Church/Preacher

Ok I just asked a preacher to do the ceremony for my daughter`s Quince. I saw him do another a few weeks ago and really loved how he did it. WELL!!! he turned me down :( so now what do I do????? The Quince will be Oct. 2005...any suggestions will be very much appreciated. OH we are not catholic, and don`t go to church anymore. But we are Christians, just don`t go to church. Does that make sense???
Posted by gloria; updated 09/14/04

You have a whole year, may be that will give you time to start going to church. A quinceneara is a celebration of the young girl and a recognition of her journey from childhood to maturity. The celebration highlights God, family and friends with music, food and dance. You need to understand God should be #1 in her life. There is always time to start. I am not preaching, but it is time that the quinceanera knows what the celebration is and it is not all about music and dancing (even though they are fun) I am sorry , if I have offended you in any way but when I saw your message, I felt like I had to write. I will pray that you will find a good preacher for your Quiceneara
Posted by SS; updated 09/14/04

I was not offended, well, maybe I was..because I did mention that we are Christians. Yes, my daughter believes in God, AND reads her bible. She also understands and knows what the Quinceneara stands for. She has her special scriptures & songs picked out. I do believe I will find one, I mean I do have a year to prepare and believe it or not, I have 2 uncles & a brother-in-law that could do it. I was just hoping that I could find someone that would not push THEIR religion during her service.
We quit going to church because of all the hypocrites we kept meeting. And yes, I have had many years of experience and it just irks me. I was at a Quinceneara just 2 weeks ago and the preacher did a wonderful job and the girl did not attend his church, but knew of her. That`s what I`m looking for and believe I will find one.
I hope I didn`t offend you.....just speaking my mind.
Posted by gloria; updated 09/14/04

Thanks for the response. You sound like you are a great example for your daughter. I hope and pray that all goes well for you. Good Luck.
Posted by SS; updated 09/15/04

Don`t mean to offend you, but being a christian is more then just reading the bible and going to church. Sure going to church is a part of it but you have to die to your self and follow jesus which means leaving your old way (orguyo) and living according to what god wants. Not only reading the bible but use what you read in your life. You chould read "una vida con proposito" it a great book and it has help me alot not only in the spiritual part but in my whole life in evertything!!
Don`t take it wrong you probably to already. I myself have to work really hard on my intimate relationship with God. I learned that sure we need to pray in a private quiet place, but we also need to pray (talk to god) where ever we are private or public place. Sorry if an any way i have offened you but i`m speaking to everyone not just you .k.
Posted by Janet; updated 11/09/04

I`m christian myself and i don`t like the hypocrites either! they ruin the chance for people to belive in God!
I pray that i will never be the one guilty for that!
That was a reason we moved from church! my advice to you is that you should find another church cuz not all the churches are the same. Now i`m attending "centro de vida familiar" it a great chuch, and no part of your family is left out weather you a baby, teenager, or adult they have some thing for you!! and remember not every one who says is a christian is a christian. If they realy understood of being a true christian they couldn`t act that way (the gossip, false tetimonys, lies!) i think is a shame for those to call themself a christians but we still have to not hate them but pray for then! "we have to love our enemies and pray for them! and we also have to consider we no one is perfect! "for every one has fallen short of the glory of God" god still loves you and waiting for you to ask for forgiveness!! "for God so loved the world that he gave his only son so thoughts who believe in him wil not parish but have eternal live!" how awsome right!!
The (" ") are bible verses!
Posted by araceli; updated 11/09/04