30th Birthday

Help!

My husand's 30th birthday is in March of this year (2001). I want to plan a CHRISTIAN surprise birthday party for him but do not know where to begin. I've never planned a surprise birthday party before, so I need all of the help I can get.

He loves the Denver Broncos football team (Terrell Davis), and he also loves baseball. He loves all types of Christian Music. He loves BBQ ribs, chicken, pineapple cake. I was thinking about some type of theme but am not sure. He's a very low-key person.

We just got married in December of last year (2000) and this will be the first opportunity (married) to give him a surprise birthday party. I want it to be nice. I know whatever you and I come up with he'll love!

Any help will be appreciated.

God Bless
Posted by tracey; updated 01/30/01

Hi Tracey, After reading your message the word THEME caught my eye.
I create hand drawn caricatures and computer caricatures. My computer
Caricatures seems as if it could be a perfect addition to your surprise
Package for your husband. I've created several themes and football
Happens to be one of them.
Click on the blue link below and view my samples. Allow a few seconds
For the images to load, then stoll down.
Thank you Tracey and good luck,
Charles

Visit vendor page: ALL AMERICAN CARICATURIST
Posted by Charles; updated 01/31/01

Some things I've done is created a "Walk down memory lane". With poster board created a memory wall in which it starts with baby pictures and goes through the various years. I put captions under the pictures and drew my own pictures that related to that time period (for example 60's flower power). This would be a great way to get help from those close to your husband.
I played music from the time span being celebrated. We had "Twister" for the kids and kids at heart.
We also played a game where everyone wrote down a favorite time of the first time they met the birthday person. Then the birthday person had to guess who wrote it. I had guests do this when they first came in and let them keep the cards if needed until the game started (giving them time to think about it). Actually, a friend of mine gave me a surprise party and ended up using some of my ideas. It was very uplifting to hear the nice things people remembered or said about me and a great laugh looking over the pictures over the years.
Posted by Kris; updated 02/26/01