want a light glittery color what color should i have??????HELP
Posted by melissa; updated 03/16/03

Hey i just had a 15 and would like to help you just give me your e-mail adress and i will try to send you some pictures of my table decorations. Just give me a call. And i will be glad to help you.
Posted by Noemi; updated 05/06/03

I need information and history of the event called
Quincenera
As soon as possible i am doing a 17 page essay on
Hispanic traditions.. And its due the 22 of may 2003.
Any other traditions would be great too..
Thanks send emails to roberts16@charter.net
Chris
Posted by chris; updated 05/12/03

Quincenera
Chris

Quincenera
Chris

Hi girlies! I`m having a quince next year somewhere around October and I need ideas on the colors and theme. I was thinking about having a Hawaiian theme or something. I was reading the other messages and got lots of ideas, I`m not Hawaiian but it seems like a creative idea and this is something that I`m going to remember my whole life so I want it to be the best! I kinda want to show my guests what kind of person I am with my theme and that`s when I came up with the Hawaiian theme. Besides not that many people choose The Hawaiian theme so it`d be cool. Anyways if anyone has ideas they like to share with me please post it!!!!!!!!!!! thank you
Posted by *crystal*; updated 06/03/03

Hi girlies! It`s me again. I was just talking to my mom and she said that my idea about the Hawaiian idea was not tradition and that my dad wants it to be tradition. That kinda put me down about the Hawaiian idea so I`m just going to do it the traditional way, but that`s not what I want. :(
Posted by *crystal*; updated 06/03/03

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR DAD DISAGREES. BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS A COOL IDEA. I KNOW [PARENTS WANT THE BEST FOR THEIR KIDS AND I AM A PARENT SO I UNDERSTAND. I BELIEVE YOUR QUINCES WILL BE BEAUTIFUL AND VERY CREATIVE. HAVE THE HAPPIEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE PLANNING YOUR QUINCES WITH YOUR PARENTS AND FAMILY. REMEMBER YOU CAN HAVE A HAWAIIAN LUAU ANYTIME!!!!! ALOHA , LOVE PRINCESS
Posted by PRINCESS; updated 06/05/03

I am planning a quinceneara for my daughter in 10 months. I have the church and hall. Any ideas on a theme and where to go from there.
Posted by Virgie; updated 06/09/03

I want some ideas to decorate a church and hallroom for a quincenera. Can you help me to find some great ideas please.
Thanks.
Posted by leonila; updated 07/16/03

Hey... I just wrote this in another message board

My mom and aunt are puting floating candels in a small bowl, with flowers aranded aroung the centerpieces, and then either blue or pink colored water, and /or pretty crystals in it.
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/16/03

Im having my quince this January of 04`. My theme is Cinderella . Anyway we had found some glass carriages but they were way to much so I was wondering if any of you had found some at a good price in the Dallas area. I would appreciate it greatly if you had any info.
Posted by -; updated 07/29/03

My husband and I have been invited to a Quinceaneras. We have recently gotten to know the family of the yound lady, and consider this a great honor. Not having attended a ceremony of this nature, I would appreciate any suggestion as to an appropriate gift. Thank you, Judi
Posted by Judi; updated 08/11/03

Hey, well I`m having a quinceanera in february 7, 2004.
I have decided that I want it red and white. I pretty much know what all the significants are. My mom is from Mexico, my dad is from El Salvador, and I`m from East Los, but we live in La Habra.when reading this messages I realized that a lot of people is talking of themes for the quinceaneras, but I never knew we needed one. Well changing the subject I would like some help of you guys. I`ll appreciatte all your help. I have five months left so please hurry. I got the ballroom, the church, the music, and the rest I need your help. What I mostly want is the decoration and if there`s a theme whit the color red. Also give me your opinion, what would look prettier red or ruby red?????????
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME,
E-MAIL: cumbiambera99@hotmail.com
Posted by vanessa; updated 08/12/03

HI EVERYONE IM HAVING A PROBLEM , cause im not sure about what can be the center pieces of each table . And my quincenera will be in 6 months and the color i want is lavender , please help me out girls that all ready had ur quincenera . Send me some pictures i will really appreciate. Thank u
Posted by mayra; updated 08/14/03

Yeah i live in dallas too and iwent to oak cliff and on the
Street jefferson there is alot of shops if you go i
Recomend the shop called mariellas.
Posted by abby; updated 08/14/03

I am having a quinceanera for my daughter in 3 weeks and we went to Trailer Village in Grand Prairie and got her some table decorations. They are carriages in the shape of a heart with the doll standing in the middle. I paid $10 a piece but they are very pretty have lilac lace on them. I will try to take and picture and email you one.
Posted by Martha; updated 08/19/03

Hey well what colors are your damas dress and stuff and like what other stuff do you have because the ballons and the center pieces she match ur dresses of your court too. I dont know what else you need to give me more information if you want to email me at Jewel580@hotmail.com
Posted by Yalisse; updated 08/25/03

Hi! Yall
I wasnt goin 2 have a quince but my mom and sister convinced me to am having it next summer around June I want a really big one so i need some advice on how to save money and where to get my dress and all that stuff i live in Aurora IL so if anyone wants to give me any ideas at all e-mail me i was thinkin like a white and red wine kind of color theme but am not sure yet so please help me out on everything i need to know

ARBM65@aol.com Thanks
Posted by Angel; updated 09/05/03

Angel y don`t u go to marysbridal.com they have very pretty dresses there and for a reasonable price!!!!! Well good luck!!!!!!LATERZ anything else e-mail me at poohlover71289@yahoo.com
Posted by Alexia; updated 09/05/03