Quincenera

I'm looking for my 15 doll, but i cant find one. Can someone help me?
Posted by Melissa; updated 06/28/01

Hi, I bought a doll and made a replica of the girls dress for the doll. Buy two dolls, a party barbie to throw and have another doll made as a keepsake doll. If need help e-mail me. Manuela
Posted by Manuela; updated 07/03/01

Hey Manual i think well email me at chicafea69@hotmail.com and we can discuss this
Posted by Melissa; updated 07/06/01

FYiThe tradition is using a porcelain doll as your last doll. I know these types of dolls are expensive, but you can find part porcelain dolls inexpensive and redress them to match your dress. You might have to adjust their rag bodice by taking the stuffing out. It's EASY and quite elegant. To top it off the doll comes with a doll stand for keepsakes.
Posted by Dolores; updated 08/04/01

Thanks for the tip; I was not aware of this exquisite tradition...Can you help me find a sample of a toast for a quinceanera?
Posted by Blanca; updated 08/05/01

I AM PLANNING MY DAUGHTERS QUINCEANERA AND I NEED HELP IN THE CHURCH CEREMONY. WHAT DO I NEED TO GET FOR THE CHURCH CEREMONY. ALSO A KEEPSAKE DOLL.
Posted by BEATRIZ; updated 08/05/01

I AM PLANNING MY DAUGHTERS QUINCEANERA AND I NEED HELP IN THE CHURCH CEREMONY.
ALSO ON HOW TO DECORATE THE CLUB AND THE PARTY FAVORS. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THE INTERNET AND FOUND A COUPLE OF THINGS. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!
Posted by BEATRIZ; updated 08/05/01

I have some information on quinces if you would like my help feel free to e-mail me at mdvene@hotmail.com. I enjoy helping people with quinces, mexican weddings and other special events. I found the quinces interesting when I found out it was orginally was celebrated for a young man at the age of 13 by the Aztec. I have only seen two presentations for boys. The tradition was later changed for a girl by the Spanish.
Posted by Manuela; updated 08/05/01

Beatriz, Give yourself a theme to work with for the decrorating ideas. Ie Cinderlla, favors can be candy filled glass slippers, frames w/your daughters foto as a child, little fans w/flowers. Centerpieces can be 4/5" flower pots painted white w/name and date and a single cinderlla type doll surrounded by flowers, 5 x 7 frames decorated with flowers, perals and ribbons and a favorite scripture, saying or even her picture. I have a lot of ideas to share if you'd like. The most important in the church is have a fresh bouguet of flowers for the Virgin Mary to be presented by your daughter. Also don't allow your daughter to be crowned in the church that honor belongs only to the Virgin Mary, do it at the reception. Manuela
Posted by Manuela; updated 08/09/01

The Church Ceremony sometimes depends on the church's policy. First, if you are Catholic you should pay homage to Our Lady of Guadalupe with flowers. Second, depends how many sponsors the quinceanera will have. Wil she have a sponsor for her medalla, bracelot,rosary, ring and/or her headpiece that should be blessed by the priest? The party tiara and church headpiece are two different and optional. The party tiara is presented to the quinceanera by her mother. If you are in Dallas, Texas and need professional help I do coordinate 15th parties and as well as the choreographing of the waltz and presentation for a reasonable fee.
Posted by Dolores; updated 08/11/01

Best wishes in planning your quince
Here are some ideas that may help:
~If you send an email to latinabridequince@listbot.com there is a quinceanera list you can sign up for It's great they give all sorts of ideas
~You can check the local library for books on planning a quinceanera.
~I custom make capias for Quinceaneras and baby showers If you need any help or have further questions Please feel free to email me or check out my site new photos coming soon
Http://www.BellaFavors.com
Posted by Rebecca; updated 08/16/01

This message is to Dolores please contact me.
Posted by Rosa Flores; updated 09/18/01

Hi im having a quinceneta too and i know where to get a doll but i live in seattle wa but i can get the number for you the dolls are beutiful well i will get back to you soon!
Sincerly Chelsea
Posted by chelsea; updated 12/16/01

We recently held my daughter`s quinces and we made a doll dress to match my daughter`s on a barbie type doll. Email me, I`ll send you all the details of our party.

I`m selling some items at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1707454353&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1014759984&indexURL=0&rd=1
Posted by Crystal; updated 02/25/02

Dolores, Please email me with how to contact you. My daughter is having her quinceanera and I REALLY need help, ideas. I am about an hour from Dallas.
Posted by Candy; updated 06/03/02

Hi, I`m just starting to plan my daugters quinceanera, I don`t know where to start. I tried to book the church and they say I have to wait until 9 months before. Isn`t that a little short? Please help and let me know where I can start now. Thanks
Posted by Tina; updated 06/04/02

Candy and Tina:

I suggest you look in the Vendor list under coordinator in this website.

I think is it best you find a coordinator/party planner to plan this special event in order to be successfull in this big fiesta. The best is find someone that specializes in Quince and familiar with al the traditions.

Good Luck, remember what this symbolizes.
Posted by Helpful; updated 07/06/02

Manuela i like the idea for the quincnera doll i am looking for juss a barbie one. That has the same dress and stuff can you help me? you can email me at marissaronquillo06@msn.com thanx
Posted by mari; updated 09/23/02

There really is a quinceanera barbie....and did ya know that barbie was adopted by mexcans???? she the blond one in the box...it should have been theresa...i have her though.
Posted by mandy; updated 12/09/02

My mother p/u one at Big Lots (AKA Pic N Save) for 8.99. The front of the box does say quinceanera barbie. The barbie is hispanic. Has a beautiful dress and accessories. The dress is white with pink flowers. My daughters color theme is baby blue, so my mother put baby blue ribbon wherever the pink was.
Posted by deedee; updated 12/09/02

MELISSA, BARBIE HAS COME OUT WITH A QUINCEANERA DOLL. YOU CAN ALSO BUY A DOLL AND HAVE SOMEONE MAKE THE SAME TYPE OF DRESS THAT YOU ARE WEARING. DID YOU KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE GRANDMOTHER GIVE THE LAST DOLL TO THE QUINCEANERA REPRESENTING THE CHILDHOOD THAT SHE IS LIVING BEHIND.
Posted by IGGY; updated 12/13/02

DELORES, I LIVE IN DALLAS AND I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO CORDINATE MY DAUGHTERS 15TH AND CHOREGRAPH THE WALTZ. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.

ALSO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A CHOREGRAPHER OR CORDINATOR IN THE DALLAS AREA PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO: BECCAGTAY@HOTAMIL.COM
Posted by REBECCA; updated 12/27/02

For my daughters` party we got several porcelain dolls dressed in a green gown like she had....and we even got a barbie quinceanera doll for her to keep...she passed one down to her younger sister....gave one to her grandma, I kept one and the others she kept...we decided this way so everyone was please and the dolls weren`t so expensive...we got some good bargains on ebay.....there is a web site for quinceaneras dolls, the prices are good.. It is http://www.dressesbylilia.com. I hope you have the greatest time in your party...if you would like to see some of my daughters pics in her party go to http://home.earthlink.net/~namvet2.....I am having another party for my youngest in July but it is going to be very traditional while my oldest daughter wanted a fairytale like party, and she got it...everyone is still talking about it....have fun!
Posted by Sory; updated 01/19/03

Hi, my name is rosie and i`m having one too in june but i need to find some dress can you help me?you can find some dolls at any website and type in quincenera dolls,or items and you will find some
Posted by rosie; updated 01/28/03