Sweet Sixteen

My 16th birthday is in April and i have no idea what to do for it.
Posted by Camilla; updated 10/20/04

Well it depends on what you can spend. I am in the process of a party that is happening in 5 days, I stay home with my 2 year old and my only other child is the Sweet 16. As a stay home mother the budget is very tight, however I will probaby spend about $500 - some people send much more and some spend much less. I feel like this is probably the last big birthday party and it will be something she will remember and cherious forever. It started out I was going to get off much cheaper but about $300 will be spend on a surprise limo that will pick her & her friends at school and they will have pizza while joy riding in the limo , this is her gift from her step-father & I she will get one other small gift (14k gold & faux ruby hear shaped earrings) cost $20 on sale. We have not been able to pick out clothes that she likes for some time now so this will not have to be returned to the store. That will be on her actual Birthday witch is on Friday 12.3 then on Saturday she will have a boy/girl party, which is an open house from 2-6:30 pm,I am fixing up my garage (attached to home) so that the teens can have their own zone and family not of the teen years will have the rest of the house. The garage will be decorated with, lights (Christmas Icicle white lights) & things I purchased on clearance after Valentines Day so get out there for decoration and plates etc. Because you won`t find many HEARTS after February. I got plates napkins & decorations. All lighting will be from Icicle Lights & Candles, Floating candles in round bowls and the red & clear rocks in bottom. Colors will be red,white & pink. I made a picture colloge on posterboard.

The one thing I can not find and my teen can`t even tell me is WHAT GAMES will teens play. I am trying to get togethere a name that song type of game where you get points for knowing a line from a song and bonus points for knowing the artist. We are probably going to get the most recent edition of Trivial pursuit.

Good Luck
Posted by Lorrie; updated 11/28/04