Pre Teen Birthday Mall Scavenger Hunt

I would love some help coming up with great clues for a 12 year old birthday party. Our theme is a Survivor / Scavenger Hunt Party at the mall. Teams will be given cameras. I'm just having trouble comming up with fun clues.
Posted by Liz; updated 04/18/01

I would suggest you call the mall first and ask for permission to use cameras. My sister tried to take a picture in the mall once and was chased by security.
Posted by karen; updated 11/20/02

I would like more info. On the pre-teen mall scavenger hunt.... What do you do? We are having difficulty coming up with ideas for a 12 year old girl party.....
Posted by Jenifer; updated 12/29/02

Hey!Iam having my 13th birthday party this weekend at the mall. We are doing a Photo Scavenger Hunt. For more details e-mail me@ GotMilk52190@aol.com!I`d love to help!
Posted by Krysten; updated 05/12/03

Hi Liz:

Did you find some good ideas for the Photo Scavenger Hunt at the Mall? We need some ideas in the next week?? Thanks!
Posted by Kim; updated 09/01/03

HEy i am turning 13 and i am haveing a mall party 2! but i dont want it to be a scavanger hunt just a shopping/ manicures party. I really need some help! i dont know how to go about doing it~! i am not sure on a few things! if u could help please email me at chickensniffer47@netscape.net! thanx!
Posted by Brittany; updated 09/11/03

Girl u don`t need ideas shopping AND manicures sound good 2 me lol
Posted by baby girl; updated 09/12/03

If you need ideas for a 12 year old birthday party her are some ideas:

-Play Sleeping Bag game (you have the kids bring sleeping bags and each kid switches sleeping bags and 2 can hide in the same one and u can fake it by putting pillows and stuff in one)

- Have Karioke (set up a stage and have each kid go up there and sing and dance and whoever is the best can win a prize.)

-Mummy Wrap (get toilet paper and each kid chooses a partner one kid wraps the other kid in toilet paper like a mummy and whoever is the best they win a prize.)

-Making sundaes or carmel apples

-Get a big container and put water in it and apples and within a certain amount of time the kids try to get as many apples as they can.

-Fashion Walkway (get 10 or 12 flshlights and put 5 or 6 on each side get a long carpet if u want and the kids can have a fashion show.

If you want more ideas Ideas e-mail me at Luv2singandance6@aol.com.

Thanks
Posted by Kellie O; updated 10/09/03

I am in desperate need of help with a scavenger
Hunt party for my daughter, she is turning 13 this Saturday!!!
I would like any ideas anyone might have.
Posted by Marcia; updated 11/02/03

Hi Marcia:
Why dont you give them riddle clues and make them run around everywhere!
Posted by jennie; updated 11/06/03

I am turning 13 in about a week and i have already decided i am going to have a mall scavenger hunt party. I am having about 12 friends come along and i have already split everyone up into groups.now i just need help coming up with some fun clues to use. I would really appreciate your help so if you have any suggestions or words of advice please write me back. Thanx!!e-mail: kurlzkutie251@aol.com
Posted by britni; updated 03/14/04

What a great idea of a Mall Scavenger Hunt. My dauhter Olivia is turning 13 in two weeks and I really what to do something different like this but have no clue on where to start and what to do. I would appreciate any help anyone would like to share if you`ve had one or if your planning one.
Thanks!!!
Posted by Rebekah; updated 03/15/04

Hi! My name is lindsey and i wanted some help on the birthday mall scavenger hunt thing. My birthday is in 2 days and i need some seriuos help!!!!!! I am turning 12 and i thought that would be lots of fun for my friends and i!!!!!! iF You can "HELP" than please answer me at bcarrell@neo.rr.com!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Lindsey; updated 06/21/04

Hey you guys!!!
I`m having a scavenger hunt for my 16th coming up. Except mine is like two teams are going to have a car, video camera, and a list. The have to complete the list. It starts at my high school and it ends at my house. Its really cool because it tells them to like go to the mall and have one person try on a formal gown. Just stupid stuff!! If anyone needs any ideas or advice email me at Brit_Brat_Luvs_U_Lots@hotmail.com
Posted by Brittany; updated 06/21/04

My freind tied to do acamera related scavenger hunt but the security wouldn`t let her take pics in the mall
Posted by Isabel; updated 08/22/04

I need some idas for my brithday!!! its this saterday!!!!......so if u got any......e-mail me at ashley_kay_dimare@hotmail.com.......but it has 2 be before thursday!!!! thanx!
Posted by Ashley; updated 09/21/04

OMG!!!I soooo need something fun to so for my party!Please help...write back if you have ideals at prinzas07@hotmil.com
Posted by paige; updated 03/17/05

I am 16 and had this birthday party earlier in my life here are some fun things...
Give every group a camera and use some of these hints...
Find the biggest and smallest shoe in a store
Be a manican in a store window
Make a sour face eating something sour
Find the most risque item from victorias secret
Find a big stuffed animal from the disney store
This was a great party for me and I loved it as well as my friends. Hope this helped. Oh have the cameras developed at 1 hour photo while you are at dinner. So do the hunt before dinner.
Posted by Mallory; updated 03/09/06

I found an awsome web site that can give you ideas.Just email me at tinksleep@aim.com.
Posted by Amanda; updated 04/24/06

I know just what to do. We did one 2 years ago for my daughter. I can email you the list that we used for our mall & that will give you ideas. The mall may not let you use cameras. Part of the scavenger hunt needs to be to buy some items. That way the mall won`t care about the scavenger hunt since you are actually purchasing something. Any running or screaming in the mall is automatic disqualification. Also, they are not allowed to bother or ask ANY questions of any store or mall employees. I had each girl bring $10 in lieu of a gift. We had 12 girls who were divided into 3 teams. I gave each team the scavenger hunt list. A mall directory of stores & a wallet with $40. One of the tasks they had to accomplish was to purchase a $20 gift for the birthday girl. In addition each team had to purchase 4 items with each item being $5 or less. For example: something soft, something pretty, something useful, something rough. They had to keep their receipts to show that they did not use any additional monies. The 4 items were used as prizes for a card game that we played later when we all got home as we had all the girls sleep over. My daughter is known for always having the best parties & this was the all time favorite. We ate pizza in the mall because if you buy whole pizzas it is not as expensive as the pizza by the slice. I think it was $8 a pizza. Also, we ordered the COOKIE cake from the cookie place & the girls ate that when they were finished with the hunt while we added up each teams scores. My daughter got to see what the teams got for her. The party lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Save the survivor theme for next year`s party. We did that one last year in our backyard. If you want some ideas for that let me know. I love doing this kind of stuff. It doesn`t have to cost alot.
Posted by Lea; updated 05/01/06

Thanks Lea! Could you forward me the list for the mall? familyjunk@comcast.net
Posted by Karin; updated 05/24/06