My Best Friends 17th Birthday

My Best friend is about to have her 17th birthday party and I want to throw a surprise party for her because she threw one for me. She surprised me at a restaurant and I want something different for her. Please help me think of something really special for her.
Posted by Bailey; updated 04/04/01

Hi Bailey. First of all, where do you live? I threw a surprise 16th birthday party for my daughter, and we had it on the beach after school. I had a sandcastle building contest in addition to all the food etc. I provided the shovels, molds, scoops and a book of sandcastle-making hints to get the kids going. It was fun.

Anyway, where you live might provide some good clues as to a really fabulous surprise idea. And of course, the idea here is to really make it be a SURPRISE.

Incidentally, I draw caricatures at parties (I did them at my daughter's party too), and this past weekend I worked a surprise birthday party for Eddie Murphy. The event planner had copied photos of Eddie's face and put them on cardboard with holes punched for eyes, and when Eddie walked in, everyone yelling "surprise!", had on a mask of his face.

Visit vendor page: ENTERA - THE ARTIST
Posted by Entera; updated 04/05/01