50th Birthday Party For Police Officer

I am wanting to plan a surprise 50th for my man and he just so happens to be a Lt. For the Sherrif Dept. Any help for party themes or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by Lori; updated 08/24/04

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted by notfunny; updated 08/26/04

Hi,
What are your man`s favorite hobbies, sports teams, colors, foods, etc.? Think about those things. Maybe you could use one of those aspects, or a few of them together, to create a theme for his party.
Posted by Cynthia; updated 08/27/04

How about a cake in the design of a pig? You don`t say where you are located, but where we are, our Sheriff`s Dept has a Pig Bowl (football game with them). You could follow the theme of pigs everywhere for a little lighthearted fun!

If you want more ideas, you can email me at ddnj@juno.com If you suggest some business that is not a vendor here, it will get deleted.

You don`t really say if you want it to pertain to his field of work, or more towards the fact that he`s 50! It could be fun either way! Good luck!
Posted by dc; updated 08/27/04

Bring in some strippers and that will make his day!
Posted by PartyTime; updated 08/28/04

What about a film-type theme. How about..."come as you are as your favorite cop from any hit TV show. That would be funny! You could have Barney Fife from Andy of Mayberry to some "Highway Patrol" officers...You could make his invitations to be the likeness of some old "Dragnet" TV shows or "Car 54 Where are you!!"..if he`s 50 he`ll get a kick out of the nostalgia. There are lots of chocolate molds in Police and Sheriff themes, for party favors tied with a little kids sheriff badge.

Keep it upbeat....forget the Pig stuff...I think you should celebrate his accomplishments and the wonderful job career he has chosen really make him feel proud! He`s really has given his life to doing good in your community...as you can tell, I have a brother that `s a sheriff! By the way, you from LA?
Anyway, need more Ideas, email me....I have also have a sight here at Party Pop..I do cupcake trees..that would be a good idea instead of a cake. Cupcakes with a cop decor on each one.....check out my site, and let me know if I can help you there!!!
Have fun!

Visit our page for more info: Cupcake Cuddlers

Posted by Carol; updated 08/29/04