Quinceanera Dresses

We would like to buy a quinceanera dress on line from a company called, Dresses By Lilia,
The prices are really great but I was hoping someone could tell me about the company, and whether
They liked the dresses.
Posted by Roberto; updated 07/19/01

I have bought one of their dress and it was great. The dress comes so that you can alter it easily. I wish I had bought my other daughters wedding dress from them.
Posted by Carol; updated 07/21/01

Her dresses are very ugly they have too many BOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by domitila; updated 01/19/02

You go girl!!!

Those Lillie Dresses are so divine, especially in chiffon!! They are so gorgeous, I think I might cry tears of joy. Let me know how it goes girlfriend!!!!
Posted by Raphael; updated 01/22/02

They are very ugly they are cheep but very ugly if i were you i wouldn`t be caught dead wearing that piece of crap.
Posted by essy; updated 02/20/02

Those are some of the most cheapest and uglyest dresses i wouldn`t be caught dead in one of those.Do you want to look fancy or like a old fastion cake?I would ask my self that before i bought one of those dresses.
Posted by Rocio; updated 04/19/02

No i think the dresses are very distasteful

Sorry
Domitila
Posted by domitila; updated 04/19/02

What kind of dresses do you have
Posted by mabel; updated 04/26/02

Hey I bought a tiara,gloves,Photo Album from Dresses by lilia and their great prices were totally cool I adviseyou to buy from that company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Susana
Posted by Susana; updated 05/15/02

Hey sorry to tell you this but i hate those ugly disgusting dresses. They have too many bows and they have ugly materials i would never buy the kind of dresses that have too many bows the kind that they sell here.
I suggest to find another dress and website.
SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!SORRY!!!
Posted by Jackie; updated 06/09/02

They are really pretty, don`t listean about all those bows, some dresses have some others don`t they are not pieces of crap and don`t go by what people think of them i got mine because that`s the way I wanted it, no because I wanted to look good in front of peopleif you want it there, buy it
Posted by marilu; updated 06/16/02

You kids are sorry! No one is making you wear them, but everyone to their own. If we all thinked alike it would be perty boring. You would not had the opportuinity to vent out on this website. Now would you? Maybe, you kiddos that criticize those dresses, would SPEND TIME inventing something to your liking, rather than SPENDING TIME " hurting other peoples feeling".

You girls that like those pretty, frilly and lacy dresses. More power to you, keeping the tradition alive. I PERSONALLY love to go to "Las Quinceanera`s just to see what the Quinceanera is wearing.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/06/02

Hey "helpful"i`m one of those people that liked only one dress rom that site and hated the others. To tell you the truth, they do have too many bows and some are ugly but i really liked the other one. Also, we are not hurting anybody`s feelings. He asked us what "we"though" ok. If he didn`t want to listen to us then he woulnd`t have posted the message but fortunately he did. So people were kinda rude saying really bad things about them but if you just simply say "i don`t really like them, thay have too many bows"ok so helpful don`t critize because i bet you think that some dresses are ugly in that web sites too even though you probably like one.
Posted by ana; updated 07/07/02

Ana:

First of all, I suggest you go back to school and learn how to spell "thought" not "though".
Secondly, maybe you need to read my last message again and maybe you might get the jest of it, because I did not "criticize" anyone.
Third, where I come from "crap", "hated", "ugly" are harsh words and can hurt someones feelings.

FYI! I did not see the website, so I have no idea what dresses you are referring to. But that is beside the point, what you think is ugly might be pretty to someone else.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/07/02

All the "many people" who said bascially the SAME thing about being ugly, cheap, distasteful, too many bows, etc. Are probably all the same person. Notice how they say the same thing?? well i think that the dresses are very nice along with the other things
-kat
Posted by Kat; updated 07/14/02

HEY CYLINE
GET A EDJUCASHUN. SHUTUP!!!!! & GO BACK TO SKOOL GRLFRIND.
Posted by UNNON; updated 07/21/02

Her dresses is o.k. I mean they ain` all that but they ok i`m getting my quinceanera dress from a place in chicago they got nice dresses there dresses are very very pretty and long and just beautiful but it`s to expensive the lowest cost is $650..00
Mine is $950.00
Posted by Lorena lafuente; updated 07/29/02

I think the dresses there were ugly,but you should see for your self first.Well Kristen you go girl for telling"helpful" off.Because we`re simply noting our opinion as they asked.I hope you find a nice dress para tu quince.
Posted by Nikky; updated 07/29/02

Hey Mary, you obviously didn`t pass english class so heres a little lesson to help you along the way!

1) Jus is spelled JUST

2) Speach is spelled SPEECH

3) Jealus is spelled JEALOUS

4) Cus is spelled BECAUSE

5) Idoitic is spelled IDIOTIC

6) Tha is spelled THAT

7) Littel is spelled LITTLE

8) Idoits is spelled IDIOTS

OK CLASS WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED TODAY! ?
FINISH SCHOOL OR YOU`LL END UP LIKE MARY
Posted by KRISTIN; updated 07/30/02

Kat:

I believe you are right, in looking back at all the messages it has to be "same person". That person can not only not write but can not comprehend the messages. Since she does not understand plain english maybe I will go to her level.

YOU:

Hey why don`t YOU (jackie, domitia, essay, rocio, ana, cylene, flaka, nikky and kristen) get up from the cactus your ass is on.

I too have an opinion, and my opinion is that I think everyone has an opinion and has the freedom to express them, but I don`t understand why is has to be down right rude, crude and NASTY like the way you (jackie, domitia, essay, rocio, ana, cylene, flaka, nikky and kristen) express them.

You are not only rude, but I guarantee that you must USE people. Reading your message giving advise in how to get your padrinos to pay your quince just because is COLD.

I think I`ll not pay attention to your nasty self. You are like a rotten apple that spoils the barrel.

Good luck turning into an adult and hope that I NEVER bump into you in my life, because you (jackie, domitia, essay, rocio, ana, cylene, flaka, nikky and kristen) are poison.

Kat:
I have not seen the dresses that they are talking about, but I kinda figure they are nice dresses. I just can not believe they are that ugly, maybe different. It would funny if the dresses all looked alike. I think the designer did not purposely make these dresses to be ugly (as everyone is saying) but just different. I thought this message board was to get ideas, get advise, get the history and may get help with regard to our tradition (Quinceaneras).
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/04/02

Ok first of all helpful are u even hispanic cuz it sound to me like your not and I HAVE seen those dress because im looking for one of my quinceanera and they do have to many bows girl at the age of 15 aren`t really into the hole bow thing
To the first message
Ok i think u should get something that your daugther likes because it is her party and shes gonna wear it and if u can`t find on like that on the internet the find someone that knows how to make dress and have ur daugther tell her what she likes and see how much it will cost
Posted by Jessica; updated 08/04/02

Hey Helpful - I thought I`d never hear from you again since my last message to you seemed to shut you up!

Why don`t you change your name to "not helpful," because that`s what you are!

The people in this forum are asking for advice and the responses are very straight forward, if you can`t handle it, stay out of it!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/16/02

Tonta cylene:

Did I get you mad? I had to go to your level in order to get my point across because evidently you do not understand what I am saying. But let me ask.
You tell me and your audience what it means when a mother WISHES that her 14 year old daughter could find a 17 year old young man like Joseph for a boyfriiend? Bet you can not answer this one question without rambling on. Don`t think to hard, you might get the runs.
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/18/02

Helpful, you really need to get a life.

When I referred to Joseph, it was becuase he sounds like a nice young man. He is only 2 years older than his girlfriend. I still don`t let my daughter have a boyfriend. And if you`re going to quote what I say, then you need to quote everything I say. Not bits and pieces to make me look like an irresponsible mother.

I don`t encourage these kids to speak bad language. But, I`m not their mother and I`m not going to tell them "now, now, kids, don`t say bad words." Please...

You have no idea who I am and what I`m about. DON`T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY DAUGHTER! You`re nothing but an ignorate person, who claims to be an attorney (which you can`t even spell the word "attorney" correctly). You sound like one of those people who came from a Rancho, who now thinks she`s all high and mighty! You`re probably one of those people who have chones hanging on the fence and roosters in your back yard. You sound like trailer trash!

Get a life girlfriend!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/19/02

Helpful, maybe I need to get to your level to get my point across to you:

CHINGA TU MADRE, PENDEJA!
Posted by deedee; updated 08/19/02

Dresses from Lilia are very ugly they are from the year 1950`s.newmillenniumwear dresses are way better.
SO if you are looking for a nice dress go to
Newmillenniumwear.com.
Lilia dresses are so ugly, I`ll rather not were a dress for my quinceanera,then wearing Lilia`s dresses.
WHO EVER THINKS I AM RIGHT ABOUT THIS WRITE TO ME AT bebeangel69@hotmail.com
Posted by Rocio; updated 08/19/02

DeeDee:

Your are absolutely RIGHT. You are not their mother, and as a responsible adult that is a mother you would think that you should not encourage vulgarity, and pimping. How would you like if your daughter was seeking help and someone like you encouraged her to go for it or someone was giving advice to a boy that liked your daughter and said "Wow, she should be honored to have you as a boyfriend!"

Have you heard that we as adults should show our children "good" example not just your own. But all children and MAYBE the world would rid of violent, vulgar and misguided children.

What`s the deal with your insults? That I from the Rancho or from the Trailer? I don`t get it. Let me ask you, what is wrong with people from the Rancho who has a rooster in the backyard? Are you calling these people ignorant?

What do you mean high and mighty? I never said I was and if I come accross that way I am sorry. All I was doing is stating my opinion and what I believe is right. And guess what? I will continue. If you don`t like oh well. You get a life.

Hate to diappoint you but NO I am from the city. The second city of world at that.

There you go again with your vulgarity. Do you not understand what it means getting to someones level? I am not cursing you. But you just proofed my point. Thank you.
Posted by Helpful; updated 08/24/02

Their dresses sucked they look all ghetto. Her style is soo last season ,might as well go to the good well.
Posted by Martinez; updated 10/21/02

I read the message about the dress and I went to the website. Those dresses are uuuuuuuugly. I also need a dress for my quinceanera, so I have been looking at some. Some look like wedding dresses and some look like the frosting on a cake
Posted by Morrison; updated 11/28/02

After I posted my message I went ahead and read some of the messages other girls have posted. Those are some pretty harsh things you guys are saying. If the guy likes the dress, he should go ahead and buy it. Everyone has their own taste.
Posted by Morrison; updated 11/28/02

OK you guys i have had it this is sabosably sabos to be a word so that more people would want a party sry but if you dont like the dresses go look some where else you guys are so lame!
Posted by crystal; updated 01/02/03

The dresses are horible but guest books and stuff like that you can save money and buy from there beacuse they are cheap!!
Posted by Flaca; updated 02/16/03

I agree with Flaca.
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/17/03

WHAT I AM HEARING FROM OTHER PEOPLE I DON`T THINK THAT YOU SOULD GET A DRESS FROM THEM
Posted by Esmeralda; updated 02/26/03

You know...I have to agree with Rosario. Am I the only one who thought that this site was actually an advice site, rather than a "bash each other out" site? I mean, c`mon, get with it! I don`t mean to say this to be rude, but I really think the ones who are doing all the arguing are really not so mature. Don`t you feel like its all little kid games that we used to play when we were back in Junior High? If you gals are at least of age, I suggest that you start acting like it. At least just let the other person say whatever it is they wanna say and leave it at that. Cause in the end you`ll look like the smart one. Lets continue with the advice, and leave the Junior High games behind, unless of course you are in Junior High.
Posted by Lyric; updated 02/28/03

Hi i think some are nice but i dont think they are in style because teey are too fluffy and to many layers if you made thoes in the 80s they would be cool but i duno its jsut my opennion! good luck in everything you do! god bless!
Posted by saidy; updated 03/04/03

I think the best idea about having to get a quinceanera dress is to get one made to your taste of likability. I am having a sweet sixteen in July and I am getting mines made at a reasonable price, those who have comments on ugly dresses because i know i was one of them will be better off getting it made to your style.
Posted by khrystal; updated 03/22/03

Quinceanera, vestida de blanco estas, quince anos pasaron ya, tus anos de infancia, no lo olvidaras......
Posted by nikky; updated 03/26/03

Quinceanera, vestida de blanco estas, quince anos pasaron ya, tus anos de infancia, no lo olvidaras......
Posted by nikky; updated 03/26/03

Hey davidsgerl! well for my sweet sixteen my theme is cinderella and im getting my dress made with a few baby blue embroidery in it the go with cinderella because i didnt want an all blue dress but anyways with the dress my madrino de zapatos got me clear cinderella shoes its real cute. Maybe you should try that theme if thats your type of style and taste.
Posted by khrystal; updated 03/27/03

Hi khrystal yea i already have a theme its cinderella too!
Except i have liac in my dress i have almost found everything but thats kool cuz looks like we have the same
Posted by davidsgerl; updated 03/28/03

I wore my dress and i saw a dog eating cheese
Posted by mike; updated 03/31/03

Person, i dont have any words for you like i said it dont matter and i dident start talking mess you did and mike we all noe that you some stupid lil white boy so u need to shut up and mexicans are not dumb you are you faget
Posted by davidsgerl; updated 04/01/03

Hi everyone,
My name is Claudia and I own Dresses By Lilia. Here is what I have to say.
Our Unitalla dresses are purchased from Mexico, and these style dresses are very popular there. If they don`t appeal to some people within the United States, that is OK with us because we know we can`t please everyone.

But to call our dresses cheap is an offense to Mexican craftmanship. Moreover, we accept, without question, any returned dress.

Our desire at Dresses By Lilia is to provide every Hispanic girl the opportunity to have an affordable celebration.

Thanks,
Claudia
Posted by Claudia; updated 04/16/03

I really recommend www.marysbridal.com. It`s a great website with really nice dresses.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 04/23/03

I reccomend angelsgarden.com!!
Posted by Cica; updated 04/24/03

Yea i have been to that site I was going to buy a dress from there but i got it from this other place. But yea they are real cute.
Posted by khrystal; updated 04/25/03

Those dresses are all like wetback and shit they are fuckin ugly i was lookin adress for my little sister and i was all do i hear viva mexico cuz it sure looks like it!
So people who are looking for really nice dresses go to davidsbridal.com
P.s: helpful- you are retarded!!!
Posted by julius; updated 04/29/03

Those dresses are cheap and very ugly. Go to www.arnettslaboutique.com then go to the link about quinceaneras
Posted by megan; updated 05/03/03

Hey girls

I bought my quinceanera dress with everything I need for only 650.00 dollars and my dress was very beautiful. I would suggest that you visit this site
Www.newmillenniumwear.com.

Cristine
Posted by CRISTINE; updated 05/26/03

I`ve got a small suggestion for everyone who thinks that they can go around bad-mouthing dresses that they don`t like. STOP BEING SO STUPID! If you don`t like the dresses then say so. Just simply say, I don`t really like the dresses. Don`t say that they are cheap (which by the way isn`t spelled cheep in any dictionary in the world!) ugly, and have too many bows. Maybe people like bows, its all up to them. I`m not saying that people are not entitled to an opinion, but be considerate of those people who made the dress and manufacture dresses with "too many bows." Just because we like in the year 2003 mean we have to have the latest things. Sometimes things that aren`t "hip" are good..so stop being stupid and go get a life.
Posted by Stephanie; updated 05/27/03

I have to Agree with everyone that says they are UGLY, because they are. Of course other people may think their beautiful, and I respect that, but for my taste, thats just nasty, I wouldn`t want to wear something like that to my quince. Hopefully my dress will be perfect when the time comes.....!!!
~Bonita Muchacha
Posted by Bonita Muchacha; updated 07/06/03

Please let us see the dresses before we can judge them
Posted by mariana; updated 07/26/03

All yall are just a bunch a haters yall just be haitin` but to all those peeps that hollered a good holler,i holler to u! holler back at ur dog! but to all those peeps that just be haitin all i gotz 2 holler at yall is asscuze me but yall just ghetto haitin haters that don`t know good fashion if it went up ur ass and gave u collan cancer! but yea holler!
Posted by mayra and patty; updated 08/02/03

Instead of looking at these dresses u should go to google and search for quienceanera dresses u can find not only the lillia dresses but alot of BETTER ones
Vannessa
Posted by vannessa; updated 08/04/03

Hey wazz up my quinse are on september 2004 i need a beutiful dress so people will like it and say is so beutiful i had already chosse one but people dont like it and they dont say anything when they see it so then i`am going to chosse another one plaese help me or email me at lababygirl2004@hotmail.com
Posted by la baby girl; updated 08/11/03

U SHOULD GO GO HERE THEY HAVE NICE DRESSES..... Http://amyleebridal.com/searchgown.asp?page=1&dress=5000
Posted by ANAID; updated 08/11/03

Look don`t talk what you don`t know k , If you been in Mexico you would know what a 15 anos dress k, Those dresses that are shown here are the dresses my mom wear , But the dresses that they make now in Mexico are nothing compare to thoses that are shown in this page k
Posted by Greece; updated 08/14/03

FO REALS I AGREE WITH GREECE DRESSES NOW A DAYZ IN MEXICO DONT LOOK NOTHING LIKE THAT!
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/23/03