Money Problems

I need help how to save money for my quinceanera sould i save up or all the damas:girls help save money for dresses and shoes and food and a place to have it at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by lynn; updated 10/09/04

You parents take care of your quince as well as you get your sponsors to help. I have never heard of a child paying for their quince but we are in a new century so "You Go Girl!!!" See what your parents will do first and then go from there.
Posted by Mika; updated 10/10/04

Well we are kind of short on cash too but my aunts and uncles are my sponsers like my godpparents are paying for my dress and other family members are paying for the cake and music you know the big thing you dont really have to do it that way but that is one way you could do it and you know the old fashion way to look around for that best prices too good luck gurl
Posted by sandra; updated 10/10/04

Hello Lynn; quiceaƱera can be very expensive these days. You know your family situation better than anyone else My cousin had her quinceanera last year and she had a great idea- instead of all the damas wearing same dresses they got to wear the dress of their choice but in the same colors. All the damas relatives and friends and for the guys they wore black jeans and a white shirt. Since my cousin is a cheeleder, she had a Cheeleader Teacher helped her choreograph the whole thing. She rented videos of waltz and different dance lessons and it was very nice what they put together. The reception was held at our grandparents house in the backyard. One of my cousins work at a car dealership he got his boss the lend him 10 luxury cars the best jaguars. The Neighbors across the street works at a japanese private garden he also spoke w/his boss and the most important pictures were taking there. All Tables chairs, linnen dance floors pillars and pretty much everything was rented. My aunt spoke with the owners of the party store and they got a good deal for reception supplies. Lynn is a lot of work when money is short but the satisfaction that you get will last you a lifetime. Also it helps to have lots of friends and family that are willing to help with $$ and labor. Remember someone always have a friend that have friend that could give you good deals.
Here are 2 e-mail address that can give you ideas
Www.crafta.com
Www.downtowncrafts.com

Best of luck.
Anna
Posted by Anna; updated 10/10/04

Yes well thank you all for the great things to do but it is just that i have to save up money cause my mom and dad are trying to get i house also and i really need more i think it is a great idea to sell things at schoollike candies are make something our self to help my perants make the house and they don`t have to worry about the things for the quinceanera and we could probly reach the goal and maybee my perants just might not have to pay the half price so i just need to keep working on it so i wouldlike more ideas also so thank you very much for the BIG HELP`o` and also should like try to get people to give donations i don`t really think that is a good idea????
Posted by lynn; updated 10/12/04

How crafty are you? You can make thing to sell, you can sell baked goods at your church. Have a fundraiser at your church so that other folks can donate baked goods and you sell them. Also you can have a piggy bank from AC Moore or Michael`s craft store and decorate it with gowns and rhinestones and put Mi Quince on one side and put a sign around the neck that says please feed the piggy. Your friends will put in a dollar, I am sure. Sell the dollar candy bars that will give you a 50/50 collection. They also have lollipops that cost 50 cents and that gives you a quarter on each so that is another 50/50. Have cousins and aunts sell the candy at their schools and jobs. Ask local bakeries for donations on your cake. Tell them that you will print their names on your program for other people to buy their cakes from them. Explain your situation like you explained it here. Like people sponsor weddings, people will sponsor your quince. There are places that have ladies gowns for $50 and let them wear their own shoes. See if you can find someone to donate decorations or see if stores can give you a discount. I have found so many discounts just by asking the owners of stores. I go into the Gap and ask for the employee discount and they never ask if I am an employee, I usually get the discounts. If you go into a store and tell them, I am having my quince, my family is not millionaires and I want this to be a day to remember so I am asking you if I buy this, can you donate anything to my party. It doesn`t hurt to ask. I have found that many places will help for a good cause and will help if you state, "I will list your store`s name on my program. You do not have to list them on the program but an insert inside the program, I would like to thank the following stores whose donations helped to make this a great day for me: Lilly`s Bakery, donated the cake. Something like that. If you need help with anything else, send out a message to all Quinces who had their day already who may want to donate items or sell items for cheap to you. You may find things that will help you out. You can ask Walmart to donate a TV to you and print out chances for people to win a chance at a TV. You can sell the chances for $1keep all the profits to go towards your Quince. My daughter got a TV, CD player, DVD and Kareoke machine from our local Walmart to raise money for her Cheerleading squad. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Leave your e-mail if you want more suggestions and help.
Posted by Mika; updated 10/13/04

My email is
Nara12131@yahoo.com
Posted by lynn; updated 10/16/04

Lynn (and only Lynn): get your parents permission and write back on here a yes or a no and then I will e-mail you the information. I can provide the doll, photo album, guestbook and pen but I need you to tell me your colors (and you have to respond soon). Do you have a theme? What is the date of the Quince? When you respond, give me that information and I will get the things done, e-mail you pics and send them out (which is why I need parental permission because it involves you giving out your address). Do NOT leave the address on here. I will use your e-mail address to contact you further.
Posted by Anonymous!; updated 10/20/04